• Create Account

Classic Dredd goes digital!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Loved the film? Want to find out more about the world of Dredd? Well, some of his classic stories have just been released digitally. Check out this promo video to get a taste of the awesomeness on offer! 8)

#2 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Ooh, all great stories! The only thing stopping me is that I already own all of these stories in the appallingly old-fashioned paper format :)

#3 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Watching them has brought back many happy memories - got any personal favourites, Jom? It's hard to single out but I'd have to go for...

Apocalypse War (when Dredd felt like it grew up)
America (when Dredd became a real world to me)
Judge Death Lives (because GAZE INTO THE FIST OF DREDD!)
The Pit (because it's like The Wire, before they did The Wire... and lovely Galen DeMarco)

So many honorable mentions... I really enjoyed the Day of Chaos, City of the Damned, Necropolis (+ tale of the dead man), Brothers of the Blood, Oz... ohhhh, Dredd is just sooooo so good, isn't it?

Worst - Judgement Day (sorry Garth, but you really suck at Dredd)

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Ooh, all great stories! The only thing stopping me is that I already own all of these stories in the appallingly old-fashioned paper format :)

I own them all in paper format anyway but I want to get them in digital so I can zoom in on the gorgeous artwork. I get the weekly 2000AD digitally (and indeed automatically by subscribing to the app) and that works excellently on the iphone. I've also taken a look on the ol' ipad and that's very special indeed.

Case Files 1 is only a fiver and is interesting from a historical perspective but things really find their feet from book 2 onwards. These books are amazing, the cursed earth, the day the law died, Judge Death, the judge child and the apocalypse war in books 2 to 5 alone. Plus, 2, 4 and 5 are ENORMOUS and excellent value for money in my books. Book 3 compensates for being shorter by having the superb Judge Death Lives.

Hoping these do really well and they'll roll out some of the other case files digitally. Those ones you mentioned in the "honorable mentions" box would be very welcome! It'll be interesting to see whether they focus on the older books or move onto the newer ones like Day of Chaos. Now THAT I would really like digitally!

Have to agree about Judgement Day though. Oh dear. It's not included in the first batch of digital goodness, [irony]surprisingly[/irony]...

This is the bit where I insert a disclaimer about not being an employee of the company...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge