#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Well - after 7 years or so of planning and work we managed to get a new site live :)

Hopefully you can see it. Please feel free to explore. There are a lot of nice shiny things for you to find. Please share the new site everywhere - I am going to put together some stuff for sharing but you can share and like posts and all that social media stuff :)

I am going to redirect the podcasts tomorrow into a new combined cast but we wanted to get the site up and working first before we hammer it with the new auto downloads. There are new audios in the Downloads section if you want to start listening to the stuff that is in the vault.

The old site posts are down in the Archive section at the bottom of the forums. They are set to read only. Please try to not refer to stuff down there too much. Lets get some new chat going in the new shiny place

Thank you to Thing for tirelessly helping with this whole process and being there when things went wrong or got stuck or life got in the way.

Thank you to Lochkart and BigJackBrass for being around to test stuff as we built the site and for bouncing ideas off and generally being there for support.

Thank you to the Patrons who have stood by the site during this time of quiet and change. I hope we did your faith in the site justice (let me know if you are a Patron and you can't see the Patron area :) )

Thank you so much to Lindsay who has suffered more than anyone because of this site rebuild. It has taken a lot of time and effort and she has been amazing (as always).

So very very happy :) Let's make this place awesome and amazing.

Cheers

Hal

#2 The_Emerald_Flame

The_Emerald_Flame

Stirge

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for all your hard work getting the new site set up. It's looking good.

#3 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yay, the site's back! :) I kind of miss the old look, but the new site looks good too. And it all seems to be working so far. :)

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yay - people are posting and it is awesome :)

Thanks folks!

Cheers

Hal

#5 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Very slick looking.  Almost missed the relaunch!

#6 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for all the hard work! Looks good, seems to work, I liked playing the 'are you a human' password change game. Is some of Carrion Crown missing? It looks like it stops before the trial even gets finished. I'm looking forward to listening to more of Shattered Star.

#7 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wow, there is a lot new... any chance of someone saying what is new so we can look for it? I have no idea what I've listened to... (am now slowly working my way through grabbing the Shattered Star Sessions...)

#8 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

The Order of the Ass, Kicking has a game of Necessary Evil that I don't believe was on the old site. Necessary Evil's always fun. :)

#9 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yup Necessary Evil should be new from us.  It was uploaded just as releases were put on hold.  We should be adding more soon as we have been playing and recording this whole time.

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Big thanks to Hal, Thing and LIndsay, you guys have no idea how hard those two have been working and what Lindsay has had to put up with.

Ummm, new stuff, lets see, I believe session 22 and 23 of Dragon's Delve are new from YGG, as well as, umm, Approximately Session 17-21 or Jade Regent. I actually have more to release, but I've been waiting as Hal has been slaving away on this and I didn't want the vault to overload. Will be trying to make regular weeklyish releases of Stuff. And since we've done away with the advance release of session to Patrons, I will be starting on a YGG contribution to Patrons, exclusive audio content of some of the first recorded YGG stuffs.

Oh, and like, Session 7-20ish of Shattered Star is probably new to ya'll as well.

#11 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

It's so new and shiny!

I have missed chatting on the forums and hanging out with you all. Hopefully I'll be around more than just for cursory checks now and then but there was no way I was going to miss commenting on the relaunch. It looks great, guys. Very nicely done!

Now where did I have my avatar saved...?

#12 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

It's so new and shiny!

I have missed chatting on the forums and hanging out with you all. Hopefully I'll be around more than just for cursory checks now and then but there was no way I was going to miss commenting on the relaunch. It looks great, guys. Very nicely done!

Now where did I have my avatar saved...?

You have one better than a flame-wreathed demonic samurai thing?

#13 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

...my post makes less sense after uploading an avatar. Touchee.

And yes I do because as much as I like Yamashita Tomohiso, the charcater I am currently playing and the paladin dressed like a samurai you - at the time of this posting - see as my avatar, he is not the one I wish to be identified by.

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hurray for the site revamp, very slick and sleek new look, although a lot of the charm of the old site seems to have dwindled, now that the layout no longer resembles a cozy, torch-lit hellpit dungeon.

Made the mistake of opening multiple tabs in the browser with the different new sections of the website. Oh, gawd! The eyes! The terrible winking eyes! The horror, the horror...

Seriously though, kudos to Hal and the admins for all the work they've put in, looking forward to checking out all the shiny new audio.

Oh hey, a multi-quote button? Sweet! Let's take this bad boy for a spin:

Ummm, new stuff, lets see, I believe session 22 and 23 of Dragon's Delve are new from YGG...

Ooh, Dragon's Delve 23, that's the one with the naughty satyrs and the magic obelisk, and where Mike takes the night watch so he can watch the gnome sleep. "Yeah, twist and turn! You like it uncomfortable, don'tcha? Mmm..."
Actually, that line is even worse when it isn't taken out of context. ;-)

...my post makes less sense after uploading an avatar. Touchee.

And yes I do because as much as I like Yamashita Tomohiso, the charcater I am currently playing and the paladin dressed like a samurai you - at the time of this posting - see as my avatar, he is not the one I wish to be identified by.

Yeah, wasn't Telemergion the name of your Elf Paladin?

#15 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Shiney!

Well done to all! :D

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

Wow, there is a lot new... any chance of someone saying what is new so we can look for it? I have no idea what I've listened to... (am now slowly working my way through grabbing the Shattered Star Sessions...)

RUUUUUUUUNEPUUUUUUNK!

Get it! Get it! Go get it right now, it's so awesome! Awww, Captain Socrates returns!

tumblr_lsg1yyTmUL1qcz7ha.gif

#17 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

RUUUUUUUUNEPUUUUUUNK!

Get it! Get it! Go get it right now, it's so awesome! Awww, Captain Socrates returns!

tumblr_lsg1yyTmUL1qcz7ha.gif

You know, at first, I wasn't entirely sure I'd pick it up, but damn it, the dancing lobster monster convinced me. Runepunk, here I come! ;)

#18 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

Why not try Captain Socrates maybe? hmmmm?

#19 ThistledownJohn

ThistledownJohn

Ghoul

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBonne Terre, MO USA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Wow!  This is like moving into a bright, shiny new house!

Brilliant! :D

#20 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Excellent - I need to check all the audio that was on the Patron podcast that never got released to the main site. I may push that onto the individual contributors to re-upload a copy of what they think is missing to the main site for release. They know better than I do what is there and what isn't.

From here on out - most audio will be straight to the main site. There will be some audio that will be kept just for Patrons and may never see the light of day. That area will appear in the Downloads section (with associated Patron Only Forum) in the next couple of days when I have identified some appropriate content.

I have to say that that ability to play animated gifs is a big change from the old site :) You can also embed Google Maps and Vines and Tweets and all kinds of things :)

I also need to get my Hal icon moved over :P

LightPagoda - for some reason I am not seeing your signature graphic - when I go to the URL I am getting a message that says I do not have permissions to view the image...

Cheers

Hal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge