• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

The plan is to just have a blank page with the icons on it, and then draw out if needed the combat.

Sort of like we do at tabletop really! :-)

Noticed that Martin got some flak for 'painting his miniatures' (is that what the kids call it these days...) in the middle of the Rogue 417 game.

Which is also just like a tabletop game. :-)

#22 Dr_Jomster

Dr_Jomster

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Will be interesting to see how that works out. The one thing having roll20 on will mean is that we don't get any huge close ups of the person speaking. I shall not comment whether this is a good or a bad thing... ;-)

#23 ScaleGraze

ScaleGraze

Goblin

• Contributors
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

The last time our group used Roll20, it proved to be a fairly major obstacle to actually getting anything done.  Part of the problem for us was actually me... the GM. I found it quite challenging trying to balance all of the new elements to the game including a number of the players carrying on private conversations with me through the main chat window while I was GMing (something at first, I encouraged).

We are playing Mouse Guard, so I imagine that it is quite doable, but as people have said before… you need to limit the use of the program to that which actually adds to your game.

I suppose you will discover how we fair for yourself just as soon as my group comes up with a name for itself :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rpg, general, online, roll20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge