Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

C are you here?

I never asked your username, did I? Doh..

So, today, on my local trip to the craft store, a rather lovely young gentleman was cutting my tulle, when he mentioned that he knew me.

As one of the only Hatters in town, I assumed that, but nope, he knew me from RPGMP3.com, and recognized me on sight, and by my voice.

We had a lovely chat for a while, till I had to be on my way, but it seems we have a rather committed fan living very close to us.. maybe we can persuad him to game with us eventually, although he is pretty shy (hence me not outing his real name).

Oh, and he came back to me in the store, handed me a gift card and said that it was becasue he hadnt taken part in the Secret Santa.. how lovely was that? I did try to refuse it (honest, i have Some scruples), but he wouldn't let me.

Thank you C, I hope you were not too freaked out by the encounter, it was rather lovely. I also hope you got the chocolate bar I left at the register for you ;)

#2 Zatsi

Zatsi

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPearland, Texas

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I am in fact a Corey that is here!

My username isn't really one I made with posting in mind, I just mashed the keys a couple times to create a log-in whoops! I'm running around under the name ADarkerPorpoise everywhere else so say hi if you see me elsewhere folks.

I felt awful retrospectively as I didn't actually do proper introductions and I do apologize for that. I got kind of flustered between the low blood sugar and the "Oh my! Is that who I think it is!" thoughts in my head. :lol:

I am heavy touch shy when meeting new people, :oops: but I'll usually quickly warm up to them, as you can see it only took me fourish years to make my first post! Record time! I'll certainly try to keep the posting level above my current average!

I do hope you enjoy the gift, you'll certainly use it better than I! Thanks likewise for not freaking out at the sudden fan appearance as well as for the snack! I found out shortly after you left I'd not brought any food so that tided me over until I could head out for lunch.

I think you'll find I'm not too hard to persuade to play a game haha, we'll see what happens I suppose! I'll have to bake a cheesecake or make some cupcakes to bring along!

Pleasure to be here hope to speak with you all fondly.

#3 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'm so glad you posted, I was worried everyone would think I had made it up.

Glad you got your chocolate bar, they are my favorite!

:D

#4 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Welcome aboard! Those cupcakes look amazing!

:)

#5 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

... it seems we have a rather committed fan living very close to us...

Ah, a stalker! :D

Welcome to the site. We could use a few more dapper avatars around here.

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hello hello :)

Thing or I can change your username if you would like :)

Hal

#7 Zatsi

Zatsi

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Lindsay- I'm usually not a very big fan of white chocolate but something about the whole cookies and cream thing has always been a hit. Great minds and all that eh!?

Slartibartfast- Baking is a minor passion of mine so thanks for the compliment! The actual icing in there has pulped strawberry in it as do the cupcakes themselves they turned out quite nice, as did this cheesecake.

BigJackBrass- The dapper there goes all the way down. :wink: What is a gentleman without a fancy cane!

Hal- Ah! That would be fantastic and certainly cut down on the username counts I have to keep track of please and thank you sir!

#8 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

The actual icing in there has pulped strawberry in it as do the cupcakes themselves they turned out quite nice, as did this cheesecake.

By the look of your picture that cheesecake is so awesome it has to be plugged into the mains.

Impressive ;)

#9 popper

popper

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

That cheesecake is incredible!

#10 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

That cheesecake is incredible!

Indeed! and all the more so for not being the sort of cheesecake people generally post around here :D

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Welcome, dude! Have you listened to any of the recordings without Hal & Lindsay in them? *nudge nudge Yorkton Gamers wink wink* :)

#12 Zatsi

Zatsi

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'd say I've listened to probably somewhere in the range of 60% of what's been put out on the site. I've been around for a while I'm just super weird about posting on forums. :oops:

The fine audio stylings of the Yorkton Gamers are spread into my listen to playlist, but after tallying up all the mp3s in there it looks like I've got a 14 day long audio block to work through haha. Certainly didn't help that you mentioned the fandible podcast back in November and I spent an entire month and a half burning through their entire catalogue :lol:

I listen to quite a few different places as well. Here of course, but also The Gaming Grunts, Icosahedrophilia, The Thursday Knights, Role-playing Public Radio, The Fandible podcast, The Yog-Sothoth folks, a couple of blogspot groups who post audio, and a group on the somethingawful forum who post a recording of their audio and the video of their virtual tabletop. I keep my ears busy apparently!

#13 Thunder

Thunder

Zealot

• Patrons
  • 108 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Welcome!

Cheesecake is something I've wished my entire life I liked. It looks so tasty (and I love chocolate and cake and combinations thereof), however, I can't get paste the weird taste.

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Certainly didn't help that you mentioned the fandible podcast back in November and I spent an entire month and a half burning through their entire catalogue :lol:

Did somebody say Fandible? ;)

#15 Pat_OOTAKs_U

Pat_OOTAKs_U

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

So yeah, I'm Pat. Anybody who has listened to our stuff knows me. I'm the sound guy and "cat wrangler" of the OOTAKu crew. Just thought I should finally post on the site and say hi!

#16 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hi Pat,

Nice to see you here

#17 Pat_OOTAKs_U

Pat_OOTAKs_U

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Just wanted to add that I've started an OOTAK blog at

http://www.orderofth...g.wordpress.com

I will keep a running update of our current game/s and what to look forward to in the future.

We also have an official website, but it is a work in progress. We hope to get it going very soon, until then, check the blog...

#18 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

So yeah, I'm Pat. Anybody who has listened to our stuff knows me. I'm the sound guy and "cat wrangler" of the OOTAKu crew. Just thought I should finally post on the site and say hi!

Hey, dude! Are you that guy, Jayson? He's really cool! :D

...Sorry, sorry. Couldn't resist. ;)

#19 Pat_OOTAKs_U

Pat_OOTAKs_U

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Haha. Yeah, Jayson and I are easily confused. The easiest way to tell us apart is that Jayson has hair!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge