#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

The file game in a new series. A homebrew game using Pathfinder, written by Hal. Set in Golarion and starting in southern Varisia.

This is the character creation session in which we attempt Google Hangouts gaming for the first time, spend an hour off camera getting things set up correctly and then knock out a really interesting group of characters.

Temple of Time Session 00

Filesize: 64MB

A character creation session for a new game of Pathfinder using a homebrew adventure with Hal as the GM. The game is recorded over Google Hangouts.

The part ends up being an interesting mix.

Lockhart - Dwarf Oracle (Metal)
Thing - Elf Wizard (Universalist)
Lindsay - Gnome Alchemist (Vivisectionist)
Hal - NPC Human Fighter

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

In addition you can watch the Google Hangouts video of this game...

Temple of Time Session 00 Google Hangouts Screencast

Let me know what you think...

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Thank you Hal. :D

#4 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Exciting!!

What does everyone think of the group name :mrgreen:

The icon for my character

:emp:

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Oooh, RPGMP3 Professionals. Yes, I think between the hundreds of sessions Hal and Lindsay have provided, Thing's untold behind-the-scenes assistance to the website, and my own meagre community contributions, that it fits fairly well.

Hal, you need to remember to beg for viewers of the Youtube video to Favourite/Thumbs Up/Like/Subscribe/etc the video, so we can become Youtube famous and get Youtube money, like those EpicMealTime guys. :P

Lindsay, your character is going to need that long cloak sooner or later to hide your horrible mutations so you can avoid being burnt as a horrible monster. Wait, this isn't warhammer, it's Pathfinder, horrible mutations are society acceptable :P

#6 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thank you Mr. Hal and Professionals!

#7 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Such a huge difference in the size difference between the audio and the downloaded youtube video. At least with the program I used to to grab it. Sounds like a good start though and I look forward to listening/viewing the future adventures of alchemist and friends.

#8 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:33 AM

Nice to see Hal & co back!

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

Thank you Hal & RPGMP3 ProMoFos. :)

I've started doodling a character sketch for you already, Lockhart. If the rest of you would like some sketches of your characters (including the NPC mook, Hal), feel free to send me character sheets or descriptions (or if you've already emailed the details to Lockhart, or sent them by carrier pigeon, you can ask him to forward them - either way, it's all good). :)

Very much looking forward to seeing how far off my visualization of Lindsay's character is going to be, compared to the official character portrait that she's promised us. :)

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Thanks Mr Monkey....

Also - everyone who wandered over to YouTube might want to click the little thumbs up if you like the idea :) That way we might get some recognition for it :) Maybe :)

Especially with a whole campaign going up on there eventually :)

#11 Anonomuss

Anonomuss

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hey Hal and all the Professionals,
Long time lurker here, just wanted to say thank you for all the wondering podcasts you guys come out with.

I also wanted to suggest that the NPC might be a ranger with the "Trapper" archetype, as it would be sufficiently beefy to be a frontline fighter and have the ability to disable magical traps. The archetype has all the benefits of a rogue's Trapfinding while only sacrificing the Ranger's spellcasting ability, and gains a few other sundry benefits which could be fun.

There's also the Urban Ranger and the Archeologist Bard. But the uban ranger is more suited to a city campaign than a dungeon one, and the archeologist bard is still a bard, even if it is closer to Indiana Jones than a lyricist, giving up bardic performance for luck bonuses and a plethora of roguish benefits.

Really looking forward to this continuing!

#12 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Looks brilliant. :)

#13 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hey Muss, welcome to the site, as a prior-lurker myself it's great to see people stepping out of the shadows. :D

That Trapper Archtype is really cool actually. At higher levels it kinda turns into Green Arrow. Hal might have already finished statting up the fighter, but that definately would be an awesome choice for the skill monkey/ combatant role we're trying to fill.

Also, Hal, on the video cast side of things, there might be something we can do to try increase viewership. A video several hours long might be daunting, but a Video Game 'Let's Play' channel I subscribe to does highlights, little videos that are exerts from the main longer series and are under two minutes. They empasize particularly funny or intense moments from the longer videos that act as promotions and teasers and such. If we get comments like 'that part where they sang spider-gnome was funny' or 'Lindsay rolling a 5 for stats, so funny' then we can go back and just make little snippets videos.

In case you can't tell, I'm really excited about the videocast possibilities of YouTube. :P

#14 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hey Hal and all the Professionals,
Long time lurker here, just wanted to say thank you for all the wondering podcasts you guys come out with.

I also wanted to suggest that the NPC might be a ranger with the "Trapper" archetype, as it would be sufficiently beefy to be a frontline fighter and have the ability to disable magical traps. The archetype has all the benefits of a rogue's Trapfinding while only sacrificing the Ranger's spellcasting ability, and gains a few other sundry benefits which could be fun.

There's also the Urban Ranger and the Archeologist Bard. But the uban ranger is more suited to a city campaign than a dungeon one, and the archeologist bard is still a bard, even if it is closer to Indiana Jones than a lyricist, giving up bardic performance for luck bonuses and a plethora of roguish benefits.

Really looking forward to this continuing!

I was totally going to "Spam Hammer" the post, glad i skim read it first..

Welcome :oops:

#15 Anonomuss

Anonomuss

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

I must admit its a bit unfortunate for a nickname, so sorry for the confusion, but I've been using it for a while and I'm quite fond of it. :lol:

Thank you for the welcome. :D

#16 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

I must admit its a bit unfortunate for a nickname, so sorry for the confusion, but I've been using it for a while and I'm quite fond of it. :lol:

Thank you for the welcome. :D

It was the block of text, with numerous one word links that made me think "spam". If you stick around long enough, you will see why :wink:

#17 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

word links that made me think "spam". If you stick around long enough, you will see why :wink:

I had that thought at first sight too. A lot of the spam posts recently have been paragraphs with a lot of links to sites for buying things.

Glad to see we have another de-lurking user.

Welcome aboard, Anonomuss!

#18 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hey Muss, welcome to the site, as a prior-lurker myself it's great to see people stepping out of the shadows. :D

That Trapper Archtype is really cool actually. At higher levels it kinda turns into Green Arrow. Hal might have already finished statting up the fighter, but that definately would be an awesome choice for the skill monkey/ combatant role we're trying to fill.

Also, Hal, on the video cast side of things, there might be something we can do to try increase viewership. A video several hours long might be daunting, but a Video Game 'Let's Play' channel I subscribe to does highlights, little videos that are exerts from the main longer series and are under two minutes. They empasize particularly funny or intense moments from the longer videos that act as promotions and teasers and such. If we get comments like 'that part where they sang spider-gnome was funny' or 'Lindsay rolling a 5 for stats, so funny' then we can go back and just make little snippets videos.

In case you can't tell, I'm really excited about the videocast possibilities of YouTube. :P

I like the trapper too but I was looking at some kind of additional meat for the party as well and an archer is going to be stood at the back with Thing :)

Snippets is a good idea but there is a little work involved. Mostly in identifying what should be snipped and included. After that it is a pretty fast process to be honest :)

#19 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

Snippets is a good idea but there is a little work involved. Mostly in identifying what should be snipped and included. After that it is a pretty fast process to be honest :)

We shall have to rely on our awesome listeners to tell us what to Snippet then :P

So guys, any highlight quality material from the character gen session?

#20 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

We shall have to rely on our awesome listeners to tell us what to Snippet then :P

So guys, any highlight quality material from the character gen session?

I think I added a bit of quality by staying quiet a lot, although that doesn't make good snippets ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge