It was also fascinating to learn that the lyrics to the Beatles song I Want To Hold Your Hand sounds like something completely different in Japanese.
RPGMP3: educational and informative!
Thank you very much! It was a blast to run -- has it really been six years? Alas, most of my group has scattered to the four winds, but we're considering trying out the Whartson Aethernauts approach.
Yay! It would be great to hear more from your fine gaming group, sir.
You might want to consider letting @Hal share your Patron-only Against the Darkness campaign with the public, as well. It was truly an epicly epic epos in the vein of such luminaries as Whartson Hall and, uh... Well, do you need more endorsement than that?
- Elvis, the Once & Future King!
- Puns, puns, puns!
- Bob, the Vatican Accountant!*
- A female player whom the other participants tease with sexual innuendo, and who retaliates by increasing the pr0n factor!
- A mild-mannered doctor who just wants to take a nap in his pink pajamas!
- A GM who valiantly soldiers on with his attempts to build an eerie atmosphere of dread, which the players gleefully tear down with their filthy smut and smutty filth!
- My Chemical Romance and Umbrella Academy references!
- Inordinate amounts of time spent on detailed descriptions of the PC's in-game breakfast, lunch and supper!
- Improvised singing & dancing!
- A lost (final!) session!
*Clearly demonstrating that gaming groups in Ottawa follow the same 1st Rule of Gaming that the Yorkton Gamers established, specifically: "All NPCs are called Bob", along with the corollary Rule 1b: "Any NPC whose name isn't Bob, will soon become Bob".