#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

A little more adventuring from Team Wussbag as they attempt to fight their way through the sewer house of stinky badness to find the informant. Some hard fights in this one for such a small and non-combat focused group...

Shattered Star Session 02

Filesize: 236MB

Some very interesting combat set pieces in this part of the adventure path as the party progress forwards and tries to find the informant behind her wall of poo goblins...

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Ah non combat focused I see this going poorly :D

#3 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Ahhh, a clever observer as always, Mr. Keener

#4 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yes I am a keen observer of the Human condition. :D

#5 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Yes I am a keen observer of the Human condition. :D

Or, should we say, a keen BEHOLDER of the Human condition? :D

...I'll go now...

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

And a shiny screencast for those who want to watch us get our arses kicked...

Shattered Star Session 02 Screencast

Cheers

#7 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

They got here in session 2? The Pantsless/Happy Rocks didn't get to this place 'till session 4 (but had lots of fun and games getting there :)).

#8 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

They got here in session 2? The Pantsless/Happy Rocks didn't get to this place 'till session 4 (but had lots of fun and games getting there :)).

well that's because they're PROFESSIONALS you see, while you folk stand around without pants. :wink:

#9 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Actualy I noticed their first session was three times as long as ours so they were going at about the same pace :).

#10 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Terisha.

I went with Terry-Sha!* with a pathetic attempt at a pretentious Brooklyn accent. I spent about three weeks practicing it and then, on the night, completely forgot all my practice and utterly ruined what I'd practiced but hopefuly she made a memorable impression booting the pet cat off the wall like that when it was clawing at her feet as she clambered off to escape into the night.

That's what happened in my session anyway. Don't know what happened in yours. I'm still listening to it.

* Terry-SHA Ski-Loan-ee as in "TeriSHA's got skillz Byatch." You know. Arrogant, self assured, gangster stuff like wot she iz.

#11 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Ouch yes, this was painful. No flanking makes rogues very sad. I have a rogue in a range heavy group and it is quite challenging.

And isn't an oracle a spontaneous caster? I'd think that would mean at least 3 spells per day and at least one more due to a positive charisma. I know burning hands was cast in the room, and maybe a cure light, but other than that, I don't think I heard any more. Granted I wasn't paying that close attention.

#12 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I enjoyed the episode but damn you guys need a pain sponge, damage dealer, healer or some sort of combination. :D

#13 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yup, spontaneous caster with 4 level 1 spells a day. I burned a clw on Misaki before we entered the building lat session followed by a burning hands on the stirges and 2 more in the final room, leaving me about useless.

#14 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Yup, spontaneous caster with 4 level 1 spells a day. I burned a clw on Misaki before we entered the building lat session followed by a burning hands on the stirges and 2 more in the final room, leaving me about useless.

A spontaneous caster with a god that has a good weapon, like a heavy mace or bastard sword. :D

#15 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

A spontaneous caster with a god that has a good weapon, like a heavy mace or bastard sword. :D

Yeah, the burned curse giving me a -4 to attacks with weapons really makes me even not much of a distraction once I am out of spell juice.

#16 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Thing and I were chatting with an eye to trying to tighten up our combat tactics and make flanking more likely for the rogue if it works out.

We need to figure out some decent combat tactics to make things go a little smoother. That said the attack after the house was rather mean and a bit intense.

Might be time to load up on a few alchemy items and some potions and such to give us some more variability in combat. Level 2 might help out a little with survivability. Hopefully we should stay ahead of the EXP and develop enough skills to survive against the curve.

The lack of a primary arcane caster is still a bit of a concern but we will see how it pans out...

#17 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

I agree with Hal's consternation at the severity of the encounters. This was a really difficult situation for level 1 characters to be in.

Is there no chance of Lockhart playing an NPC in the way Hal is in Temple of Time?

#18 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

I agree with Hal's consternation at the severity of the encounters. This was a really difficult situation for level 1 characters to be in.

Is there no chance of Lockhart playing an NPC in the way Hal is in Temple of Time?

Gary might need to hire himself a body guard, if he has the funds.

#19 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Is there going to be more Temple of Time, or are we out of luck? It was such an interesting adventure with the two time frames of the same dungeon. And the creepy, creepy alchemist!

#20 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Is there going to be more Temple of Time, or are we out of luck? It was such an interesting adventure with the two time frames of the same dungeon. And the creepy, creepy alchemist!

Soon, I hope. We are trying to find gaps in peoples schedules to get back to alternating ToT & SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge