• Create Account
DriveThruRPG.com
Photo

Out of the BAG - Super-Secret Sneak Peek!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ross, a bunch of hyperactive teenagers, and several fistfuls of dice walk into a living room...

Does that sound like the beginning of a joke? Well, it's not! Ross "The Nimbic" McSillybugger has decided to GM a game for a bunch of neophyte gamers and record it for our listening pleasure, and what the BAGuettes lack in experience, they most certainly make up for in sheer unadulturated energy. Ross even turns out to be a competent GM and herder of cats. :-)
Allow me to introduce the newcomers, who seem oddly reminiscent of their senior counterparts:

Kai (AKA Mini-Ross): The Son of Nimbic, this fine young gentleman has an even shorter attention span than his (in)famous father, but compensates by cranking the randomly-violent-silliness-meter up to 11.

Max (AKA Mini-Steve): This dude will be familiar to people who have listened to the previous recordings from the BAG Junior Division (Patron exclusive, so dig through your pillowcases and couches for £5, if you want to hear it). Youngest scion of a long line (well, a lineage of one person, i.e. his dad, Steve D) of Rock'n'Roll GMs, Mr Max seems to have inherited his dad's rules acumen - yet he has decided to ally himself with Kai the Nimbic Jr.
This can only end badly...

Emma (AKA Mini-Tina): Frankly, I have no idea if she's related to Tina by blood, but she certainly possesses much of the same spirit! Anyone who's attended public school will have learned a vital life lesson: Girls Don't Fight Fair - and Emma's well-placed kidney punches are the only attitude adjustments that can keep Kai in check.

Dylan (AKA The Quiet Guy): Perhaps it would be more accurate to call him The Less-Noisy-Than-The-Other-Three-Calamities Guy. He could easily turn into a Mini-Alec or a Mini-Wayne, or he might even be a person all his own, that overbearing twats like me can't label with such flippant ease; only time will tell. :)

Also, I've never heard roleplayers sing quite so much and so readily as this lot - to paraphrase Emma: "The thing I'll remember most from this episode, is when we were all standing on our chairs singing: Dooo the crowbar dance! Dooo the crowbar dance!"
There's a very real chance we might get a musical episode from these people - I'll certainly bet you dollars to donuts that if somebody writes a fan-FILK about Kai's cat-man ninja character (Robin the Invisibilist - spelling optional, I would imagine ;)), Kai would be prepared to stand proud & sing it loud, on audio. :P

Posted Image

Okay, enough chinwaggin', go listen to the audio samples already (Click the image above, please). If you'll excuse me, I've got to find my metronome - the FILKing muse beckons! :D

#2 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

BOOOOOO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have 5 (ish) episodes in the can so far, shuld have them edited and toped/taild by the end of the week.

just nead the all clear and passwords from the big man so i can up load :-)

#3 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sounds fun! Up through "edited and" I was suspecting an imposter, but then the spelling returned to usual.

#4 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

My excitement can barely be contained. :D

#5 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

its bean REALY fun to run. hoping to get it up son :-)

#6 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

ok
4 episodes of sunderd skys + carictor jen are edited, introed and ready to upload :-)

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

hoping to get it up soon :-)

*Snigger* :lol:

#8 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

7 eisodes ready to go now :-(

#9 MonkeyMage

MonkeyMage

Toad

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationHartford, Michigan

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Are these up yet, or are we still waiting?

#10 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hal made noises about clearing the valt sometime soon so keap yer fingers crossed

#11 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Awww, I just listened to the sample. They are adorable and it sounds like they are having immense fun!

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

They haven’t made it to the Patrons’ area yet either, if that’s any consolation; though Hal may be planning to go straight to a public release.

Ross? With your permission, sir, I could upload one of the episodes on YouTube (maybe #1 or #0, character creation) in full length as an additional appetizer for people, until Hal has time to get them out as a podcast – similar to what Hal & the RPGMP3 Pros are doing on their video feed, but with just a static image.

#13 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Tiz fine by me :-), use ep 1 rather than 0 , it's more fun

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

Out of the BAG – Sundered Skies Episode 1 can now be heard in full, simply by clicking this link.
(Apologies for the shitty video quality, YouTube isn’t happy with >150 MB files, apparently - if there's any problems with sound quality on your end, as well, let me know) :(

#15 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Thank you Mr. Monkey I can't wait for Hal to clear out the vaults. Maybe this weekend.

#16 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

I may have to start giving out invertashons to the drop box I keap the files in :-)

pm me you're email address if you are interested :-)

#17 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

I now have 3 listeners :-) yay!

#18 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

I actually missed this until just now, but the idea of Ross herding a bunch of kids sounds like a TV special. I love it.

#19 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

It's ace fun :-)
Monday afternoons are one of the higlites of my week :-)

#20 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Are you still recording these pulse-pounding adventures, sir? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge