• Create Account
DriveThruRPG.com
Photo

Temple of Elemental Evil? Small world . . .

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 PsyJack

PsyJack

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWaterloo (cornfield, 0, 0, 0, 0) Iowa, USA

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:00 AM

Hi, new to the boards, and I just finished listening to #3 of your temple antics. KEEP it up. I am enjoying all of it but the coughing! Hope you guys & lady, get to feeling better.

I just recently started planning a campaign using the Temple module as a base. Then added in 3 Necromancer Games modules. Temple of Larin Carr, Lost City of Barakus, and Rappan Thukk. All three will be in the same area and should allow the players to go from level 1 to level 15 without problem. Not to metion tie us up for several years . . . the best campaigns start well and fall apart, I expect no less, but I tell myself to dream big.

Do you plan on continuing temple modules all the way through giants and queen of the demonweb? Or tackle something else after Temple?

Anyone else out there in forum land have any cool stories or words of advice for running Temple? I played through half of it in High School back in the early 80s before I moved away from my fellow gamers. I can't wait to bring it into the D20 world. Already found a conversion file for characters, items, and critters. Woo Hoo.

PsyJack

#2 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationzurich, switzerland

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:39 PM

im sure you'll have lots of fun, probably the best campaign i know of. our group spent a whole month in hommlet (a good place to detail a little more side adventures that all connect). im really addicted to that town. my advice here, an in general for similar scenarios: nothing is more fun to write down for yourself every minor detail that has changed since the player's last interference. they might not notice all, but as a player it's very exciting to have the feeling that every inch of the town reacts realistically and that there's no 'railroading' whatsoever (a few quests and the rest fairly badly organized).
we only made it to and - and with very few hp left -out of nulb, the rest is still to come -)

more information on gundigot's evil barmaid maridosen:
www.geocities.com/maridosen

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:00 AM

Actually I think that the TOEE audios have died a death due to player issues.

#4 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:03 AM

ToEE is "on hold" one of the players has basically gone awol for personal reasons. We had no warning, and although we now know hes ok, we didnt for a while, hence the silence.

The other person is soon moving to Canada, so we think the game is destined never to be completed.

Sorry about that...

#5 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:23 AM

Steve just needs to hold a "rocks fall, everybody dies" session where he kills off the entire party.

#6 Ffaern

Ffaern

Goblin

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationThe Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

It's a pity but these things happen.

I'm waiting for the weird experience of listening to Hal and Lindsay RPGing with a bunch of Americans after the move to Texas.

Will Bradford seem more or less exotic than Houston?

Is it possible to get a decent Indian takeaway in Texas or does it have to be flown in?

Will the Texans understand Hal's accent?

What will happen to the word "Fanny"?

I'm on the edge of my seat...

Ffaern

#7 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:54 AM

Honestly, I loved ToEE. I can only hope there's SOME way it can be continued.

#8 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:32 AM

I enjoyed the game too, and if it ever becomes possible to continue it, we certianly will

#9 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

You could always pull a David Lynch from Fire Walk With Me. Have an entirely new party show up in search of the original party that mysteriously disappeared. Surely it would be no problem to fit in yet another night of gaming, right?

Hey, it's the sworn duty of all patrons to troll for more audio :twisted:

#10 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:36 PM

site artist - are you the one responsible for the site's layout ?

#11 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:37 PM

You could always pull a David Lynch from Fire Walk With Me.

A David who from a Fire What?! 8O

#12 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

david lynch = very unknown author of some crappy b-movies of disputed content...

:D :D

#13 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

david lynch = very unknown author of some crappy b-movies of disputed content...

:D :D

OOOOO... If I was a David Lynch fan you would have a fight on your hand luckly I think he is a big idiot.

#14 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:29 AM

was joking, actually.

dont know him in person, but he sure is one of the most skilled directors of the past century.
idiot because of something specific?

#15 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:07 AM

Not responsible for the site layout. I just do some occasional fan art and Hal, in a fit of over-generosity, granted me the title of site artist. I am currently working on some Banewarrens stuff to try and earn my keep.

And I have to stick up for poor old David Lynch. For every questionable decision like sticking Sting in a speedo (Dune) we do get a great movie like Elephant Man or Muholland Drive. :D

#16 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:45 AM

site artist - are you the one responsible for the site's layout ?

What's wrong with the site layout? And are you refering to the graphics on the site or the way it is presented?

:P

Hal :hal:

#17 peter_pawn

peter_pawn

Troll! - Do Not Feed!

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

only my humble opinion. :roll:

pros: excellent navigation, overview, boxes like forum's latest, modules and such. little advertisment.

cons: strange stone-like background, twisted lettres in writing (rpgmp3.com). wood-background is nice, other frames should fit in better, texture-wise.

how about using a larger rock image for background generation? maybe it would look less repetitive.

but oh well, the poll showed most others appear to like it (or are friendly), so i might be an outsider. furthermore, i don't know which parts of the layout you can edit and which you cannot, guess it's a standard precast forum draft?

#18 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

I think it's a standard look and feel that Hal found. I can't remember what we had before :oops: but it wasn't any worse.

And EegahInc's art is around on the forums at any rate. Not sure if Hal ever posted it as part of the site itself. And yes, it's cool! :D

#19 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:29 AM

We were orange before, but we changed it after we discovered that we were using the same skin as Orange Lounge Radio.

It was a little too bright I think :D I can always look into a reskin or a fiddle of the site. I have been thinking it is a little too dark.

Perhaps a new logo or something from our wonderful Site Artist to showcase his work :D

Hal :hal:

#20 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:10 AM

Was it really that bright? And we DIDN'T get migraines? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge