33 replies to this topic

#21 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

It's either completed or timed out. I'd appreciate knowing if I need to do it again :P.

Hi Balgin, I show a completed upload from you, I sent the details on a PM to confirm. I'll debug my changes again to see where those could have been messing up.

Thanks for bringing the issue with the upload code to my attention.

#22 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

That's alright. Now I can start uploading sessions 3-8 :).

#23 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for the audio, the party dynamic seems rife with inter-PC tension already, even though the going is a bit more slow than with the RPGMP3 Pros, possibly due to the larger group. So this appears to be the party, so far:

Lokni and Muata Fireblood:

Posted Image

Malvolio:

Posted Image

Sorin Shadowcloud:

Posted Image

Brandar: ;)

Posted Image

Paul, the one who's playing the snooty Tiefling - was he the same guy who played the dwarf in the Warhammer scenario you uploaded a while back? His voice seems familiar, and it sounded as though he said "Okey-cokey" once.
The Warhammer game had him spouting that catchphrase once every three minutes - did someone complain about it, or did he just grow tired of it? :)

It was interesting to note that both of the groups on the site who are currently working their way through this scenario (Pantsless and RPGMP3 Pros) had the idea to keep the Dark Smurfs... :twisted: err, the pugwampis as pets - even though the vicious little miscreants have their Aura of Misfortune power continually going, which would mean a world of trouble for the PCs (unless they could somehow utilize it against their enemies... hmm, what would be the optimal way to weaponize a pugwampi?).

#24 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

hmm, what would be the optimal way to weaponize a pugwampi?).

I am picturing a kind of Pugwampi Poke ball that can be hurled towards the enemies grenade fashion, although that would also make it a pain to engage the enemy in melee. I guess it depends on the range of the aura.

#25 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

I am picturing a kind of Pugwampi Poke ball that can be hurled towards the enemies grenade fashion, although that would also make it a pain to engage the enemy in melee. I guess it depends on the range of the aura.

If you threw the Pugwamball at the enemy, you'd suffer the bad luck to your ranged melee attack to get the ball near the enemy - the same would presumably be the case if you used a fantasy grenade launcher.

It would be better if you had a method of getting the pugwampi that didn't involve any dice rolling; say, a Mage Hand or a Launch Bolt spell. Does Launch Bolt require a ranged attack roll?

For that matter, does the pugwampi have to be alive to spread the bad luck? Could a pugwamcorpse or a pugwamskull be used to spread the bad mojo? Potentially, the pugwampi could be dissected and each bone used to make a seperate deluckifier. Alchemy skill checks, anyone?

#26 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

If you threw the Pugwamball at the enemy, you'd suffer the bad luck to your ranged melee attack to get the ball near the enemy - the same would presumably be the case if you used a fantasy grenade launcher.

It would be better if you had a method of getting the pugwampi that didn't involve any dice rolling; say, a Mage Hand or a Launch Bolt spell. Does Launch Bolt require a ranged attack roll?

For that matter, does the pugwampi have to be alive to spread the bad luck? Could a pugwamcorpse or a pugwamskull be used to spread the bad mojo? Potentially, the pugwampi could be dissected and each bone used to make a seperate deluckifier. Alchemy skill checks, anyone?

Yeah, the ball would either have to hold the pugwampi in stasis, somehow shield the auroa, or summon the pugwampi on impact

#27 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

It is a skype recording. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was fake mono pretending to be stereo.

I'm hearing the GM in my left ear and everybody else in my right ear. It's less noticeable in the car and when I let it play on my iPhone's speakers, but in headphones it's a bit weird.

#28 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, it's especially bad when only one earbud works =(

I'll have to convert this one to mono to listen to it.

I think Strand Gamers had one like that, where the recording computer was on one channel, and the others were on the other.

#29 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Paul, the one who's playing the snooty Tiefling - was he the same guy who played the dwarf in the Warhammer scenario you uploaded a while back? His voice seems familiar, and it sounded as though he said "Okey-cokey" once.

Yes he was. The Warhammer scenario that I wrote. Except I haven't actualy bothered to write it down yet. Just run it from memory upon a few occassions at conventions.

#30 PaulH

PaulH

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGloucester, UK

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Hi

Liked the pic, but Scraggs is the white fluffy cat from the James Bond Movies.

Malvolio* is softening some, but only with other party members. Now he's got a camp follower. Not sure how he's gonna cope with that.

Raph can get you the piccy of the old Master from Dr Who. There are pics of the fluffy white cat from Dr No (?) about. Look forward to updates.

Glad that you like the campaign. All this audio recording new to me.

Thanks
Paul H
*Malvolio is the Senior Servant to Lady Olivia in Twelfth Night

#31 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Malvolio's current portrait.

Posted Image

Anthony Ainley as the second most popular Master from Doctor Who.

#32 PaulH

PaulH

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGloucester, UK

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi

Thanks Balgin

#33 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Raph can get you the piccy of the old Master from Dr Who. There are pics of the fluffy white cat from Dr No (?) about. Look forward to updates.

He also needs two stubby horns and horrid yellow pantaloons. :)

Yes he was. The Warhammer scenario that I wrote. Except I haven't actualy bothered to write it down yet.

You wrote it, without writing it? Is that some kind of dwarven Zen thing? ;)

#34 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

He also needs two stubby horns and horrid yellow pantaloons. :)

Yes he was. The Warhammer scenario that I wrote. Except I haven't actualy bothered to write it down yet.

You wrote it, without writing it? Is that some kind of dwarven Zen thing? ;)

Single sheet of A4 with a list of npc names on it and a few sentences on the back of an envelope to remind me of how the npc's relate to each other. The rest's all in my head but the scenario's pretty firm in it's structure (and fre form once the player's get started).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge