• 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Jade Regent continues...

Pathfinder: Jade Regent Session 12

Filesize: 109MB

Episode 12: Plot Bomb

After the return of margaritas, the party now finds very little resistance in searching the rest of the castle and finally locate the Kaijitsu Legacy, and learn much more than they expected to learn. The night is concluded with a casual review of 'The Brinewall Legacy' Module.

Featuring:
Carter as the GM
Aimee as Storm Blackfire, Half-Elf Barbarian
Brian as Harold Shinken, Half-Elf Cleric
Brad as Ash Lonechild, Human Summoner, with Misty the Eidolon

Intro music provided by www.danosongs.com

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hooray! More YGG content! Thanks, Hal. Thanks, YGGsters.

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Ah, another satisfied listener, does the old editing morale good. Thank you for listening Bodhranist! Let us know your favourite parts, even if those are the silly times when we're just goofing around instead of playing! :D

#4 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

Heya. The last few Jade Regent sessions seem to really hate Nero Showtime. They have this thing where, every 30-45 minutes, they'll go silent and the timer will continue counting and then they'll just stop. Now grabbing the little dooby thing on the slider bar and jiggling or nudging it slightly to adjust the position in the recording will fix this.

Annoyingly this always seems to kick in during the last few seconds of the intro or within 5 minutes of it. And then the frequency of the occurrence seems pretty random from thereon in. Listening to a session the same time shows that these odd pause/breaks that stop playing unless you skip forwards a few seconds, are in the recordings and are at the same points on repeated listen throughs.

Whatever the problem is it seems to be solved in session 13 (in the Patron's area). So it's just sessions 8-12 (and maybe session 7) that suffer from this problem.

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

That is very interesting, and I'm not quite sure what the problem could be. I haven't changed anything as far as the editing process goes. You've only noticed it with the community files of sessions 7-12? It could possibly be a small corruption that occurred during uploading, I'll have to give a listen to the site versions and see if I notice it.

I don't suppose you have a couple specific time zones where this problem occurs?

#6 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Only noticed it with the patrons versions of those sessions. I could check the public ones to see if they're problem free if you'd like. Additionaly I'm tempted to offer to paint some miniatures for you guys so you can have ones that suit your characters :).

#7 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Okay, I'll download a copy of one of those files from the site and listen through for 30 or so minutes to see if it goes funky. I don't use Nero Showtime though, have you noticed this problem with other programs? I'm going to be listening to them with Winamp. I figure if it's a problem with the files, something should pop up regardless of the program afterall. I'm hoping it's just a small corruption that occurred somewhere between uploading and downloading of the file.

If this is something specific that only pops up in Nero Showtime...I don't know what to do! I'm not nearly techsavvy enough to identify what part of my editing process could cause something like that. ;-;

And Minis painted by Balgin? We're not worthy, we're not worthy! :P

#8 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Okay, so, I've listened to over 50 minutes of the Patron version of Session 10, downloaded from the site and no problems so I can only reach the following conclusions:

1. There was an error or corruption when you downloaded the file, try downloading a new version maybe?
2. There is something about Nero Showtime that just doesn't like the audio, and I have no clue how I would go about making a more compatible version.
3. Computers hate you and decide that causing errors while listening to YGG audio is the most effective way of showing this.

So, sorry but I don't know if there's anything I can do to help. If anyone else has had any issues with YGG audio, please let me know cause that might help figure out if there is anything I can do about this.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

And Minis painted by Balgin? We're not worthy, we're not worthy! :P

That would be cool! Remember to post tons of photos of them when they're done, plus more photos when Lockhart puts them into action. :)

Here's a good fig for Misty, now that they're heading into the Northern Lands: http://www.reapermin... ... 426_p_1_af

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge