• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Per Lockhart's request, this thread will serve as a dumping ground for the always intriguing conversations Lockhart, Pencil-Monkey and Morkirocks have while we are UNINTENTIONALLY thread-jacking.
I don't know how the three of us always seem to end up together... call it fate, call it glue, call it on the count of rain. Who cares? It's fun!

To start out, I'll pose a question that we can all answer or ignore, then Pencil and Lockers can pose a question that whichever of us didn't ask, can answer and so on and so forth in that manner until we get bored or I run out of vodka.

Feel free to throw in your two cents worth of questions and because I'm involved, there's no way you have to keep it clean, but remember, those of you who wear your heart on your sleeve can't complain when a zombie eats it! OM NOM NOM!!!

Everyone knows when I popped my RPG cherry and if you don't, see this thread:
http://www.rpgmp3.co...iewtopic&t=4796...

Soooooo....

Carter, Fuzzy...

What was the first RPG you ever played and what type of character did you create?

EDIT: Also, if you guys want to ask me a random question, feel free.

G :D

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

"Huggy, Fuzzy & Green"? Jeeze, if you're gonna turn this into an eighties cop show, why not aim even lower and call it: "Locksy, Cocksy & Ooks"? ;)

What was the first RPG you ever played and what type of character did you create?

My sister introduced me to gaming at a young age, and I never fully recovered. ;) We played tons of fantasy RPG stuff, I can't remember what all the characters were.
Also, the "Follow Your Own Adventure Path" books, Fighting Fantasy and Grimwulf etc., good times - whenever I smell leather, I still get flashbacks to the humongous dice rolling cup I had for those adventures. :D

Later, there was a migration from one gaming group to another; one of my early characters was a 2. edition AD&D halfling thief with a gazillion language skills, because I had misunderstood the rules non-weapon proficiencies and thought: "Oh, there's a list of languages here - I probably get ALL of them!". The DM never discovered it, and the party hired me as an interpreter for their quote unquote 'merchant caravan'. :)
We found a deserted town and explored, encountered some goblins that had taken over the saloon and attacked - I managed to make myself even less useful than a normal 1st-level halfling thief by deciding that: "No, I don't want to try and sneak up behind a goblin and backstab him. It would be much cinematic and cool if I play it out like a real movie barfight! I'm gonna grab a tankard and throw it at the goblin! ...Okay, it missed, umm... I'll take a chair and break off the leg, so I look crazy and intimidating! *HRNGH!* Just a sec, guys, I think it's starting to yield, even with my Strength of 8, it's gotta crack eventually - wait, guys? Don't leave me alone with the goblins! Guys?! Heeelp!"

Ah, good times. :D

Okay, my question for Locksy & Cocksy... I'm not gonna go with "What does the smell of leather make you think of?", coz I can vividly imagine what Cocksy's gonna say.

How about: "If you could be a Ninja Turtle, which flavor would you prefer to be - and why?" (e.g. Donatello, Michelangelo, Pistachio, Rocky Road)

#3 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

"Huggy, Fuzzy & Green"? Jeeze, if you're gonna turn this into an eighties cop show, why not aim even lower and call it: "Locksy, Cocksy & Ooks"? ;)

Well, in all fairness "BJ and the Bear" was already taken :wink:

... I'm not gonna go with "What does the smell of leather make you think of?", coz I can vividly imagine what Cocksy's gonna say.

I'll answer it anyway because it's not what you think. When I think of leather, I think of this divine, green suede jacket that was the first leather article of clothing I ever owned. It was awesome! It was a bit like an Eisenhower/ Member's Only Jacket with tons of snaps and and a zipper down the front. Much to PM's dismay, I really don't like leather all that much; I have only owned a couple of outerwear pieces. It's a pain to sew and it doesn't look good on everyone.

How about: "If you could be a Ninja Turtle, which flavor would you prefer to be - and why?" (e.g. Donatello, Michelangelo, Pistachio, Rocky Road)

GAMERA! Seiously! He can level a city and breathe underwater! Sure he is a side-stepped, B movie relic, but come on, who wouldn't want to be a giant flying turtle? But, if you seek clarity in the TMNT area, I'd be Raphael. I tend to not think too much about doing things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's gotten me into a few trouble spots in my life, but ultimately it's about the journey rather than the destination. Raph always learned a lesson in the end. Frankly, I think he was really just misunderstood. Aww...

I'll let Carter ask the next question...

#4 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I think the reason we get into the odd conversations we do is that we're all really bored and want to have the last word in threads. Or something like that. Anyway, questions that need answering!

First RPG I played was D&D 3.5. First character I played was a gnome sorcerer. I was just sitting in on a regular game, was an immature teenager that was shown some patience by those sitting around the table. I spammed magic missiles as the party was assaulted by hill giants throwing stones at us, then cowered in absolute fear as we met with a full grown adult red dragon. Nearly died to a spiked pit trap.

First character I made was a human fighter named Ragnar. I still have the sheet somewhere probably. Best story with him was when he was chosen as a teddy bear by a baby stone giant that we had rescued from a circus and was taking to a proper foster home. The little baby wouldn't stop crying until the fighter let himself be cuddled.

The smell of leather...You know, I've always considered myself to have a very poor sense of smell, and even though it's supposed to be very memory tied, for me there are few instances of that. Nothing in particular comes to mind. Though I do look good with leather jackets.

As for teenage turtles, Leonardo. He's the calm headed leader, I can relate to that feeling. Also dual-wielding katanas is cool.

And my question? You guys shouldn't wait for me questions wise, I suck at asking questions.

What are your guilty pleasures? Things you enjoy very much but are loathe or a bit embarrassed to admit, or at the very least seem otherwise odd for you to enjoy. Pretty sure my own guilty pleasures are pretty well known, but My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Really really enjoy it, and this season has been awesome. Second is the Pokemon Adventures manga series. I get such a nostalgia hit from this series, and it's times and away above from what the anime was. I wish the games had the awesome story of this series.

There may also be a complete DVD collection of the Gilmore Girls on my shelf...but if I haven't actually finished watching it, it doesn't count right?

#5 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Oh Lock-n-load, ask whatever you want whenever you want. This thread is less about stuffy rules as it is about just having fun. No pressure!

Now, as far as guilty pleasures go, I'm doing it as I type this. It's something that I'm not proud of, but needs to be addressed.
I LOVE WATCHING THE ORIGINAL YU-GI-OH ANIME!!!
I have no desire to ever play the card game, but there is something about the heart of the cards schlock that gets me every time. The next time the Fash Gamers ever record audio, I'll do my Seto Kaiba and Yu-gi sex scene for you guys. It's pretty awesome!

#6 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

When Yuugi uses the Heart of the Cards, it means... he's cheating. :P

#7 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

When Yuugi uses the Heart of the Cards, it means... he's cheating. :P

RIGHT! The Pharoh does all of Yugi's battling. Yugi only plays as himself in like maybe two battles. One of which is when he defeats the Pharoh in one of the last episodes of the series. :D

#8 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Oh hey I forgot to ask a question. So...

Carter, Furball,
If you could be an article of clothing that belongs to a celebrity (living, dead or zombie) what piece of clothing would you be and why.

I'd want to be John Cena's jockstrap, for obvious reasons, but mainly because when he needs it, I'd be there for support. :wink: If I can pick two, I'd also like to be Fox Mulder's red Speedo from the X Files... again, for obvious reasons :wink:

#9 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Well I would be Posted Image
Gareth Thomas's sheets so I could touch him everywhere LOL

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

You know, I didn't think that I'd be able to come up with an answer for this because I have very low celebrity worship and an even lower desire to be an inanimate piece of clothing. But a thought came to me. I'd go with Terry Pratchett's hat.

#11 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

But a thought came to me. I'd go with Terry Pratchett's hat.

It's a very good hat to be! I'm always intrigued by any person who can adopt and stick with a signature accessory.

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

If I had to be an article of clothing, I might pick the Sorting Hat at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wise-Assery. It has at least rudimentary sentience, as opposed to mundane Muggle garb; I'd only have to work one day a year - and the job consists of spouting doggerel and frightening little kiddies. Easy-peasy. :)

What are your guilty pleasures? Things you enjoy very much but are loathe or a bit embarrassed to admit, or at the very least seem otherwise odd for you to enjoy.

Say, Mor'kil: did I remember to thank you for starting this thread in the public area, where people don't even have to pay to watch us sing Kumbayah and circle-jerk?
Thank you, that was such a great idea. :P

NEW QUESTION: What's the biggest and/or scariest creature you've killed in real life? (So, ever gone on a hunting trip? Cooked a lobster? Accidentally sat down on a black widow?)

Gory spoilers: My biggest kill was one of the most stereotypical 1st-level encounters: a brown rat. It was woozy and presumably bleeding internally from eating poison, so I put it out of its misery with a broomstick to the spine.

#13 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Say, Mor'kil: did I remember to thank you for starting this thread in the public area, where people don't even have to pay to watch us sing Kumbayah and circle-jerk?
Thank you, that was such a great idea. :P

You make it seem like it's the fist time I've been caught singing in a circle-jerk in public. :wink:

NEW QUESTION: What's the biggest and/or scariest creature you've killed in real life? (So, ever gone on a hunting trip? Cooked a lobster? Accidentally sat down on a black widow?)

I almost killed a soda can the first time I fired a gun. And by "almost" I mean the bullet flew about six feet away from it.
I can honestly say that I haven't killed anything larger than a cockroach. Here in Texas, they get as big as rats, but it's still a manageable murder.

Danish, Canadian...

You've just been drafted to the X-men. What is you mutant power?

I would have to go with telekinesis. I think it would be awesome to lift a bulldozer with my mind. Idealistically, I'd have the dual psionic potential of Jean Grey. Then I could read your mind while I threw you up against a wall. Also, I think Cyclops is kina hot. :wink:

#14 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

You know, I don't think I've ended anything larger than an insect or arachnid. I know I've been present when butchering chickens at the family farm...actually now that I think about it, I think I did butcher one, or at least struck the first blow with the axe.

X-men powers... I'm totally stealing this from a web comic, but teleportation, while being able to leave a copy of yourself behind, and having connected mental capacity between all the copies. Teleportation is cool enough, but the clone/hive mind thing is something i'd really think would be awesome to have. That's mostly because i think having one clone work, one be prepping for rpgs, one playing video gakes, and another watching tv is the sorta multitasking I'd love to do :P. Not to mention having a corps of them that just get educated in everything in universities, and more taking up additional jobs as money requires...I mqy have thought about this too much.

It might not be too practical to fight supervillains, but i think it'd be x-men worthy.

New question: what movie has the most quote-worthy dialogue?

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

You've just been drafted to the X-men. What is you mutant power?

I would have to go with telekinesis. I think it would be awesome to lift a bulldozer with my mind. Idealistically, I'd have the dual psionic potential of Jean Grey. Then I could read your mind while I threw you up against a wall. Also, I think Cyclops is kina hot. ;)

I thought Cyke was getting his skinny white box poked by Emma Frost these days?

Alright, mutant power: Flight. 'Nuff said.
Actually, any power that comes with the ability to fly is fine by me, although Rogue probably got the most useful power of all: "Oh, that guy over there has a really neat power - I'll just take that, thank you." :D

I've advertised this before, but watching the first Twilight movie (or reading the book) becomes a real hoot if you've listened to the audio book version that Shaggy Shan is working on. He tries to maintain a very snarky and ironic distance from it, but I doubt he would put so much effort into the podcast if he wasn't enjoying it, at some level - he adds sound effects and ofttimes comments the action in the book, and it's a tremendous pleasure to hear him wander off on one ridiculous tangent after another. For instance, when Edward arrives in his shiny silver Toyota to save Bella from a gang of hoodlums, Mr Shenanigans put the theme music from Tim Burton's old Batman movies in the background; and when Shaggy took a disliking to one of the girls in Bella's school, he made farting noises whenever she walked into the story.
It all stays at roughly that level of maturity, but it's never over the top, and Shaggy varies his tricks enough that you'll never tire of listening to his bullshit.
Check out the first and tenth chapter, in particular - they've got introductory 'monologues' from 'real' authors (wink wink) like J.K. Rowling and Orson Scott Card:

"Please welcome the famous author, Orson Scott Ca-"
*tromp TROMP TROMP*
"Out of my way, peasant!" *SHOVE*
"Ow! My feelings!"
"Oh, go get pregnant!"
"What does that even mean?!"

Hey, maybe Twilight counts as my guilty pleasure? ;)

Question: If you could alter history and become credited for any single one scientific discovery that has been made (this is a very limited and somewhat crappy time machine, mind you), which would you pick?

Personally, I might go for one of the IgNobel prize winners; Andre Geim is interesting, since he's won both a Nobel prize in physics for tampering with graphene, and an IgNobel prize for magnetically levitating a frog. :)

#16 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

The Princess Bride. Between the "R.O.U.S.'s" and "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die", the dialog is charmingly silly and memorable. Also, I would have to say the movie Clue. I can recite this movie from beginning to end without flaw and it has one of the greatest ensemble casts ever. To this date, I use Mrs. White's "flames on the side of my face..." speech to describe rage-flaring moments in my life.

I thought Cyke was getting his skinny white box poked by Emma Frost these days?

Scott is too good for that cheap bitch. She doesn't even turn into diamonds... it's Cubic Zirconium!!

Question: If you could alter history and become credited for any single one scientific discovery that has been made (this is a very limited and somewhat crappy time machine, mind you), which would you pick?

I'm not sure it's shaded by the "scientific" umbrella, but whoever invented luggage with wheels is a genius. I would defiantly like to claim that brilliant breakthrough. Also,I'd love to be credited with creating Spell-check. It's pretty ahsome... awsom...ouasom... great.

Pinky, Brain (I'll let you two decide who is who)...

Is there a skill or talent that you would like to have that you never had the opportunity to acquire?

At the end of my 5th grade year, we moved to another city. The intermediate school I was supposed to go to in my old city had a full orchestra class where you could learn to play any number of classical instruments. I desperately wanted to learn how to play the cello. The new school I went to only had a marching band and I refuse to wear a tall hat with pom-poms on it without a Philip Treacy label on the inside. To this day, I honestly respect anyone who can play that instrument (any sting instrument for that matter) because part of me really still wants to learn.

Damn, that was almost cathartic...

#17 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Narf!

I kinda got to be Pinky for...undisclosed reasons.

Now, a scientific discovery to take credit for. . . Nothing is really coming to mind. Very few scientists get the credit they deserve, and I've never been a big science buff. So i cant really think of something that seems cool to take credit for.

As for a talent I've never had a chance to do, probably fencing. I wouldnt mind actually learning a second language or two, but I've technically had that chance, just never pursued it.

Question: is there a TVTrope you particularly identify with, or aspire to be, or just think it would be cool to be?

Also, moving conversation from Jade Regent session 3 thread to over here: Hugo Weaving?

#18 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

Question: is there a TVTrope you particularly identify with, or aspire to be, or just think it would be cool to be?

I can't think of any off hand. I'm sure deep in my psyche there is something swimming around...

Hugo Weaving?

Et tu, Carter? Seriously guys, you're not even tepid...

EDIT: Ohhhh I thought of a question. If you guys could have any job that ever existed, what would it be?

I was talking to Hal about this the other day... I want to be an International Jewel Thief! In the sleek black catsuit with the glass cutter and black eye mask! The hours would suck but I'd have all the sparklys!!

#19 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hmmm, dream job. Tricky question. Honestly, the most enjoyable and fun job i've had was working retail at a Board game store. So, managing a game store and being able to live off the wage.

Otherwise... Dictator. Possibly Time Lord.

As for my trope, i'll go with Magnificent Bastard with some Affably Evil.

Did we lose the monkey? Well, anyway, question is, in your opinion, most overrated movie/show/etc.?

And... Any of the hobbits?

#20 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

Did we lose the monkey?

I don't think so, but I heard Donkey Kong ate some of his bananas, so he might be sulking...

Well, anyway, question is, in your opinion, most overrated movie/show/etc.?

ANYTHING with Leonardo Dicaprio in it. The guy can't act.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge