• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dorentir

dorentir

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:21 PM

I'm not certain if I am putting this in the correct forum or not. I have a question about the MP3 files on this site.
I am not certain that the problem is with your files or with my i-tunes, but most of the WLD files allow me to pause and resume the recording. I like listening to MP3s as I work in my studio but sometimes the phone rings or I need to pause. A few of the files, however, don't allow me to pause and resume --- specifically WLD session 29 "uber battle" and parts 1 and 2 of the Temple of Elemental Evil. If I stop the recording it starts over from the beginning and does not allow me to "fast forward" to the appropriate spot.
Just curious if anyone knows why this should be.
And, again, thanks for making these recordings availible
regards
Stefan

#2 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:05 PM

I think it was probably because your Itunes recognised some of the files as "audio books" or "podcasts" and while copying them, auto-converted them to M4B files (which are bookmarkable and auto-resumable). If you know how to convert the files manually, I suggest you do that ahead of time. Also, setting the "Genre" tag in the IDtag to Audiobook might make it work too. I'm not really sure as I don't use an Ipod, but this is what I've heard.

Only M4B files are bookmarkable on Ipods. And that's what you want.

#3 dorentir

dorentir

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:28 AM

I don't have an ipod. I just use the itunes software on my Mac --- but I don't know if that makes any difference. But I'll look into your suggestions -- thanks.

#4 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:44 AM

Lessee. Some MP3 players have funky rules about fast-forwarding or rewinding if the file is in VBR. That said, you could always reconvert the file into a very standard MP3 file, or WMA. Use www.dbpoweramp.com . They have a free tool there for converting audios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge