Some more lovely WFRP

WFRP: The Secrets Stones Tell Session 04

Filesize: 82MB

Balgin: Gamesmaster
Alex: Rickhardt "Rick Danger" Willhelm - human agitator
Jessamyn: Hannah Jotundottir- human servant & spy
Paul: Argrim Fellhammer - Dwarven Message runner
Stefan: Sigurd Fellhammer (no relation) - human Bright Wizard

Our heroic individuals do all the investigative stuff they could have done in sessions 2 and 3 and finaly face their true foe in this, the exciting culmination to the adventure.

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Thank you Mr. Hal and Pantsless Gamers!

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Ooh, we get an entire story arc served up in one fell swoop? Direct to community? Awesome! Thank you Hal and Pantsies. :)

#4 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

Ooh, we get an entire story arc served up in one fell swoop?

Yes. Yes you do :). Since it's a short one (at only four sesisons) and because we're trying to bust our backlog a bit we thought we'd release it all in one go as a nice little present for the community.

I really should get around to writing down this adventure propperly. My entire notes for it still consist of both sides of an envelope and a single sheet of paper with a list of names on it reminding me of who's who. I know it's all there in my head but I've asked countless people if they think it's good enough to write up for others to enjoy and the unanimous response has been enthusiastic.

So I should probably get around to it sometime then...... :oops:

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

Ooh, we get an entire story arc served up in one fell swoop?

Yes. Yes you do :). Since it's a short one (at only four sesisons) and because we're trying to bust our backlog a bit we thought we'd release it all in one go as a nice little present for the community.

I really should get around to writing down this adventure propperly. My entire notes for it still consist of both sides of an envelope and a single sheet of paper with a list of names on it reminding me of who's who. I know it's all there in my head but I've asked countless people if they think it's good enough to write up for others to enjoy and the unanimous response has been enthusiastic.

So I should probably get around to it sometime then...... :oops:

You could get the players to write up their characters as pre-genned PCs that could accompany the adventure. That way, people could download the scenario as a .pdf-file, ready to be printed and run at a convention or as a one-off introductory WFRP game (assuming session 1 is a character generation session, since the episode synopses seem to indicate the action only picks up in session 2 - also, the notes for session 4 imply that your players shoulda gotten thru the plot by then :)).

Who knows, someone might even draw you a bushel of illustrations for your adventure. ;)

#6 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well the original pregens I had were....

a halfling gambler
a human woodsman
a dwarven debt collector (bailiff)
a human manservant
an estalian human grave robber

and a few others.

assuming session 1 is a character generation session

It's not. These characters actualy have a previous adventure under their belt. I did include an optional encounter in the first session. The ransacked tomb in the hill is an optional encounter as is the minotaur I didn't use later on. That, combined with the fact that I hadn't refreshed my memory regarding the scenario for about four months, means we didn't get quite as much done in the first session as we might've done but we all had fun nontheless.

also, the notes for session 4 imply that your players shoulda gotten thru the plot by then

Well they kind of went off on a wild goose chase in session two, blundered into some late game/end game stuff in session 3 and did the adventure backwards :). Then in session 4 they did all teh investigative stuff that could've forewarned them about the stuff in session 2 and realised what they needed to do in session 4.

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

You mean the huge undead spiky Chaos Knight was a red herring?! 8O He was the right color for it, at least - rusty blood red. :)

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

You mean the huge undead spiky Chaos Knight was a red herring?! 8O He was the right color for it, at least - rusty blood red. :)

Not at all. The hand he had is a vital part of what happens in session 4. He was actualy statted as a simple wight. No chaos extra stuff. That way it's easier for convention play to just use the stat block as is. Just say the rusty battered old armour's less than perefct and use the wight's very dangerous sword to represent his old tarnished blade.

It's just that every other time I've run it people investigated the body snatching, then asked around town, saw the painting, gathered clues, then ehaded to the ruined tower on the hill. This time the party got lost in the woods at night, ended up at the tower, found the undead knight, got the hand, then spent a session working out what it all meant before arriving at the final encounter :).

I'm not sure they entirely uncovered how he got the hand in the first place. it was a trophy from a victory many centuries ago. Wood elves then found his vanquished foe, weakened by the lack of a hand, and imprisoned her in the standing stone. However since the stone became damaged recently, and the locals practicaly worshipped it, she had begun to gain strength, calling out to nearby monsters to come and worship her.

Yeah. Come to think of it I really should be writing this down :P.

#9 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

I remember being confused as to which guy was the big bad at the end. He confused the villanous henchmen for the mastermind. Seems amusing in hindsight how my character, Rick was trying to be all heroic and he can't even keep track of who is who.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge