• LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

File Name: Rolemaster Session 01

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 28 Oct 2011

File Category: Rolemaster

Genre: Fantasy
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

A group of adventurers meet by chance on the road to Lethys during an essence storm

http://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/rolemaster/rolemaster_part_01.mp3

Click here to download this file

#2 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Just finished listening to all the 30 episodes. It was an incredible thrillride of (objectively) traumatic experiences for the adventurers which never failed to entertain.

The incredible adventures of (DANGER: possible light spoilers and personal interpretation of spelling incoming)

Ailish the great and magnificent mistress of the great eel, the great lady of time, prancing lightningstorm, warden of small children and occasionally unconscious conduct of draconic awesomeness.

Mezcar the walking whetstone of invincibility

Malik the albatrocity in constant coma

Tanz the self-destructive elven diva

and of course of (fan favourite)

Mogar the frothing bashcar of unstoppable nipplebiting

were really exciting to listen to.

I can only recommend listening to it!

Thanks to all the players and the amazing GM!

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

I am totally +1 ing that :)

I love Rolemaster - it may be time to get another game going... What say you @Thing, @Lockhart and @Lindsay ?

Hal :hal:

#4 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

I would be elated! Rolemaster is such an amazing system (at least from what I have gathered) and with you running it it is easily one of my favourites on the RPGMP3 record.

Just out of curiosity: Is it difficult for you 4 to line up your schedules so you can play? I've always wanted to try playing in an online setup and wondered about the logistics.

#5 Akira1121

Akira1121

Goblin

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

I would be so into joining another of your campaigns if your doing it online. Definitely let me know and I will see if I am available. Hope to see you all again.

#6 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,240 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just out of curiosity: Is it difficult for you 4 to line up your schedules so you can play? I've always wanted to try playing in an online setup and wondered about the logistics.

No more difficult than managing a tabletop game. The four of us aren't too far apart time zone wise, and we have either relatively stable or relatively open schedules. The logistics are more of a player thing, and the only tricky thing is if you're planning to include multiple people from varying time zones. That being said, we've mixed things up a bit schedule wise as needed.

Regarding playing rolemaster, I'm keen enough to try out new systems as a player.

#7 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

That being said, we've mixed things up a bit schedule wise as needed.

So there isn't something like "dedicated gaming days" on a regular basis I guess?

I would be so into joining another of your campaigns if your doing it online. Definitely let me know and I will see if I am available. Hope to see you all again.

"The Group that screamed "Elf" 2; Electric Boogaloo" ?

Should you need/want a fifth (sixth?) wheel, I'd totally be up for that. Although I suppose you as a group are better dynamics-wise.

#8 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,240 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well, it's not as though we change every week, usually we've found a day and used it for a while until it doesn't work anymore or something. I don't know. It's actually kinda amazing how time has flown.

@Thing has kinda been our king of scheduling, sending out google calendar invitations and keeping track of what times and dates work and what not.

In fact, I think that is a good point. Having someone of the group (not necessarily the GM) being assigned a position to check with all the players and schedule sessions is a good thing to have.

#9 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

I would love to do some Rolemaster.

I think I actually set the calendar invite for the next Shattered Star session for my wifes birthday, but I think I can get away with that.

#10 ScottS

ScottS

Raven

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Are you going to continue to use RM2, or are you going to try to negotiate the fusterclucky state of current RM (i.e. the fact that in addition to no one knowing or caring about their game any more, they seem stuck in the early-80s-D&D problem of multiple competing editions in print)?

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

Featuring:

Chris as Mezkhar Faslurin (Zorian Fighter).
David as Mögar Earthfury (Talath Bashkar).
Goggles as Malik Al-Arain (Duranaki Nightblade).
Lindsay as Ailish Kirilin (Vorloi [a type of tree sprite] Magician).
Ned as Tanz Ixati-Centari (Loari Elf Healer).
Hal as the GM.

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

The BAGgies discussed Hal & the Long Tall Texans' Rolemaster campaign, in one of their episodes:

Ross: "When you get experience in Rolemaster, does that mean your problems go up? You need massive logarithmic calculations?"
Steve: "That's because in Rolemaster you have things like-"
Ross: "An EP for everything?"
Steve: "For every mile you travel, and things like that."
Alec: "Idea points, and for taking and receiving crits - it seems to be the way in Hal's campaign."

Ross: "With magic, anything is possible. Prepare to be amazed!"
Steve: "Stunned and amazed. Stunned and unable to parry!"
Alec: "No! No Rolemaster!" :(
Steve: "Taking 3 hits a round." :)
Alec: "See, Hal attempted to run the same kind of game as he's running over in America, with us - I think we lasted about 2 sessions, stabbed ourselves in the eyes. "I'm the really big berzerker guy with a mattock, and I'm gonna be stunned for the entire combat, again - brilliant!""
Steve: "Stabbing yourself in the eyes is tricky, there's a good chance you're gonna miss."
Alec: "Crits are really good, you get loads of XP for that." :) "The healer really hates him."
Steve: "The healer spends the entire game crippled, 'cause he takes the wounds onto himself, and then finds he can't heal all of it; so he's hobbling around with this terrible limp for the rest of the session."
Alec: "Aw, I'm gonna need another list for that!"
Steve: "I took Blood Lore, but I need to take Tendon Lore, so consequently, my leg is fixed, but it doesn't work."
Ross: "You give me flashbacks, can we move on?!" :(

#13 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Well, it's not as though we change every week, usually we've found a day and used it for a while until it doesn't work anymore or something. I don't know. It's actually kinda amazing how time has flown.

@Thing has kinda been our king of scheduling, sending out google calendar invitations and keeping track of what times and dates work and what not.

In fact, I think that is a good point. Having someone of the group (not necessarily the GM) being assigned a position to check with all the players and schedule sessions is a good thing to have.

Says the dude who's been MIA for 3 months!!

:punishment:

#14 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,240 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Says the dude who's been MIA for 3 months!!

:punishment:

Mercy! Mercy! I was doing game prep again just the other night. Ask Thing!

#15 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Well, @Lockhart did say over SMS he was doing prep.  I guess we won't know for sure until we play ;)
although I am hopeful.

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Mercy! Mercy! I was doing game prep again just the other night. Ask Thing!

Y'know, he's one of them folks from Canadia, so he's actually saying "thank you" - the smarmy cove's enjoyin' 'imself! Ya need ter whip 'im 'arder, missus! Whip 'im till audio comes out 'is nose!

#17 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Finally got around to listening to this one. Loving the crit tables though I was a little surprised at how quickly the party became a bunch of sociopaths.

#18 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:03 AM

Don't worry, they'll straighten up in a bit ;) and then occasionally fall back down into the pit of evil.

Spoiler

#19 Hagen

Hagen

RPGMP3 Addict

• Patrons
  • 213 posts
  • LocationConway County, NJ

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

Beginning a relisten of this. 

#20 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

Beginning a relisten of this

It's a classic - who says shopping can't be fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge