Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ladies and Gents,

It is with great trepidation that I am pleased to announce some changes are coming to RPGMP3.

You may have noticed that we have been quiet for a while. This has sadly been the side effect of frenzied behind-the-scenes coding on the part of Thing and myself.

The site has been plagued by spammers and junk for a while now and the forums were becoming slowed by posts about the audio releases rather then more general RPG and geek type discussions. It is hoped that the changes will help to resolve some of the issues we have been seeing over recent months.

I want to thank our Patrons for being the most awesome people on the planet and supporting the site. Without them we would not be able to continue. The site is massive and requires a big shiny server that is far from inexpensive.

We are getting ready to turn on the code and the site will change a little as a result.

One of the things that you will see is that the login will be different. You may find that your password no longer works and that you will need to request a reset from the site. This is an effort to help reduce the number of spam accounts on the site.

You may find that you lose your avatar. In this case feel free to upload another :)

There are going to be additional settings for users so please feel free to explore those.

While we have tested as best we can, we have certainly not been able to iron out all the issues that we could possibly encounter so I am hoping that you guys will help Thing and I by spotting potential issues and errors and letting us know so we can fix them as they arise.

When the new code goes live most (if not all) the audio that is currently in The Vault will also be made live, so you will have plenty to catch up on :)

I am looking forward to flipping the switch. Hopefully it will let us move RPGMP3 forward a little and help us develop our community.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

As part of some restructuring work we are consolidating the two current podcast feeds into a single massive hosepipe of awesomeness.

We are going to add code that *should* automatically redirect you from the existing feeds to the new one, but you may want to check that all is well if you are a site member who uses the podcasts or iTunes to access the downloads.

You may find you get multiple copies of the files if you subscribe to both of the feeds at the moment. Or you may not :) This one is going to be a suck it and see kind of a switch :)

Cheers

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Huzzah! The audio flood is coming, and hurray for the shiny new site.

This one is going to be a suck it and see kind of a switch :)

Well, someone's gotta do it. Posted Image

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Congratulations and well done, Hal. :)

Having seen RPGMP3.mk2 a while ago I am really looking forward to the switch over. Folks, to say that Hal and Others™ have been working on this new code for years is a literal and truthful statement.

Ya'll in for a treat.

Daniel.

#5 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

As part of some restructuring work we are consolidating the two current podcast feeds into a single massive hosepipe of awesomeness.

If nothing else comes from this I will at least have a new magic item for my Tunnels and Trolls game, The Massive Hosepipe of Awesomeness.

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

If nothing else comes from this I will at least have a new magic item for my Tunnels and Trolls game, The Massive Hosepipe of Awesomeness.

Well that is starting to sound dirty

#7 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

I have seen the Upgrade, new site is awesome, I am quite certain all will be pleased after the Upgrade. It is time to be Upgraded now. All who resist risk Deletion. All aboard for the Upgrade.

:twisted: :lol:

#8 ThistledownJohn

ThistledownJohn

Ghoul

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBonne Terre, MO USA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I cannot wait to be showered by the audio-xplosion issuing forth from your massive hosepipe of awesomeness! :D

#9 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Well that is starting to sound dirty

No...

I cannot wait to be showered by the audio-xplosion issuing forth from your massive hosepipe of awesomeness! :D

... that sounds dirty :D

#10 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

( if <1 ohm )

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Great news! Many thanks! :)

#12 Mordion

Mordion

Dice Enough and Time

• Patrons
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Can't wait to see it!

#13 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hip hip hurray? Is it here yet? =)

#14 popper

popper

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yay!

#15 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Guess I will bug the guys about processing our audio to start uploading again. Huzzah on the news.

#16 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

(waves Massive Hosepipe of Awesomeness)

#17 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

*takes photos. Sells on internet*

#18 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

I for one welcome our new masters. All hail the Update!

:)

#19 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

So are we going to have big digital readout for this countdown? You can't really have a proper countdown without a big digital readout.

(Seriously, though - is there going to be an actual scheduled zero-hour?)

#20 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

So are we going to have big digital readout for this countdown? You can't really have a proper countdown without a big digital readout.

I expect Hal will do it Times Square style. Expect his balls to drop on the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge