32 replies to this topic

#1 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

The Gaming Grunts are proud to present the HeroQuest 2 adventure "Sartar: The Colymar Campaign". This campaign is set in Glorantha, which has always been my favorite gaming world.

In episode 1, the heroes travel from their stead to the CLearwine Earth Temple for the Feast of Beasts.

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

Ooh, thank you – downloading it forthwith. I recently started listening to your fine Firefly recordings, and it’s great fun. I particularly like the ship captain, who’s reminding me of someone…

Posted Image

:D

#3 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

Ha! I've passed that on to the player, we'll see how he reacts....

#4 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Episode 2 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. One of the heroes is inspired to invoke Ernalda's Challenge.

#5 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Episode 3 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes make their way to Boldhome to try to recover the Red Hands of Hofstaring.

#6 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Episode 4 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes fight their duel against "Killer" Branduan and his Greydog clan compatriots.

#7 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Episode 5 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes find themselves in the Royal Palace in Boldhome and encounter some interesting persons.

#8 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

Episode 6 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes make plans for how and when to obtain the Red Hands of Hofstaring.

#9 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

I have been sitting on the Colymar campaign podcasts since episode 1 . At first listen it did not appeal to me. There came a time though when I began to miss you guys.....er......"grunts" so I re-tried the podcasts today. I really dig'em now! Once I got thru the second episode I was hooked. Hearing the "possession" sequence in the feast hall drove it home for me.
I have listened to all of your podcasts and have especially enjoyed the Nyralhethotep shows and the Hollow Earth-type game, ( system failure....what system was that? .....)
Thanks for all the great content. Where is the missing comrade though? The one player who is missing.....where is he? Hope he is ok.

#10 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the compliments. The "Hollow-Earth" setting used Adventure! Tales from the Aeon Society (the D10 White Wolf version, not the D20 version).

Which player(s) are you referring to?

#11 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

Episode 7 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes attend Prince Temertain's banquet.

#12 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Episode 8 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes make their way back to their stead with the Red Hands of Hofstaring.

#13 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

Episode 9 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes get news of events happening in the Kingdom and receive the Second Task from Ernalsulva.

#14 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Episode 10 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes travel to Duck Point to negotiate with the durulz.

#15 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Episode 11 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes make their way along the Upland Marsh towards the Howling Tower.

#16 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Episode 12 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes face the inhabitants of the Howling Tower.

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

"We could send them a message on a carrier pigeon - or a rock!"
"I'm a master archer, I could shoot an arrow with a note over the city wall, easy." :elf:
"Somebody just killed the mayor! Oh, and they want to forge an alliance, how nice."
"I could put one of those non-lethal tips on it, whatchamacallit, suction cups."
"Ahh! My suction-cup-allergies!"
"Latex allergy, technically."
"Well, if you want to be realistic about it..."

------------------------------------------

:lol: Highly entertaining. Thank you muchly!

#18 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Episode 13 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes discover they have been betrayed!

#19 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Episode 14 of The Colymar Campaign is now available. The heroes try to determine what they should do about the stolen object.

#20 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

I am a terrible person for not reading this part of the forum and realizing you post on here. Enjoying the audio so far. My favorite was the secret agent/hollow earth stuff. Not connecting with the Colemar stuff as much, but I think thats a matter of the setting not sitting right with me rather than anything else. It is still one of my itunes feeds that doesnt have unheard audio for more than a day though. I am particularly impressed since if I remember right you record at work with co-workers during a very generous lunch break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge