D&D 3.5

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

D&D 3.5 is to be re-issued apparently

Aplogies if you've read this before, but if you haven't you might be interested to hear about the shiny re-print details. Erm, unless you now prefer Pathfinder or Fantasy Hero (:)) of course...

#2 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

pha!!
i wuld rather ram a chease grater some whare uncomfterbul than open my wallet for such an obominaton!!!

i dont like D&D much

#3 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

Interesting,re-releases and the chatter on D&D Next seems to have gotten a bit lower after Monte Cooks departure from the project.

#4 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

After the horror of 4.0 I would so much rather go back to 3.5. Something wizards should consider is releasing modules with minis included and maps with the 1 inch squares.

#5 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

It seems geared for the collector at those prices, someone already familiar with the material. I don't think it's an admission of going backwards or an option to buy either 4e or 3.5.

But, it is a D&D book with involvement with Monte Cook, so it has that going for it.

I do wonder about WotC sometimes...

#6 inkwizita

inkwizita

Raven

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

And i say again

Oh if only i had the power to push spam into it's appropriate bin grrrrrr.

Points angrily at JeremyLinn

Go away, go away, go away

#7 popper

popper

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

A bit late to the party, but I think it's nice that they're doing the re-release of the older editions. The first edition Gygax Memorial books were really nicely done and I have hopes that these will be done with that same sort of quality. The price is completely mad but so too are the Pathfinder books.

I'm continually amazed that in the current state of the economy that Wizards of the Coast doesn't drop the price of their books to $25. What you lose in that initial profit you make up in volume of sales as parents are far more likely to drop $25 as opposed to $50.

#8 Vaeron

Vaeron

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Well, something has to fund development of 5e. It's not like 4e is selling (in part because production has dropped so drastically). I can't imagine Hasbro continuing to pay the developers salaries when so few sales are coming in, but reprinting existing product helps since its almost like free money if someone actually buys it. I'm not sure they're going to be able to keep the lights on for long this way, though. The game shop I go to has a bunch of the 1e reprints so it doesn't really look like they've sold much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge