• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowmage75

Shadowmage75

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

I hate for this to be my first post. Unfortunately I'm on the verge of an OCD meltdown.
Dude. STOP COUGHING!
Did no one ever tell you to seek professional help if a cough persists more than three days? I've gotten almost through ten sessions of kingmaker with your grating noise gouging my eardrum every thirty seconds. Even if you don't see a doctor, a bottle of NyQuil or robetussin. Chew down a pack of halls, something!
Yes, I recognize how out of date this is. For all I know, you may have died from TB. But considering my joy to find a podcast that runst longer than fifteen sessions, I'm not going to listen to it any further because I cannot stand that one overriding flaw

#2 Vaeron

Vaeron

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

You know, I find if something isn't to my taste I just stop listening to it. Strand Gamers have had their own website for about a year now, that might be a better place to let your criticism be known, if it's that important to you.

#3 MrQuizzles

MrQuizzles

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, I have seen a doctor about it. It's asthma, and there's not a whole lot I can do when it flares up since it takes a while for it to settle down, even with an inhaler. Cough drops, NyQuil, Robitussin, etc. do not help because of the nature of the cough.

The cough also only occurs during the winter months, so it'll disappear after a while.

#4 Nicholas

Nicholas

Stirge

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

I hate for this to be my first post. Unfortunately I'm on the verge of an OCD meltdown.
Dude. STOP COUGHING!
Did no one ever tell you to seek professional help if a cough persists more than three days? I've gotten almost through ten sessions of kingmaker with your grating noise gouging my eardrum every thirty seconds. Even if you don't see a doctor, a bottle of NyQuil or robetussin. Chew down a pack of halls, something!
Yes, I recognize how out of date this is. For all I know, you may have died from TB. But considering my joy to find a podcast that runst longer than fifteen sessions, I'm not going to listen to it any further because I cannot stand that one overriding flaw

I lived in a house with Kevin for a school year. We shared a wall. He coughed continuously for 8 months.

#5 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Yeah, I have seen a doctor about it. It's asthma, and there's not a whole lot I can do when it flares up since it takes a while for it to settle down, even with an inhaler. Cough drops, NyQuil, Robitussin, etc. do not help because of the nature of the cough.

The cough also only occurs during the winter months, so it'll disappear after a while.

Haven't listened to the recording, but my sister is Asthmatic, and use to be very bad with it. Its a crappy thing to have to deal with, and I know that cold and damp especially affected her, so you have my sympathies.

Is there an allergen in your environment that might be setting you off? My sister lives in a very industrial steel working town, and that was one of her triggers.

Have you tried any of the less conventional methods of trying to ease it? Things like drinking lots of water and/or drinking hot tea are thought to help and there is (as yet unproven) research going on into eating foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon and mackerel. Also, and i know it will perhaps sound odd but both yoga and massage/chiropractic treatment are thought to help open airways and increase healthy lung function.

Hope it eases for you, I personally HATE it when I cough, it almost makes me sick, so i can't imagine doing it all the time..

Lindsay

:glam:

#6 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

My wife has asthma as well as bad allergies so the current congestive cough going through our area has hit her rather hard. Her asthma is pretty light, but when something triggers it, it can be pretty bad and it is scary how fast any respiratory issue can turn into bronchitis for her.

The cough never bothered me that much on the recordings, perhaps because I am used to coughs, or I am a bit more tolerant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge