23 replies to this topic

#1 vhesper

vhesper

No Relation

• Patrons
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hi all! I told Hal I would post a introduction for fixing my account. Not sure how long I have been lurking on RPGMP3. A long time I guess. I have been playing various RPG's for near on 34 years now. I am currently running a Mutants and Masterminds, D&D 3.5 and a Pathfinder game at my Friendly Local Gaming Store and am playing in a epic 3.5 game (Weekends taken). I do play occasionally, but mostly I run games. I have run all of the various incarnations of AD&D (Just finished a 1st edition campaign last month), Cyberpunk, GURPS, Aftermath, and my own system I have been working on here and there. :) I rarely use modules and generally run campaigns - very few one shots. It has been a pleasure listening to the various groups and getting to know folks in my favorite hobby. 

That's about it for now. 

-Vhesper

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

According to your user stats you signed up on May 11 2009. If you wave your mouse over a user's name in the forums you get all that info :)

Welcome back to the new forums - hopefully we can encourage you to post more as these things pick up some steam...

Cheers

Hal

#3 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Always nice to see an ex-lurker, entering into the dark and horrible world of the forums. :) Welcome!

#4 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hooray for new people! Dredge all the lurkers out of the depths and let's get this party started! New guy, go get some dip!

#5 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

I wouldn't mention the Dip, some of the lurkers may be tunes.

Welcome in to the light Vhesper!

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

#7 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

A hearty welcome sir. And impressive résumé of GMing you possess, however I must say my curiosity rests on this epic game you play in. How high a level is it, does it play well, what class is your character, and has the party struck down any gods yet?

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

A hearty welcome sir. And impressive résumé of GMing you possess, however I must say my curiosity rests on this epic game you play in. How high a level is it, does it play well, what class is your character, and has the party struck down any gods yet?

Have they found Vecna yet? Did they complete any quests for him? And did he offer them a tip?

http://drhoz.livejou...?thread=5000552

#9 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

...anyone remember when tackling a dragon was something awesome? I swear, unless you're killing your setting's resident overgod by the end, it's an underwhelming campaign these days... ;)

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

...anyone remember when tackling a dragon was something awesome?

Oi! Stop tackling the umpire.

img514623e961fe4.jpg

#11 vhesper

vhesper

No Relation

• Patrons
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ah, well the campaign currently is running between level 24-26. I am playing a Runethane from Arcana Evolved. We have not killed any gods yet, though to break the epic envelope in the campaign, we did have to end the suffering of a god a society of uber-mages had captured and were using to fuel their magical research. I had to release him from the mage's power to let him die while a massive war between the gods was erupting around us. The rest of the party had to hybernate for around 200 thousand years for the war to end and the world to heal to gather an artifact that would let the party get back to their world. My character had to use the gods dying power to write herself onto a wall as runes to survive the ages. I was eventually discovered by a adventuring party, who I was able to write on (and give some power to) and I was a party of lower level adventurers for a while until I met up with the rest. 

We have currently made it back to the original characters world (my PC came from the uber mage society), where a dream god has taken over and forced 95% of the population to sleep. Those that don't need to sleep have been caretakers of the rest of the race while they figure out how to get rid of the god. They originally world-hopped when the dream god took over in order to escape the sleep to find a solution. Its pretty convoluted as stories go, but its been running from 1st level for about 5 years now.

#12 vhesper

vhesper

No Relation

• Patrons
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

And we don't really have to kill the god to "win". What the characters don't know is that the setting was created by the first wizard as an experiment long ago. He created the prime material plane, and all the various planes as pocket dimensions (such as the abyss, the ethereal plane, etc) and massive spell engines that would absorb "faith" and convert it into an appropriate "divine spell", with everyone worshiping either the Creator or the Adversary. So what actually happened was a real god stumbled into the plane and was instantly drunk with power and stayed. 

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

Ah, well the campaign currently is running between level 24-26. I am playing a Runethane from Arcana Evolved. We have not killed any gods yet, though to break the epic envelope in the campaign, we did have to end the suffering of a god a society of uber-mages had captured and were using to fuel their magical research. I had to release him from the mage's power to let him die while a massive war between the gods was erupting around us. The rest of the party had to hybernate for around 200 thousand years for the war to end and the world to heal to gather an artifact that would let the party get back to their world. My character had to use the gods dying power to write herself onto a wall as runes to survive the ages. I was eventually discovered by a adventuring party, who I was able to write on (and give some power to) and I was a party of lower level adventurers for a while until I met up with the rest. 

We have currently made it back to the original characters world (my PC came from the uber mage society), where a dream god has taken over and forced 95% of the population to sleep. Those that don't need to sleep have been caretakers of the rest of the race while they figure out how to get rid of the god. They originally world-hopped when the dream god took over in order to escape the sleep to find a solution. Its pretty convoluted as stories go, but its been running from 1st level for about 5 years now.

45822-jon-stewart-mind-blown-gif-Vc5S.gi

And we don't really have to kill the god to "win". What the characters don't know is that the setting was created by the first wizard as an experiment long ago. He created the prime material plane, and all the various planes as pocket dimensions (such as the abyss, the ethereal plane, etc) and massive spell engines that would absorb "faith" and convert it into an appropriate "divine spell", with everyone worshiping either the Creator or the Adversary. So what actually happened was a real god stumbled into the plane and was instantly drunk with power and stayed. 

jon-stewart-mind-blown.gif

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

New guy, go get some dip!

tumblr_lvp4hnm9ww1qb4pnn.gif

#15 vhesper

vhesper

No Relation

• Patrons
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

I guess that is epic enough? :)

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

I guess that is epic enough? :)

Three-quarters epic, perhaps. ;-)

epipen.jpg

#17 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Icky needle close ups will get you stomped by @Lindsay you know :)

Hal :hal:

#18 The_Emerald_Flame

The_Emerald_Flame

Stirge

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Don't say that @Hal, that may be just what he wants.

#19 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

What was that? Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of the DVD player, you'll have to speak up!

hellraiser.gif

#20 vhesper

vhesper

No Relation

• Patrons
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I'm currently blogging my old campaign that went all the way up to epic starting here

. It all printed out into a 75 page document, so may take a week or two to post in sections. I had a epic continuation planned where after the actions of the group (one of players brought civilization to its knees), a group of Lich Lords awoken from their slumber and managed to re-work the way enchantment works - thus destroying 99% of magic items in the world. They had to face a Paragon Human Liche, a Beholder Liche and the necro-tendrils of a Illithid Psi-Lich - just to name a few. Unfortunately the group disbanded before I could get far into that campaign. I still have two of the players, so I am currently bringing up a new group of adventurers in the aftermath of the old game to get them to the start of the epic game at level. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge