The party arrive at the village near the Old Road and start to investigate

Click here to download this file

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:56 AM

Re-listening to this classic episode of World's Shortest Dungeon*, it was interesting to hear all the spoilers for later audio, such as Lindsay mentioning that she'd recently become the owner of a shiny copy of the Tatters of the King, which she later ran, sadly only as a one-shot. (But what a one-shot!) :D Or the fact that this game was originally intended as a means for the new characters to grind enough XP to reach 3rd level, so they could move on to the Tomb of Haggemoth by Rrrrrobert Kendzie (as Hal refers to the author in the audio).

As Hal commented after they'd moved to Texas, and finally got around to sharing the audio:

OK folks,

It has been requested that the new game be uploaded and made available (at least the first session) before the weekend, for a road trip. And who am I to get in the way of that?

The new game is The Sunless Citadel. My original intention was to run through it and get the party up to Level 3 before ploughing into an adventure I have from Robert Kendzie (who write Dire Destiny). Sadly they were too slow, so I have just got the Sunless Citadel without the exciting ending :D I have the DD game to run for my new group over here :P

All the sessions of SC went really well. The players were relaxed and the game was simple enough that the stupid rules did not get in the way. Also I think folks enjoyed their characters a little more that in The Banewarrens :D

Yeah, I think so. We ended up largely back in our comfort zones for characters. I would have possibly played a Rogue, or a Wizard, but Lindsay had the Rogue slot sewn up, and Fin was keen to play something other than a fighter for a change. :)

Was a shame we couldn't get further. Hal was very keen on the scenario he had for us once SC was finished, but time was against us. :(

Plus, hearing Hal consistently referring to the two Steves (who were both playing dwarven zealots of Moradin!) by their last names, presumably to avoid confusion, was quite amusing. :) Also, if you listen to the Mouse Guard recordings by the Mice Goodbye here on the site, you'll find that they've gotten plenty of inspiration for some of their NPCs by listening to Hal's GMing, such as Meepo the kobold from the Sunless Citadel (which they openly admitted). :)

*Two dwarves, a gnome, and a human with the lowest possible racial height value.

#3 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

Started listening to this story.  

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

Started listening to this story.

Cool! What are your thoughts so far?

BTW, if you delve through the site archives, you can find a lot of additional information about this campaign. :)

I have not got the character sheets for this game (as preciously stated) though I have just found my notebook from the game which lists who was playing who :D

Dulson AKA White Knight - Played Taklinn Strakeln - Dwarf Paladin of Moradin
Lindsay - Played Rowayn 'Badger' Filtchbatter - Gnome Rogue
Steve B - Played Oskar Dankil - Dwarf Cleric of Moradin
Fin - Played Johannas Van Eston - Human Sorcerer

Hope that helps with the listening :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users