An action packed Christmas special run in the Feng Shui system

Click here to download this file

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

Somewhat belated* "Thank you!" to Hal and the Kafkonites for this excellent scenario. :)

Canadian Chick: "You know, people on the internet are gonna have a really odd impression of what the Rideau centre looks like."
CanaDude: "A smoking crater?" :)

Their new version of Jingle Bells is quite catchy, too.

"Crashing through the arcade,
We didn't need that money,
But we took it anyway,
'Cause pimping elves is funny!
"

*Over six years, but who's counting?

#3 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Thank you very much! It was a blast to run -- has it really been six years? Alas, most of my group has scattered to the four winds, but we're considering trying out the Whartson Aethernauts approach.

#4 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:38 AM

What, 40 minutes of off-topic innuendo and toilet humour followed by some inspired roleplay? 

Yes please!

#5 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

*sniff* My legacy.

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

It was also fascinating to learn that the lyrics to the Beatles song I Want To Hold Your Hand sounds like something completely different in Japanese. ;)

Soramimi_WikiWorld.png

RPGMP3: educational and informative! :)

Thank you very much! It was a blast to run -- has it really been six years? Alas, most of my group has scattered to the four winds, but we're considering trying out the Whartson Aethernauts approach.

Yay! It would be great to hear more from your fine gaming group, sir. :)

You might want to consider letting @Hal share your Patron-only Against the Darkness campaign with the public, as well. It was truly an epicly epic epos in the vein of such luminaries as Whartson Hall and, uh... Well, do you need more endorsement than that? ;)

• Butt-centipedes!
  • Elvis, the Once & Future King!
  • Puns, puns, puns!
  • Bob, the Vatican Accountant!*
  • A female player whom the other participants tease with sexual innuendo, and who retaliates by increasing the pr0n factor!
  • A mild-mannered doctor who just wants to take a nap in his pink pajamas!
  • A GM who valiantly soldiers on with his attempts to build an eerie atmosphere of dread, which the players gleefully tear down with their filthy smut and smutty filth!
  • My Chemical Romance and Umbrella Academy references!
  • Inordinate amounts of time spent on detailed descriptions of the PC's in-game breakfast, lunch and supper!
  • Improvised singing & dancing!
  • A lost (final!) session!

*Clearly demonstrating that gaming groups in Ottawa follow the same 1st Rule of Gaming that the Yorkton Gamers established, specifically: "All NPCs are called Bob", along with the corollary Rule 1b: "Any NPC whose name isn't Bob, will soon become Bob".

#7 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

*Clearly demonstrating that gaming groups in Ottawa follow the same 1st Rule of Gaming that the Yorkton Gamers established, specifically: "All NPCs are called Bob", along with the corollary Rule 1b: "Any NPC whose name isn't Bob, will soon become Bob".

In violation of said rule, I did run a never-released adventure in which all NPCs in a given location were named Joey. Bit of an in-joke regarding a now-defunct local eatery called "Joey's Only Fish Restaurant", which in-game turned out to be a "Joeys-Only Fish Restaurant."

Hal is more than welcome to put out the Against the Darkness adventure again if he can find it. :) It's a surprisingly enjoyable system to use, although the "all weapons do the same damage" conceit was a bit hard on the old suspension of disbelief.

ETA: I actually managed to give one of the girls in that campaign nightmares because of the adventure. Quite proud of that. :P

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

ETA: I actually managed to give one of the girls in that campaign nightmares because of the adventure. Quite proud of that. :P

Ah, the Holy Grail of horror-RPG-running GMs through-out the ages. Well done, sir. Cthulhu_Emoticon_by_aethercowboy.gif

Edit: Wasn't it Jen you managed to terrify? Is she your wife, by any chance? A gambling-themed wedding with a Spike-and-Drusilla-adorned cake was mentioned during the audio. :)

I know Hal had a WH40K con game I took part somewhere in his backlog, but I'm the only one from the group to have taken part in that.

Yet more goodies that @Hal must have lost somewhere in the Audio Vaults. :(

#9 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Ah, the Holy Grail of horror-RPG-running GMs through-out the ages. Well done, sir. Cthulhu_Emoticon_by_aethercowboy.gif

Edit: Wasn't it Jen you managed to terrify? Is she your wife, by any chance? A gambling-themed wedding with a Spike-and-Drusilla-adorned cake was mentioned during the audio. :)

Ah, no, Jen is just a young lady I used to work with. I believe she was preparing for a wedding though. Sadly, I'm not sure what she's up to these days.

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

Aww. :( She was such a good player, too. Do you think she might have followed through on that 'fool-proof' plan on How To Burn Down a Toys 'R Us & Never Get Caught, and got caught? ;)

By the way, did you really have a high school teacher called Mr. Christmas, who named his daughter Mary? :D

#11 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Aww. :( She was such a good player, too. Do you think she might have followed through on that 'fool-proof' plan on How To Burn Down a Toys 'R Us & Never Get Caught, and got caught? ;)

By the way, did you really have a high school teacher called Mr. Christmas, who named his daughter Mary? :D

She might have... :P

My mother had that teacher, but yes, that's true AFAIK.

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

I'd never heard of Shadrack, either, before listening to this episode. Super-educational! :)

And the less said about "Adolf, the Red-Nosed Hitler", the better... :O

By the way, can anyone remember what recording the Jaffa Cake discussion was from? It was probably one of the World's Largest Dungeon episodes; Fin was elaborating on how the British customs and tax duties system has different rules for chocolate-covered cake vs. chocolate bisquits. ("It's defined by what happens to them when they go stale: One of them gets harder, and the other gets soggier.")

It's always interesting to hear one of the site recordings referencing another group's recordings; it reinforces the sense of a community effort, and it also helps to provide a kind of time stamp. :)

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

By the way @kafkonia - do you happen to have a link to that Chanukah comic strip you guys mentioned in this episode? The one where a bunch of Jewish Marvel characters* are waiting for Elijah, and then Frodo AKA Elijah Wood shows up? Have tried finding any mentions of it online, but so far in vain.

*Sure, most people have heard that Shadowcat is Jewish - but Thing? Really? Hard to picture the ever-lovin' Ben Grimm finding a kippah that's big enough for his orange noggin. ;)

#14 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

By the way @kafkonia - do you happen to have a link to that Chanukah comic strip you guys mentioned in this episode? The one where a bunch of Jewish Marvel characters* are waiting for Elijah, and then Frodo AKA Elijah Wood shows up? Have tried finding any mentions of it online, but so far in vain.

*Sure, most people have heard that Shadowcat is Jewish - but Thing? Really? Hard to picture the ever-lovin' Ben Grimm finding a kippah that's big enough for his orange noggin. ;)

It's from an installment of Twisted Toyfare Theatre, but I don't recall which one. It's in one of the collections.

Ben Grimm is basically a rock-covered Jack Kirby, remember. :)

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

Thanks! :) A bit of digging reveals that it was probably a story featured in issue #94.

Jews.jpg

Wow, that title is pun-tastic! Almost Max Jollity quality. ;)

ttt942.jpg

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

Kafkonia: Terry, you should know by now that if it's got a knob, you can control it. ;)
Terry: ...I don't always swing that way?
Kafkonia: I didn't say you would want to, I just said you could. Things with knobs are easy to control.

BTW, does the Rideau Center really have decorative alien hentacle lamps on the ceiling? :O

#17 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Kafkonia: Terry, you should know by now that if it's got a knob, you can control it. ;)
Terry: ...I don't always swing that way?
Kafkonia: I didn't say you would want to, I just said you could. Things with knobs are easy to control.

BTW, does the Rideau Center really have decorative alien hentacle lamps on the ceiling? :O

Not... anymore. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge