#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

More excellent oriental adventures with Yorkton...

Pathfinder: Jade Regent Session 10

Filesize: 96MB

Episode 10: Approach as many doors as possible!

After some tabletop banter, the YGGuildies get down to business and return to Brinewall castle to clear out its denizens and find the legacy of the Kaijitsu family. This includes bashing doors in, using doors.

Featuring:
Carter as the GM
Aimee as Storm Blackfire, Half-Elf Barbarian
Brian as Harold Shinken, Half-Elf Cleric
Brad as Ash Lonechild, Human Summoner, with Misty the Eidolon

Intro music provided by www.danosongs.com

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Just relistened to this for maybe the 3rd time, lots of golden moments in this episode.

Aimee's barbarian character should've kept using the battlecry that Brian suggested: "WILL IT BLEND?!" :lol:

Ogre-Hawk-Spider-Love? Sounds like the kind of 80s rock band that would do Lynnyrd Skynnyrd and Meatloaf cover albums.

Any chance that a cadre of French froglin-goblins might appear in one of your Shattered Star games, so you can wow the Halpins with your excellent Kermit impersonation, Lockhart?

BTW, did Aimee pick a picture for her barbarian's tramp stamp? The tiny half-elf waif with the humungous sword got ink, whattaya know.

When the players looted the +1 cold iron morning star, you described it as being "unusually cold to the touch", since it was made of cold iron. That's not necessarily true, though; cold iron is more of a medieval slang term, that bards used to make their poetry sound more bad-ass. It was often used to describe regular iron, which is nice and confusing, and sometimes it's interpreted as meaning "iron that was forged cold", however that might work. A blacksmith with an adamantium hammer and 25+ Str, maybe?
Then again, you're the GM - if you rule that cold iron has a lower ambient temperature than regular lumps of iron, then that's just the way it is.

You guys sounded quite alarmed to learn that your refreshing beverages contained malic acid - as well you should!
The word malic (from the latin malus = apple, derived from a greek word for fruits that is related to 'melon', as well) means that it was first extracted from apples, but it's fairly ubiquituos in fruit, veggies and any living organisms, really. However, the latin word malus also meant EEEVIL, so malic acid = evil acid. :twisted: In fact, the Romans used malus as an expletive, kinda like saying "Curses!" or "Damn it!".

Right, Preachy-Monkey is tired and wants bananas now. More Jade Regent soon, perchance? (Good luck stopping Aimee from strangling the others when they start their inevitable onslaught of goofy "You're making Storm hungry - you won't like Storm when she's hungry! Storm HUNNNGRY!" jokes)

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hmmm, I think they've passed the goblin part in Shattered Star but... There is an appropriate point in book two for a Kermit impression. Or just the French accent.

I think we've decided that her tattoo is a sort've tribal looking butterfly or something... I could be wrong, but I think we went for that and called it a blessing of Desna. You should ask her on twitter though perhaps.

Yes, RL cold iron is just normal iron forged at colder temperatures, but in D&D it's also a special iron mined deep from the earth that is somehow different from regular iron, so I have it as slightly colder to the touch to reflect this difference.

More Jade Regent soon (I just need to record a monologue for a portion of session 19 that was tampered with by audio fairies). No jokes yet about the third book title, I'm sure they will happen though. In the mean time Ameiko has been crafting songs for those foolish PCs that dare chose to have a rivalry relationship with her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge