Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Howdy there.

So for some reason, I find myself with some extra free time. I decide to use this time to play video games. However, I get this idea, and I'm compelled to try it.

You see, I tend to imitate creating the media that entertains me. I enjoyed the podcasts on this website, so I started recording my own sessions. I also enjoy watching 'Let's Plays' on YouTube, that is, vidcasts of people playing video games. So I decided I'll do that too.

And hence, YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....r/LockhartPlays

Not much on there now, and we'll see how long I keep at this, but for now it's fun I guess. Right now I'm starting with a game called 'Cthulhu Saves the World'.

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Very cool! I've heard of the game even, though never got around to playing it.

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

I haven't gotten very far into it, but it certainly is alot of fun right now. I'm a big fan of early JRPGs, Dragon Quest III was one of the first RPGs I played and I loved it, and this feels like a nice return to that.

If anyone gets a chance to watch them I'd appreciate feedback and criticism. I recognize I screwed up the sound levels a bit on the first two, but I think I've balanced them a bit better since. I also need to speak more loudly and clearly and more entertainingly :P.

#4 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Excellent! I like your running dialog and your voices for the display text.
I've been considering picking up Cthulhu saves the world, looks like fun.

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thank you Mr. Thing. I am a bit confident in my voices (when I'm not going too high), though I can't help but feel my side commentary turns into 'Umms' way to often, and I need to stop mumbling.

With four difficulties and unlockable stuff, the game seems to have a good replay value and skill variability for an RPG,I don't know how long it lasts (which has always been a major game value criteria for me), but for the price it seems a heck of a deal.

#6 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

I saw you had your steam ID up there on the youtube channel. Are you accepting friend requests?

#7 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Umms are hard to defeat when improving. I know a few actors that replace umm with another gesture or breathing, but its hard work developing that habbit.

I don't mind a few umms, even in professional performances because it is so rare for average people to be able to speak off the top of their heads for a long time without an umm or two while they search for phrasing, etc. Those big, long, off the cuff inspiration speeches seem a bit fake at times.

#8 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Sure! Admittedly I don't use Steam for much other than purchasing games, and I think the only multiplayer game I have is Dungeon Defenders, But I'd certainly accept friend requests.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

So for some reason, I find myself with some extra free time.

Any chance of some shiny new audio getting edited and uploaded? Posted Image *bats eyelashes winsomely*

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Any chance of some shiny new audio getting edited and uploaded? Posted Image *bats eyelashes winsomely*

Oddly enough I have enough free time for both!

Admittedly, the absence of releases comes mostly from technical issues, trying to get the old editting laptop working again, then setting up the new laptop to do the same job and the old mp3 recorder choosing to die, and having to face a whole lot of technical failures and recaps as I go editting through stuff and....Enough of that run-on sentance. Suffice to say, I got things set up and I shall strive to put the editting hat back on.

When I'm not playing video games and trying to become a YouTube star that is :P

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Oddly enough I have enough free time for both!

Admittedly, the absence of releases comes mostly from technical issues, trying to get the old editting laptop working again, then setting up the new laptop to do the same job and the old mp3 recorder choosing to die, and having to face a whole lot of technical failures and recaps as I go editting through stuff and....Enough of that run-on sentance. Suffice to say, I got things set up and I shall strive to put the editting hat back on.

When I'm not playing video games and trying to become a YouTube star that is :P

Sleep - who needs it, anyway? ;)

#12 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Hello Everybody!

So, believe it or not, I hadn't really heard about a Nuzlocke challenge before lurking around a certain part of the internet the last couple weeks, and the idea intrigues me. After doing a google search of some of the optional rules and an archive binge on the comic of the originator of the challenge, I've been itching to give it a try. Since I'm on a video Let's Play kick too, I figured I'd make one out of it as well. I'll be starting in earnest next week, for now I'm wondering people's preference on main character gender and name, votes and nicknames for starting pokemon, and any other nicknames for pokemon that eventually join the team.

Core Rules:
-Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead
-May only catch the first Pokemon encountered in an area, no others (No Duplicates)
-All Pokemon must have nicknames

Additional Rules:
-Cannot catch legendary Pokemon
-May only buy one of each item from each PokeMart
-Use the same amount of Pokemon as the opponent during a Gym battle or rival battle

Playlist

Part 0: The Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge