#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

The party continue forth and no one gets killed :)

Temple of Time Session 04

Filesize: 98MB

The party venture into the dingy lower levels of the goblin caves and find a rather nasty kitchen before being driven off by the goblin hordes

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Go give us a thumbs up folks :) And watch the table :)

Temple of Time Session 04 Screencast

#3 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

nice little birthday present. several hours of video to watch. Looking forward to see how things turn out.

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

Thank you Hal & the other RPGMP3 ProMoFos. :)

#5 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for getting the stuff uploaded, Hal, despite being busy at work. I sympathize, as I loathe work, and having fun stuff to listen to helps the day pass more quickly.

Also, I should upload pics of some of the maps we've done for our Temple of Elemental Evil campaign. We're insane, and decided it would be a good idea to paint them. About a dozen 36"x42" in full color, and that's only the moathouse, moathouse dungeon, level 1 & half of level 2 of the temple.

#6 Pikkle

Pikkle

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Now I'm finally a forum member I need to raise what is for me an issue. The video is great. I really like seeing the rolls and deployment of the party but there have been times you've relied on the video display and I've had to take note oof the time in the recording the see what was rolled/what occured.
I as a listenner like to use you as a way to escape the dily grind at work but while I still have audio only games to catch up on this new adventure won't be added to my regular listenning as I feel I'm missing out on too much without the video.

#7 StirringSagacity

StirringSagacity

Lucid Patron

• Patrons
  • 154 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

I think this is my favorite thing you guys (Hal and Lindsay) have done so far. It's nice seeing Lindsay excited about her character and Hal really seems to be enjoying himself and properly laughing. It's awesome keep up the great work.

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Apologies if we are relying on the video a little much. I do not see much difference between the video and a battle mat with regards to the audio. There are always going to be times in the audio where we say things like, "I'll move to there and attack the goblin".

I will make more of a concerted effort to describe the actions that are taken during the game tonight to ensure that the quality of the audio reminds listenable and enjoyable :)

Thanks for pointing it out. I had hoped there would be little difference but when I think about it there are some tools that the video chat provides that a tabletop never could. :)

Hopefully we can entice you back to listening... the video was never the main thrust of this game. I am only recording it because I can and then as I have it, I may as well release it... :P I never ever thought we would be gaming on video... I don't think I'm that interesting to watch :P

SimonLucid - I always enjoy the games I write more than the ones that are prewritten. I just the time or the encouragement to sit and write :) All of this is written so far so perhaps it may appear as an adventure in some format down the line :P One word I am keeping in mind for this one is MegaDungeon but I am not sure I'll manage it :P

Cheers

#9 Pikkle

Pikkle

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Deffinately going to be listenning and lurking. I'm watching the video casts aswell. I just can't get away with doing that bit while supposedly working.

#10 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Beware of the pincer attack :twisted:

#11 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Fireball tastes like Cinnamon Hearts Candy and an entire bottle and a bit can be drank by one person in a sitting. :twisted: As for Whiskey (Or Whisky) liqueurs Drambuie and Southern Comfort are both whiskey based liqueurs. Finally "Naughty pants" :twisted:

#12 fainmaca

fainmaca

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Really enjoying this new series, guys! Currently watching them in video format, and its really fun to actually see what is happening on the grid etc.

Also, in an aside, while I was listening to this episode I remembered something which may make Lindsay chuckle a little (apologies if its been mentioned before): http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20091216

Fainmaca Out.

#13 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Really enjoying this new series, guys! Currently watching them in video format, and its really fun to actually see what is happening on the grid etc.

Also, in an aside, while I was listening to this episode I remembered something which may make Lindsay chuckle a little (apologies if its been mentioned before): http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20091216

Fainmaca Out.

They stole my idea!! Bastards!!

:cry:

#14 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Your idea was a living chicken fish while there chicken fish is a pale imitation. :D

#15 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

pale imitation.

Undead chicken-fish?

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

Fainmaca Out.

Aww, turn that frown upside down - after all, it's all been done before.

Incidentally, when you guys find the Temple of Time, keep an eye out for the Master Sword. :)

#17 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

Fainmaca Out.

Incidentally, when you guys find the Temple of Time, keep an eye out for the Master Sword. :)

he he, I had thought about trying to drop some Zelda references in the game to tease about that.

#18 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Fainmaca Out.

he he, I had thought about trying to drop some Zelda references in the game to tease about that.

Apparently, the infamous Temple of Spank idea has been done before, as well - by an obscure Swedish rock band, no less! :) They're called Baren med vin och Josefin, or "The bar with wine and Josephine".

I am told that the "Temple of Spank" EP contained 3 songs: "Temple Of Spank", "Spankland" and a cover of The Rolling Stones song "Gimme Spank" :roll:

Posted Image

#19 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Awesome :)

Well now I own their web address :P