Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Hello,

A small note..

Our standard policy at the moment for dealing with posts that are started by spammers is to delete the whole post, rather than delete the spam post, and leave the comments afterwards.

Please don't be offended. :dq:

Also, while it does help to increase your post count, please don't trouble yourself to comment on every post containing spam; we do check every day and will most likely find them pretty quickly.:coffee:

When we remove a spammers "post" from an already existing forum topic/conversation, and leave the :spam: :gtfo: comments, it does make the forum thread look odd and disjointed (although it is sometimes funny :mage:). So, to save us having to go through and delete all posts relating to that spam, please, just ignore it if you can. It helps everything run smoother, and make more sense.

We are working on a solution to the Spam issue longterm, and you guys will be the first to hear about it :fighter:

Ok, thats me once-yearly moderator type post done..

:glam: (my MOD persona :wink: )

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thanks!

(oh no, this is a post related to spam!? maybe I shouldn't have said anything...)

#3 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thanks!

(oh no, this is a post related to spam!? maybe I shouldn't have said anything...)

LOL

:punish:

#4 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

When we remove a spammers "post" from an already existing forum topic/conversation, and leave the :spam: :gtfo: comments, it does make the forum thread look odd and disjointed (although it is sometimes funny :mage:)

I'm biased, but I will always like the thread where I swore and wished death (by fire, I believe) upon a spammer, later having the spam comment removed, and it looked like I was saying it to another regular...

Good times, good times...

#5 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

When we remove a spammers "post" from an already existing forum topic/conversation, and leave the :spam: :gtfo: comments, it does make the forum thread look odd and disjointed (although it is sometimes funny :mage:)

I'm biased, but I will always like the thread where I swore and wished death (by fire, I believe) upon a spammer, later having the spam comment removed, and it looked like I was saying it to another regular...

Good times, good times...

Lol, i remember that too

It WAS funny.. :lol:

#6 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I mentioned it after but I am going to say it twice Fuck away and Die FORUM OF SHAME. :D 8)

- Quote from a spambot

I thought it was particularly funny and decided to share...

#7 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

The one that recently popped up in the thread about Lindsay's neck pain inspired an impressive stream of profanity from me, along with lengthy details about what I'd like to do to the person responsible...

But I deleted it.

On rare occasions my better angels remember to not bring knives to a gunfight. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge