#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

The Pantsless Gamers are going a little playtesting of something new and would like to share it with you all :)

Axes and Anvils Session 01

Filesize: 150MB

Since Thane Balgin Stondraeg was lucky enough to get his grubby little mitts on a copy of the playtest rules for Axes and Anvils he couldn't pass up the chance to run a game where every one was a dwarf! That's right dear listeners, what you face is an all dwarven experience as the Pantsless Gamers don their best chainmail undies and their most prestigious beards to become as dwarven as they'll ever get.

Axes & Anvils is a game about dwarfs. It's got dwarfiness in bucketloads. It's got axes. It's got beards. It's got beer. And it's got grudges!

Joining us in this merry session are....

Thane Balgin Stondraeg - the GM

Alex - Hargur Belthur, the Mauler
Daniel - Thak Rockshatter, the Support
Michael - Baldur Silvertongue, the Vanguard
Natasha - Eidith Darkforge, the Leader
Oren - Basalt Knowspicks, the Skirmisher
Tarstarkes - Bilgrath Forja, the Berzerker

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Personaly I can't wait 'till Pencil Monkey gets a listen to this one :).

#3 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

From the Axes & Anvils forum.

Nice to see another person's playtest. And this one has more people in it. Tomorrow me and some other friends were gonna likely do a second game of it as a friend read my playthrough and decided he NEEDED to play this immediately.

Give me a few hours and I should be able to get to listening to it. Gonna likely set it up on the second laptop and play it through the speakers to force all of my roommates to hear the awesomeness. Just need to wait for this slow Internet to download it.

Wow. On speakers for his mates? Wow. It's like being clustered around a casette recorder in the 80's listening to a radio play one of us had recorded earlier :).

#4 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

From the Axes & Anvils forum.

Nice to see another person's playtest. And this one has more people in it. Tomorrow me and some other friends were gonna likely do a second game of it as a friend read my playthrough and decided he NEEDED to play this immediately.

Give me a few hours and I should be able to get to listening to it. Gonna likely set it up on the second laptop and play it through the speakers to force all of my roommates to hear the awesomeness. Just need to wait for this slow Internet to download it.

Wow. On speakers for his mates? Wow. It's like being clustered around a casette recorder in the 80's listening to a radio play one of us had recorded earlier :).

Shackles may be involved

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Raucous good fun, thank you Hal & Pantsies. :) Kudos to Balgin for bribi- ...That is to say, funding the game design, and getting your own home-brewed Stondraeg clan into the game rules pdf. :D

The clan and character generation card mechanics were interesting, but it might be useful to have more than 12 cards to draw from, especially if your group is large enough that nearly all the cards will get drawn every time you play. Otherwise the clans' back stories may end up being very similar, if you play the game more than once and need to roll up new clans. BTW, if anyone had played the Mushroom Farm card, the kidnapped clan hero should totally have been a dwarven princess, if only so the players could walk around in oversized toadstool hats saying "Our princess is in another castle!" ;)

The built-in drinking game mechanic seemed harsh, but reasonable - just listen to this game for testament as to how alcohol ALWAYS improves a roleplaying game. :) You should totally have used Tarstarkes/Connor's stone shanty as an intro for this episode, good stuff.

Is this a recent recording? The players discussed the new Hobbit movie, so unless someone has been doing naughty stuff on the 'net, this must have been recorded within the last month or so. Highly appropriate choice of movie to set the mood for this game, as well. It'd be great to see the pictures that the players chose for their characters, e.g. Tasha's bearded lady, and the Simpsons character. It would be even better if you had some video recordings of the interpretive dance sessions. ;)

The Australian accent replacing the traditional Scottish dwarven brogue was a nice touch - "Dwarfs Down Under", indeed. :lol: And for what it's worth: Natasha, you have a very very sexy voice*, your laughter is sweet and endearing, and the Aussie accent is lovely**.

What was the punchline to the joke Oren typed in the chat? ("What do you get when you put a dwarven hussy in a gas-filled tunnel?")

Lots of great quotes in this one, a quick selection:

"Basalt? I thought his name was Bath Salt!" [/facepalm]

"That was a 'ard battle, we've lost Ori, and Gili, and..."
"WTF? We lost two barrels, that's all."
"That's what he's taking about - he named the ale barrels."

"When ya see a lass break a barrel open with 'er face, ya know she's the right one for ya."

"It'll be good ter finally get below ground again, up here the ceiling's all blue."
"Aye, and it pisses on ya from time ter time."

"Eh, she came tunnelin' up thru ma floor."
"That was 200 years ago!"
"Ah, but he loves to hold a grudge, doesn't he?"
"And he hasn't fixed the hole in the floor yet - that's HER responsibility."

*Although not as sexy as Alex'. ;)
**And SO masculine. :D

#6 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Is this a recent recording?

Yep. Just under a week old now :P.

It'd be great to see the pictures that the players chose for their characters, e.g. Tasha's bearded lady, and the Simpsons character. It would be even better if you had some video recordings of the interpretive dance sessions. ;)

We'll see what we can arrange.

What was the punchline to the joke Oren typed in the chat? ("What do you get when you put a dwarven hussy in a gas-filled tunnel?")

Oren: What do you get if you put a dwarven hussy in a gas-filled tunnel?
A "hi- ho".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge