Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hey folks,

I got to thinking that I wanted to encourage everyone who is on the site to post an introduction and I realized that I hadn't posted one myself.

Hi, I'm Hal. I own and run RPGMP3 with the help of my awesome Admins. I started the site almost 10 years ago after one of my players, PaulofCthulhu (owner of Yog-sothoth.com) tested a minidisc microphone that Lindsay had given him to record a session of Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. This was briefly posted over on Yog and was popular and I was encouraged to start a site just for actual play recordings and here you are.

If you listen to the audio you will realize that I am English. I grew up in the north of England in Cumbria, just south of Scotland. I went to University in Bradford and have a degree in Archaeology. I am married to the awesome Lindsay who was also studying Archaeology at the time. We both moved to Houston, Texas about 7 years ago where I got my MEd in Instructional Technology and I work in the Medical Center here in that field. Lindsay is now an award winning fashion designer specializing in millinery.

On the gaming front I love all games. Board, card, war, console, online, but especially roleplaying. I love mainstream and indie games and I tend to GM rather than play. I started gaming as the GM and it kind of stuck, though I do love to develop a character through play.

My favorite systems include Rolemaster, Kult, Warhammer and Pathfinder. Though I am partial to pretty much anything. I prefer story over rules in general, as you can likely tell from the things I run and I tend to run games very freeform in style rather then being too restrictive.

Anyway, that is a very brief intro to who I am and what I like and do. Please, go ahead and do the same. I would love to see hundreds of intros on here. It would be awesome... :)

Cheers

Hal :hal:

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hi, Hal! *Waves*

We both moved to Houston, Texas about 7 years ago [...] Lindsay is now an award winning fashion designer specializing in millinery.

And as Fin pointed out many many times in the Yoggies' Horror on the Orient Express podcast: If you'd moved to Milan, she could've been a Milanese milliner. :-)

#3 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hello new forum me... oh, it's just Hal.

#4 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'm Jeff Okamoto, the GM and site admin for the Gaming Grunts.  I got back into gaming after listening to YSDC and RPGMP3 and started recording sessions which are published on our site.  We've been up for just over 5 years now.

My favorite gaming world is Glorantha, mostly because I got to play in Sandy Petersen's group when he was working for Chaosium. I've played in Glorantha using RuneQuest II, RuneQuest 3, and recently GM'ed using HeroQuest 2. Although the Gaming Grunts started out playing Call of Cthulhu, as you can tell from our site, we've branched out into a number of different systems.  We'll shortly be releasing a Deadlands Reloaded campaign.

#5 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

And as Fin pointed out many many times in the Yoggies' Horror on the Orient Express podcast: If you'd moved to Milan, she could've been a Milanese milliner. :-)

And if she makes a lot of money, she'll be a millionaire milliner.

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

My favorite gaming world is Glorantha, mostly because I got to play in Sandy Petersen's group when he was working for Chaosium.

It certainly has nothing to do with those totally unsubstantiated rumours of anatidaephilia. Nope!

And if she makes a lot of money, she'll be a millionaire milliner.

And if she had married successful British footballer, James Milner, then... Oh, hey Hal! Didn't see you looming angrily over there. :-)

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

That's not anger... it's despair :)

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

That's not anger... it's despair :)

2009-10-05-bms091.jpg

#9 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

...is this a prompt for me to make an introduction thread? :P or shall I be the mysterious Admin and GM who nobody knows!

#10 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

It depends, Lockhart. Are you starving for the attention of others or are you content to rest upon the laurels of your accomplishments?

I should really make an intro thread....

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

...is this a prompt for me to make an introduction thread? :P or shall I be the mysterious Admin and GM who nobody knows!

SPOILERSSSSSS

1zp7fvn.png

#12 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

When shall the intro thread madness end?!

Though, as the first poster on the intro section and thus the originator of this trend, I suppose it's my own fault. Feel free to blame me for your newfound obligations, older posters. ;)

#13 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Oh, we do. Never doubt that we already do.

#14 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

SPOILERSSSSSS

1zp7fvn.png

Whelp, guess I don't need to introduce myself anymore :laugh:

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Whelp, guess I don't need to introduce myself anymore :laugh:

Hey @Lockhart - You do realize that since the site's been relaunched, you're going to have to convince your players to sign up as members all over again, right? ;-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hal, introduction, rpgmp3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge