#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

This should be interesting for a comparison. Pantsless Gamers take on the same Pathfinder Adventure Path as the RPGMP3 Professionals...

Lets see who TPKs first :P

Pantsless Shattered Star Session 01

Filesize: 175MB

Once again the Hapy Rocks in association with the Pantsless Gamers tackle some new Pathfinder material. This time in the form of the latest adventure path from Paizo itself. The missplacement of an agent of the Pathfinder society may be regarded as a missfortune but to lose her while engaged in an act of great import to the society would look like carelessness.

And looks are everything where the newly established lodge in Magnimar is concerned as their rivals, the Aspis Consortium, would do anything to discredit the society as it's barely gaining it's footholds in the city. In fact I can just imagine the Pathfinder Society and the Aspis Consortium as The Outlaws and the Hubert Laneites from Just William in 1930's schoolboy outfits spitting insults across the classroom while the teacher's back is turned and threatening to "get you" at play time. It is up to our brave Pathfinders to find the missing woman and what she was up to before word gets out.

Joining us this session are:

Balgin - the GM

Alsaindar - Brandar - former Ulfen gladiator from the snake pits (now reformed)

Evan - Lokni Fireblood - mono linguistic Shoanti thunder caller bard

Oren - Muata Fireblood - multi linguistic Shoanti elder brother of Lokni with an anger management problem

Paul - Malvolio - Chelaxian tiefling jumped up lacky inspired by Malvolio from 12th Night

Tarstarkes - Sorin Shadowcloud - elven archer

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Well there's five more sessions waiting to be released and not a single character death yet (although we had a few close calls). Really? The Professionals are playing it too? No wonder this one got held back :P.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

Ha ha :)

It wasn't held back.It came out of the Vault with everything else :)

It should be interesting to see how both groups tackle things... and see who TPKs first :) I am going to guess, us as we only have 3 characters and we are not very fighty. I am going to guess we will meet a combat we just don't have the meat to take the damage or fire it out fast enough...

Thinking we need a bodyguard...

#4 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

All this talk about TPKs. I really need to ditch some schoolwork and get the next session prepped and ran.

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Yeah - bring it on :)

:)

#6 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Or The Trap in book 2 :).

I'm not saying what it is. But the trap in book 2 is A Thing Of Beauty. And that's all I'm going to say about it 'till it happens :).

#7 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm not saying what it is. But the trap in book 2 is A Thing Of Beauty. And that's all I'm going to say about it 'till it happens :).

THAT TRAP! :twisted: I cannot wait for it.

#8 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Good job That Trap

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Good job That Trap

Apparently, That Trap is so popular that there's entire threads on the Paizo discussion boards dedicated to very carefully almost not mentioning what the trap does, with the commenters casting sidelong glances at each other and smirking like cats in an aviary.

If their sniggering niggardly spoilers are to be believed, That Trap in Book 2 basically seems to be an homage to one of the many memorable encounters in the Tomb of Horrors, but with a twist of lemon. :twisted:

#10 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Oh gods, we're doomed.

#11 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Funnily enough I'm just filling in the details to upload session 2. I'll try to get session 3 up before the weekend as well but I can't make any promises.

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Funnily enough I'm just filling in the details to upload session 2. I'll try to get session 3 up before the weekend as well but I can't make any promises.

Is that the one where your party reaches That Trap? :)

#13 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Is that the one where your party reaches That Trap? :)

Nah. We're only a bit further into book 1 than the other group are at the moment (so we're about halfway through book one on page count but less than halfway through on actual content).

We'll probably reach book 2 around session 16-20 something at this rate (but I'll try to pick up the pace a little now all that remains of book one is three dungeon crawls in a row).

#14 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

I will probably listen to this soon but got a quick question...The file is in stereo, but I was curious if it's a skype recording and is actually mono.

I generally listen with one ear bud so I can hear my surroundings (especially at work) better.

#15 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

It is a skype recording. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was fake mono pretending to be stereo. I'm getting really frustrated with the upload system at the moment as I've been trying to upload session 2 since the day before yesterday.

#16 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

It is a skype recording. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was fake mono pretending to be stereo. I'm getting really frustrated with the upload system at the moment as I've been trying to upload session 2 since the day before yesterday.

Is it just timing out, or throwing some visible error?

#17 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

No visible error. It's just the "loading forever" upload loop that never completes.

Same I had all yesterday and the day before.

#18 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

No visible error. It's just the "loading forever" upload loop that never completes.

Same I had all yesterday and the day before.

Give it another try if you would, I just backed out a change I did to fix bad upload filenames a couple of days ago.

#19 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'll let you know in a few hours. Interestingly it demanded a subtitle this time. Either I missed something up previously or now it wants session titles (wich is fine by me as I prepared a load in advance).

#20 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

It's either completed or timed out. I'd appreciate knowing if I need to do it again :P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge