• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Old news, I know, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried the tin man games apps? They're basically old-school fighting fantasy game books. The mechanics are a little ropey but the stories are excellent. So far I've played through the first two, both of which I would highly recommend. They're up to 8, I think - number 8 seems to be free today if you want to grab one to sample!

There's also a Judge Dredd game, and a couple of the actual fighting fantasy games too, as they have the licence for this now - Ian Livingstone's Blood of the Zombies (modern-day and rather silly, but okay) and Steve Jackson's House of Hell (not played the app but I remember the book being hard as a nail sandwich back in the day).

I'd actually advise trying the tin man game books first, as they're better written. Anyone who has tried one, let me know!

Tinny website

#2 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've not played any at length, but I did make a point of finding their table (more of a small pedestal with an iPad on it, really) at the UK Games Expo and having a look at the games. Worth following on Twitter.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

I played the Warlock of Firetop Mountain app a while ago and that was great fun. All the original pictures were there to rediscover! Rooms full of grimy looking orcs playing cards, zombies lurching forwards, dozing Orc sentries! Excellent! Until you get to that bloomin' maze at the end of course! Still, good fun.

Haven't tried the Dredd one (to my shame) but know people who have and said its nicely done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge