#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

The party appear in a familiar cave but it looks, smells, tastes and attacked them in entirely different ways... What could have happened? While they are pondering this, they take a sound beating...

Temple of Time Session 06

Filesize: 149MB

The party find themselves in a similar cave system but this one is crawling with undead and exhibits evidence of horrid experiments.

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

And to course....

The associated video on YouTube showcasing the excellent Tabletop Forge...

Temple of Time Session 06 Screencast

Like it and comment people :)

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well this may interrupt my listening to A Dance with Dragons. Which is probably a good thing I am starting to sound like a character in the book. :D

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Which character, Keener-bot?

#5 undecided44

undecided44

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Well this may interrupt my listening to A Dance with Dragons. Which is probably a good thing I am starting to sound like a character in the book. :D

That's impossible... you're still alive.

Though I must admit, I've held off on reading GRRM's latest until I've had a chance to go back and skim through some of the first 4 to remind myself where the remaining 3 (living) characters I care about are in the world. If I remember correctly, one finished the last book blind, another is learning to project his consciousness, and the third got a new job based on a reference from a raven.

Back on topic: I similarly need to delay ToT session 6 until I can finish my enjoyment of session 5. Thanks again Hal for inviting us to take the place of a disembodied head lying on your table...

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Which character, Keener-bot?

Bits and pieces of all of them it is kind of horrifying, but if I were to pin point one I would say Tyrion. :D

#7 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Sorry this had to be done

She's the greatest
She's fantastic
Wherever there's danger she'll be there
She's the ace
She's amazing
She's the strongest she's the quickest she's the best
Danger Gnome
Danger Gnome
DANGER Gnome
She's the greatest
She's fantastic
She's the ace
She's amazing
Danger Gnome
She's terrific
She's magnific
She's the greatest secret agent in the world
Danger Gnome
Power Mutant
She's the fastest she's the greatest she's the best
Danger Gnome
Danger Gnome
DANGER GNOME
:D

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm quite liking how the party is working out.

Marcus is a bit of a meat grinder but could benefit form some more sturdy armor. Sigmund is working well in combat and as the healer type guy. Heironymous is a little freaky but has some cool stuff going on and Kixy is just bat-shit crazy awesomeness :)

Hopefully the game is holding up to the coolness of the characters :P

#9 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

The past isn't what it used to be

#10 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Sorry this had to be done

She's the greatest
She's fantastic
She's the ace
She's amazing
Danger Gnome
Danger Gnome
DANGER Gnome
She's the greatest
She's fantastic
She's the ace
She's amazing
Danger Gnome
She's terrific
She's magnific
She's the greatest secret agent in the world
Danger Gnome
Power Mutant
She's the fastest she's the greatest she's the best
Danger Gnome
Danger Gnome
DANGER GNOME
:D

I have a Theme Song!

AWESOME!

#11 undecided44

undecided44

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

DANGER GNOME [/i]

[whisper]danger gnome[/whisper]

#12 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Didn't Kenny Loggins do a song about a Highway to the Danger Gnome?

#13 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

very cool, Lindsay has a theme song and plot is developing, can't wait for part seven

#14 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

I am learning how hard it can be to remember what hasn't been posted yet so I don't reveal spoilers as I talk about Hal trying to kill my characters

#15 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

If your character does die, you can always try some Hal inspired characters like Darren, the gay dwarf or Snootington?

#16 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thanks, RPGMP3 Pros! Much fun, although I had to leave the room at work, because I was about to die from trying not to laugh too loudly when the conversation had gotten to cock-spawn.

Nice job, Hal, with the creepy dungeon, monsters and descriptive text. I also like the time travel aspect, and not just because it means if I get bored I can drop an alternate-timeline version of the party into MY Varisia game.

Yay, my spider-gnome mutagen got a shout-out!

BTW, Thing - Several episodes back, you mentioned going to the Black Sheep Gathering. Was that the one in Eugene? I've gone to it most years since 2003, although I missed this year because I was up in Seattle trying to get a tourist Visa from the Russian consulate.

#17 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

BTW, Thing - Several episodes back, you mentioned going to the Black Sheep Gathering. Was that the one in Eugene? I've gone to it most years since 2003, although I missed this year because I was up in Seattle trying to get a tourist Visa from the Russian consulate.

That would be the same one. The wife went solo this year as with the olympic track trials at the same time there where no hotel rooms to be had, and with my grass alergy I don't do well for long periods in that area. Even on anti-histamines I start having sneezing fits within a couple of hours of leaving an air conditioned environment.

#18 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Lockhart, I am very disappointed in you.

You have failed rules lawyering 101.

Creating Potions
Spells with a range of personal cannot be made into potions.

and

Brew Potion (Ex): At 1st level, alchemists receive Brew
Potion as a bonus feat. An alchemist can brew potions of
any formulae he knows (up to 3rd level), using his alchemist
level as his caster level. The spell must be one that can be
made into a potion. The alchemist does not need to meet
the prerequisites for this feat.

If the alchemist wants, an infusion of shield could be shared, with the appropriate discovery.

If you want a fighter using a two handed weapon to have access to true strike and shield, make a gish. Don't break the rules...

#19 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh Noes! I've been found out!

In truth, I tend to be more forgetful of rules that I would probably overrule myself as a GM. A potion is a worse oppurtunity action than a spell. A spell can be quickened, cast defensively, all sort's of things. A potion is a move action to draw and a standard to take, both of which provoke attacks of oppurtunity. So I don't see a huge problem with allowing personal potions. A Gish does it much better. And honestly, it makes very little sense that you can't have a potion of true strike just because it's 'personal' range.

#20 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

I think there are two classes that benefit 'more than intended' from spells like true strike and shield, fighters and rogues, more so in 3.5 but in pathfinder it's not trivial:

+20 to hit also counts on confirms, so a level 20 fighter with improved power attack and improved critical could use power attack for 20 with a falchion and translate that to 40 damage. add in base damage and a critical on 15-20 and that quickly becomes buying potions of true strike by the crate since that is very cost efficient for fort save or die effects for the first attack of a combat. (This isn't possible in pathfinder due to the change to power attack). Same works for rogues, even if they don't get to translate the to hit bonus to extra damage, but since they suffer from a lower base attack bonus, it helps them get in the sneak attack against higher AC opponents.

A shield potion is like a one time use +2 dancing heavy shield plus broach of shielding or whatever you want to consider it. The point is, +4 AC might be trivial to the wizard, who if they cared about AC would also be casting mage armor and protection from evil to get +10 AC, the fighter and rogue once again benefit more. the fighter is cleared to use their higher DPS option and get at least some AC benefit they normally wouldn't, and the rogue doesn't even have shield proficiency, removing some of their glass cannon attributes.

It's not rules as written or rules as intended. Spells do have a range of personal for a reason, and I think this is one of them. (Mess with RAW and RAI at your peril! Mwahahahaha)

This is one of those rules that that is often overlooked and it gets my ire up. I think it is the anti-munchkin in me.

p.s. What about the accelerated drinker trait?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge