• LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

File Name: Rolemaster Session 03

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 28 Oct 2011

File Category: Rolemaster

Genre: Fantasy
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The party decide to sneak into the Bandit Kings lair and encounter something large and snappy in the moat

http://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/rolemaster/rolemaster_part_03.mp3

Click here to download this file

#2 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:42 AM

Listening to this series.   Having never played or read Rolemaster it is always interesting to hear different rules and systems.  Not my preferred combat style but entertaining none the less.

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

Listening to this series. Having never played or read Rolemaster it is always interesting to hear different rules and systems.

Sadly, Hal still hasn't had the chance to move the large cache of secret Rolemaster episodes from the end of this campaign, from the Patron-exclusive back office out into the public section, so you won't be able to hear what happens after episode 31 unless you sign up for Patronhood (or beg Hal really nicely).

Not my preferred combat style but entertaining none the less.

The entertainment value may be due to the players and GM involved (Hal & crew), rather than the system, if you're not a fan of rules-heavy systems. ;) You can look forward to the epic shopping episodes in this campaign - especially the appearance of Darren Stover, a very... cheerful dwarven craftsman. :P

The Albatrosity lives! Mögar Earthfüry FTW!

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

I'll move them if I get chance this weekend :)

Hal :hal:

#5 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

Sadly, Hal still hasn't had the chance to move the large cache of secret Rolemaster episodes from the end of this campaign, from the Patron-exclusive back office out into the public section, so you won't be able to hear what happens after episode 31 unless you sign up for Patronhood (or beg Hal really nicely).

There's no Rolemaster episodes in the Patron-exclusive section.

What is to be found there is: Tomb of Hagguemoth, Friezurazov, and an Inspectres one-shot.

But not Rolemaster.

#6 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

What is to be found there is: Tomb of Hagguemoth, Friezurazov, and an Inspectres one-shot.

But not Rolemaster.

There were! There were! But the search function was necessary to locate them in the old patron club forum.

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

But not Rolemaster.

They're still available in the Patron Archives, AFAIK, but you need to go looking for them.

Frankly, there's tons of really cool audio tucked away down there, which never made it to either the main release or the Patrons-Only section of the new site. Lockhart has been transferring a lot of Yorkton Gamer Patron-Exlusive goodies to the new site, but the other groups have mostly left their old gems buried.

For example, the BAGgies recorded loads of one-shots and short campaigns (Red Box D&D, Toon, SLA Industries, Trinity...) that are well worth the effort to locate. Hearing Ross play a pimply-faced 1st-level Wizard is one of the most hilarious experiences I've ever had from the audio on this site - and that's saying something!

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

I think I may move it to the Patron section... :) (ponders) :D

Hal :hal:

#9 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

They're still available in the Patron Archives, AFAIK, but you need to go looking for them.

Frankly, there's tons of really cool audio tucked away down there, which never made it to either the main release or the Patrons-Only section of the new site.

Do you have a URL for this old site's Patron Archives, by any chance?

#10 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

Do you have a URL for this old site's Patron Archives, by any chance?

Shot the location I use over to you in a message.

The whartson crew's OD&D door opening adventure is also a real treat.

#11 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

One of you patron folks in the know should make a cheat-list thread of links in the newer patron forum for one of us Admin's to sticky. Let all the new and old patrons know of the secret treasure that lurks.

I should get back to editting more patron exclusives....Maybe after I catch up with Jade regent and have an equal number of Dragon's Delve sessions editted.

#12 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

One of you patron folks in the know should make a cheat-list thread of links in the newer patron forum for one of us Admin's to sticky. Let all the new and old patrons know of the secret treasure that lurks.

I should get back to editting more patron exclusives....Maybe after I catch up with Jade regent and have an equal number of Dragon's Delve sessions editted.

It is done.  There is a fresh thread in the new patron area.  I'm sure I missed some gems but I hope it will prove a useful summary.

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

It is done.  There is a fresh thread in the new patron area.  I'm sure I missed some gems but I hope it will prove a useful summary.

Good work! I've sent you a message with links to some more Patron-only audio to add to the list, including:

BAG - 2007 Halloween Special: Coffee Break of the Living Dead
BAG - SLA Industries (2 Sessions plus character gen), which includes an extremely rare photo of Steve B. (AKA Balgin of Torm, AKA Susan) in combat with a deadly feline adversary. :)
BAG - Trinity (6 Sessions), where Ross spends considerable effort to remind everyone else that this is supposed to be a serious game.

my good lady says i arnt allowed a mid-life crises till i have been a grown up for at least 12 month's :(

Wow, you know this is a serious game, when something like "hand cranking the manual release" gets by without so much as a snigger.

Thistledown Gamers Guild - Crusaders episode 2 & 3 (HERO System)
Thistledown Gamers Guild - D&D 4E - The Purifiers (sessions 13-16, that haven't made it to the main site)
Thistledown Gamers Guild - Hunter: The Vigil Session 01

OK! We have another new group in the form of the Thistledown Gamers Guild. They are tackling White Wolf's Hunter: The Vigil (a game I was going to run a while ago and then realised I had no time left).

I am releasing it here in the Patrons Area but I am not certain it will ever make it to the main site due to White Wolf's rather draconian fansite rules. I have tried making contact with WW but have yet to hear back from them.

ThistledownJohn also posted a rather nice introduction for his group in that thread, check it out if you're an interested Patron. :)

There's plenty more shiny audio still left in the old Patron section, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

(It seems that Site Fartists, like yours truly, are able to access the Patron section, but can't post in it.)

#14 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

Good work! I've sent you a message with links to some more Patron-only audio to add to the list, including:

<clipped>

There's plenty more shiny audio still left in the old Patron section, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

(It seems that Site Fartists, like yours truly, are able to access the Patron section, but can't post in it.)

Thank you! I have edited the top post to include the unearthed audio-arcana!

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

Thank you! I have edited the top post to include the unearthed audio-arcana!

Ooh, we mustn't forget this juicy delicacy, from far-off Canadia (as @Lockhart would call it):

@kafkonia & the Carruthers Street Irregulars: Against the Darkness (and some GURPS Supernatural Victoriana.)

Those of you who braved the GURPS Supernatural Victoriana audio game may recognize Jen (Jezebel), Neil (Dr. Ed Harris), and Anne-Marie (Arialla) from that unfinished masterpiece (*ahem*), and the tone of the game is not dissimilar, despite using a different setting and being set in the modern day. Amanda (Dagmar) is a new recruit who has graciously hosted us a time or two. Neil can also be heard in the Feng Shui Christmas game "Maul Santa" on the public site.

Sadly, it seems Anne-Marie has had to leave us behind, but we soldier on without her, with me showcasing my mastery of accents (a long-standing tradition here on RPGmp3.com) as I run her largely off-camera.

The system is one I stumbled across at my FLGS. Despite some rather horrendous formatting issues, the system is quite straightforward, making for a game that is both simple to pick up and fun to play.

I'm quite fond of this game and I hope you enjoy it. The intro music (if Hal's included it with session 2) is by yours truly. Session 3 is in the can but waiting on me to process it and send it to Hal, and session four will be running on Thursday (as we game on a weekday to try to sort out some scheduling issues) after 2 players no-showed on Saturday.

It's a shame that Kafkonia & co. didn't record more sessions, I really enjoyed their gaming style. (And the Umbrella Academy crossover was a nice touch.) ;)

...Actually, there might be a bit more audio from (one of) this group, lost somewhere in Hal's huge archive of mp3s:

I know Hal had a WH40K con game I took part somewhere in his backlog, but I'm the only one from the group to have taken part in that.

Apparently, the BAGgies also played a one-shot of the Swedish board game DungeonQuest.

Dungeonquest was originally published by Alga of Sweden, where it is known as Drakborgen or 'Dragon's Castle'. The game was Alga's longest ever games project: the first version being drafted by hand in 1980 and continuially revised and tested until the game was published in 1985.

Games Workshop first heard about the game in 1986 when they received an Alga catalogue. They purchased rights and distributed an English version of the game.

Also also, fans of Rolemaster might enjoy listening to Hal & the Long Tall Texans play(ing - and recording) Board Games! (Betrayal At House On The Hill & Monkey, Ninja, Pirate, Robot).

#16 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Totally, totally, awesome...

Many thanks - many, many thanks... many, many, many thanks... many many many many thanks... to Lucky Strike, Pencil Monkey, and everyone who recorded all this lovely audio!

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:01 AM

Here's another gem:

Dungeons and Dragons Boardgame Playtest
Kill Doctor Lucky

Recorded in 2006, when Hal and Lindsay still resided back in the UK:

These are a couple of things that myself, Lindsay, Steve and Richard ended up doing one evening :D

#18 Hagen

Hagen

RPGMP3 Addict

• Patrons
  • 213 posts
  • LocationConway County, NJ

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:18 PM

ah, the terror of two armored turtles!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge