#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Pantsless Gamers cheekily circumvent the Patrons area and land on the Main site... I am too soft... I should delete these and make them upload to Patrons... what do you think? :)

WFRP: The Secrets Stones Tell Session 01

Filesize: 120MB

Balgin: Gamesmaster
Alex: Rickhardt "Rick Danger" Willhelm - human agitator
Jessamyn: Hannah Jotundottir- human servant & spy
Fellhammer - Dwarven Message runner
Stefan: Sigurd Fellhammer (no relation) - human Bright Wizard

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thank you Mr. Hal and Pantsless Gamers!

And, am I reading that right? Warhammer?

#3 Vaeron

Vaeron

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Ah, Warhammer. Good... good... *rubs hands*

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Yay, the Pantsfree gamers are back, and they're going commando in the Old World. :D Thank you Hal & Pantsies.

#5 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Yay, the Pantsfree gamers are back, and they're going commando in the Old World. :D Thank you Hal & Pantsies.

Saves on the laundry bill when Grandfather Nurgle blesses you with the Galloping Trots....

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

Saves on the laundry bill when Grandfather Nurgle blesses you with the Galloping Trots....

"We've got an ICBD, and we're not afraid to use it!"
"You've got a what?!"
"ICBD: Intercontinental Ballistic Dwarf - Fire!"
*Loud, wet farting noise*

#7 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

At about an hour in, there is talk about how one of the characters has a club, because who will arrest you for having a club? A sword, yes, but a club?

One of the instruments I had the opportunity to play in college was the shakuhachi, a bamboo flute about 55 centimeters in length. It was exclusively played by monks who were allowed to travel around feudal Japan. These monks were given the right to travel the countryside as their sect had a strong tradition of pilgrimage. Some of the monks, however, were spies for the shogunate, and others were ronin who pretended to be monks for various reasons.

And of course, carrying a weapon or sword was forbidden to most, but this, oh, this is but a simple bamboo flute! Never mind that it is almost 2 feet in length and I could club you with it…

#8 Albax11

Albax11

Goblin

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

"ICBD: Intercontinental Ballistic Dwarf - Fire!"
*Loud, wet farting noise*

Sounds more like an Incontinent Ballistic Dwarf.

#9 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

At about an hour in, there is talk about how one of the characters has a club, because who will arrest you for having a club? A sword, yes, but a club?

One of the instruments I had the opportunity to play in college was the shakuhachi, a bamboo flute about 55 centimeters in length. It was exclusively played by monks who were allowed to travel around feudal Japan. These monks were given the right to travel the countryside as their sect had a strong tradition of pilgrimage. Some of the monks, however, were spies for the shogunate, and others were ronin who pretended to be monks for various reasons.

And of course, carrying a weapon or sword was forbidden to most, but this, oh, this is but a simple bamboo flute! Never mind that it is almost 2 feet in length and I could club you with it…

My father has been known to play a shakuhachi flute upon occassion. When I was about four years old he told me that it was called a shakuhachi flute that used to be played by these big Chinese men who wore baskets on their heads and they were spies. And if they had to they could use the flute as a club because it was big and tough enough. Of course as a child I imagined the basket as being something like a lobster pot that automaticaly covered their face and wondered how they could see anything.

#10 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image
INVADERS FROM MARS -- Basket Headed Creatures Invade Old Japan by Okinawa Soba, on Flickr

#11 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yep. I seem to remember him saying "baskets on their heads so you can't see their face". You know he's still got one or two shakuhachi flutes (among all the other insrtuments in our household). Oh for the joy of multiculturalism eh? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge