1 reply to this topic

#1 vhesper

vhesper

No Relation

• Patrons
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

I saw a thread on the forum before talking about drawing on tablets and Wacom pads and such, but how restrictive they were and generally expensive. I picked up the new Wacom Inkling on one of the Amazon flash sales for a hundred bucks and it may be the digital tool for those who like to draw old school - http://www.wacom.com.../mobile/inkling

Basically its a page clip/pen combination. You clip the unit to the top of a paper (I don't think it works on tabloid size paper and larger), which triggers a open document. Then you start drawing and it records everything. There is a button on the unit to tell it to create a new layer, then it closes the document when you open the clip. Connect via USB to charge and access the unit as a Flash drive and you can get your files to edit in the tool of your choice. Works pretty well for me. :)

#2 Twyst

Twyst

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

Sounds pretty cool. For me though, I've almost completely given up pencil and paper and I love my old Intuos (I also got a great deal on it, but long ago). I am used to sketching now in a way that I count on having a few "undo"s handy rather than rubbing an eraser all over the place. It took a long time to get used to drawing in one place on the tablet and looking elsewhere on the screen. But now that I am used to it, I find it very natural. Add that I've finally found software that sketches like I want (Manga Studio) and I can't imagine doing it any other way for important stuff. That said, I wouldn't mind fiddling with the Inkling or the Cintiq to have other digital options available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge