• Create Account
DriveThruRPG.com
Photo

I had a dream...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: What does Gilbert's dream mean? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

What does Gilbert's dream mean?

1. He needs to stop watching scary movies before bed (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. That's the last time he should mix week-old milk and Bailey's for a nightcap (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Something wicked this way comes... (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image

So, I had a dream last night. It was weird. Hal, Lindsay and I were sitting around a table . The table was covered in tons of food, like a medieval feast. We were all dressed in high Mannerism finery; well, from the table up at least. I never looked under the table, so I have no idea if Hal had on tights. :wink:

The conversation went something like this...

Lindsay: "Mor'kil! How are thee?"
Gilbert : "Lindsay, it's Gilbert, not Mor'kil. And, I am fine; although, I have no idea why I am dressed like a dark ages fashionista.
Hal: "WELCOME GAMERS!"
Gilbert: "Hal, why are you yelling, it's just us? What are you writing? Is that your will?
Lindsay: "Eat up Mor'kil! The reaper will be here soon!"
Hal: "PASS THE HONEY MADE BY THE ROYAL BEE!!"
Lindsay: "No sweets for you Hal! Not until the elves have finished playing!"
Gilbert: "Guys, what's going on? I feel that something is a..."
Hal: "FAIR MOR'KIL! THE REAPER CHALLENGES YOU TO A GAME!"
Gilbert: "Hal, that's not a reaper. That's Pencil-Monkey dressed as a jester; frankly, that's not what I was thinking of."
Lindsay: Hal, Mor'kil, would either of you care for another roll?"
Hal: "OH YES MASTER!"

Then I woke up. Weird, right? Do any of you know what it could mean?

G :D

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Fun story: When our high school yearbook photo was taken, everyone in my class was dressed up as cub scouts, except for me - I was the Grim Reaper. :)

And it just so happens that I'm a trained Freudian dream-analyst! See, the table in your dream represents a man's penis, and Hal represents another penis - a large one, which is why he's shouting, and the food on the table represents a vast number of penisesses. Now, what do you think the "royal bee" represents? Exactly, not a penis. Bee = B = butthole, ergo "the honey from the royal bee" represents a craving for...
'Scuse me, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. 8O

Alright, maybe your dream just means you're suffering from RPGWS: roleplaying withdrawal syndrome. Take two hours of D&D and call again tomorrow.
Either that, or Hal has started to incept your dreams to use your subconscious as a LARP dungeon.

#3 Ashiruni

Ashiruni

Kobold

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

I don't think I'd put it past Hal to slip a little bit of subconscious warfare into the picture either. I mean, look at Lindsay. When she first started she was feisty and finicky and didn't really want to play. Now she's feisty and finicky and actually enjoys the roleplay (even if she does complain every now and then). Considering her personality, either Hal has gained some really potent mind control powers to wear down her resistance, or she's using it to her advantage on some other front...

It may well be, Gilbert, that Hal, the almighty dungeon master, has just turned this potent device upon you and set the save DC high enough that you couldn't make the will save.

#4 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

I dunno guys...
It feels like there is some kind of hidden meaning to it. Like a message from beyond. Oh well, I'll figure it out in the end. :wink:

When our high school yearbook photo was taken, everyone in my class was dressed up as cub scouts, except for me - I was the Grim Reaper.

I DEMAND PROOF! :wink:

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Define 'week-old' milk, cause you got weak milk if it expires after only a week.

#6 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Define 'week-old' milk, cause you got weak milk if it expires after only a week.

It might be a perspective thing because at my place, milk gets tossed after 3 days. Past that, I'm convinced that there are little udder bugs floating in it and the carton is no longer welcome in my abode.

#7 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

utter bugs or udder bugs?

What if it's almond milk? Or soy milk?

#8 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

utter bugs or udder bugs? What if it's almond milk? Or soy milk?

Thanks for the catch Melk! My only excuse is that I had people outside my office who were chatting loudly. I thought about telling them to piss of, but one of them signs my paycheck.

For the record, I am UTTERLY disgusted by UDDER bugs. LOL

I have never tried almond milk, but soy does funny things to my tummy. As much as I come off as a cast iron bitch, I have a delicate constitution. :D

#9 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Is this about that thing we mentioned, when we were doing that thing the other day? With the thing?

:twisted:

(not to be mistaken for "Thing")

:twisted:

#10 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Is this about that thing we mentioned, when we were doing that thing the other day? With the thing?

Maybe, but, it could have been the other thing too. Frankly, we were slapped with several things that day. It was hard to take them all in. :wink:

#11 Tobias

Tobias

Raven

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

... I have no idea why I am dressed like a dark ages fashionista.

Hal and Lindsay are making you LARP??? 8O

Dear God! Have they no shame?!?!

#12 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hal and Lindsay are making you LARP??? 8O Dear God! Have they no shame?!?!

YEAH! Tobias! Just where have you been hiding mister!? LOL :wink:

I draw the line at LARP. Can you imagine a real life Mor'kil running around all of those innocent, tights-wearing elves? :wink:

#13 Tobias

Tobias

Raven

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

I draw the line at LARP. Can you imagine a real life Mor'kil running around all of those innocent, tights-wearing elves? :wink:

Sigh... and my wife keeps wondering why I ran out of brain bleach a few months ago.

Things have been pretty busy I'm afraid. Between classes and my work placement for school, I've had a pretty busy time. But now the work term are over, as are mid-terms, and I have a week or two before the final push and finishing off my program so I figured I'd spend that time catching up on this.

Glad to see that everyone is well and that Lindsay is feeling better.

#14 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Sigh... and my wife keeps wondering why I ran out of brain bleach a few months ago.

I told you to start buying the bulk packs at Costco!

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I told you to start buying the bulk packs at Cosco!

Wow, when you guys go shopping for bulk discounts, you don't mess around - rather than buying bleach at Costco, you order it from a Chinese shipping firm? ;)

#16 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Wow, when you guys go shopping for bulk discounts, you don't mess around - rather than buying bleach at Costco, you order it from a Chinese shipping firm? ;)

You know I don't mess around when it comes to cleaning supplies. Ask Lindsay how many Clorox wipes I go through when we are sitting at the gaming table. At one point, I just started taking my own.
Don't even get me started about hand sanitizer.

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Let's face it, there's only one way Hal will ever get Gilbert back to the gaming table, and it ain't pretty. :)

#18 Baie052

Baie052

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

I will buy as as possible

#19 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

Forum of Shame? :gtfo: :spam:

#20 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Let's face it, there's only one way Hal will ever get Gilbert back to the gaming table, and it ain't pretty. :)

How the hell did i miss this??

Me, singing (ish) on YouTube?

Shame on you, Pencil Monkey.. :punish:

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge