• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Helaman

Helaman

Kobold

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

Last news I saw of the main page on site news that Lindsay was recovering after the surgery and all was well. Hows she doing lately?

Also is there any news on a return of the Fashionista Gamers to the stage - either Carrion Crown or something else?

#2 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

Last I'd heard with regards to the Fashionistas was the idea of playing Rolemaster, which could very well be the most amusing thing on the site given that Hal is Hal and Gilbert is Gilbert, with plenty of Lindsay to spice things up.

Haven't heard much about Lindsay though. Hope she's doing well! :)

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

Lindsay blogged about her recovery a week ago, and it appears she's doing just tickety-boo, thankfully.

As to the Fashionista Gamers: have you listened to the 2011 Christmas Special yet? Gilbert declares his undying surfer-dude love of a lovely young woman, Hal dons the frilly dress of Mrs Claus, and Lindsay gets a magic pew-pew lazer welded to her lower arm - shockers a-plenty!

#4 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

OMG, there is too much awesomeness to compute. My brain may melt.

#5 TedTheSummoner

TedTheSummoner

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hello there,
I feel cliche saying it, but I have spent a long time on listening to RPGMP3 but never got the nerves to post anywhere. So here I am for the first time.

well anyways, I just wanted to say two things. I am glad that Lindsay is recovering well.

And it brings me great pleasure to hear that Rolemaster might be getting played. I just recently started listening to the old Rolemaster adventure (one of my favorites on the site) and it amused me so much I found a box set of the 2nd edition core books and bought them. It would just tickle me pink if more Rolemaster got on the site.

That's is all I have for my first post. It feels sort of awkward having listened to Hal and Lindsay for a year or two now and only just realize that I have never actually communicated with them.

#6 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

How rude of me for not coming on and letting y'all know how I was doing..

Ill copy my blog post here, for those who haven't seen it..(its a bit long, sorry)

"So, along with approximately 7 billion other people this January, I am trying to blog more now that 2012 has arrived. I admit it, I have been a lax blogger, although I have a few genuine reasons for that, namely that I spent most of December having and then recovering from major spinal surgery (an Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion and Plating in my neck, if you want to be technical). I didnt want to write much about this problem on my blog, trying to keep it just to Violet Peacock and Hat-related topics, but obviously a surgery of this kind was bound to interupt my work.

During the latter part of 2011, I started to have major issues with my neck, spreading to my arms and legs. I then started to have numbness in my left arm, then leg, and an MRI confirmed that I had 2 discs (as I understand it) pressing onto my spinal cord/nerves. I was also diagnosed with Osteo-arthritus, Scoliosis, Lordosis and Degenerative Disc Disease. Note, I NEVER do things by halves.

I was lucky to be under the care of an amazing doctor, who sent me to one of the best Neuro Surgeon in the city, if not the US. He recommended surgery to fix the issue before it worsened, and while I was still young enough to recover well. With what I do for a living, not being able to use my hands properly, or bend my neck was not an option, so I decided to go for the surgery.

Im so happy to be able say that the surgery went well, and my recovery has been nothing short of amazing. On waking from the surgery, I was already able to notice a difference and was back on my feet and discharged after just one night. Its been about 6 weeks now, since the surgery, and I am almost fully back to normal. Actually, thats a lie, I honestly havent felt this good, this strong in years. Its been utterly life changing for me. I still smile every-time I open a door with my left hand, or pick up my cup of tea."

This is the scar, if you can even notice it..

Posted Image

So, yeah, I am now BIONIC :)

We have yet to restart our gaming schedule, as Im not yet able to sit for long periods of time, but I would imagine that we will get to it soon.

Thanks for all the support and best wishes..

Lindsay

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

You rock little lovely :)

Hal :hal:

#8 Peanuts

Peanuts

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

That's great to hear Lindsay! So can't wait for more from you guys. Finally finished listening to the old RM stuff. Hurrah for Ailish the Magnificent! :P

#9 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

Nice to hear you're recovered well, Lindsay! :)

They rebuilt her. They had the technology. Faster. Stronger. Geekier than ever before. ;)

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

Yay for Lindsay, the bioneckally-enhanced superwoman! :)

We have yet to restart our gaming schedule, as Im not yet able to sit for long periods of time

Mor'kil? Your line, I think. ;)

#11 TedTheSummoner

TedTheSummoner

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Another cheer then is in order. Really good to hear your doing well.

#12 Helaman

Helaman

Kobold

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

I don't normally surf the Millinery blogs :) so I missed it until I got the link posted BUT I am stoked to hear you are doing so well.

Looking forward to 2012 and your continued recovery.

#13 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Mor'kil? Your line, I think. ;)

DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU'RE SITTING ON!

M

#14 The_Emerald_Flame

The_Emerald_Flame

Stirge

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

Here is something that I think Lindsay (and probably others) will find this cute, and hopefully hasten her improvement/recovery from her surgery:

http://www.dernwerks...HWC/?m=20120208

enjoy

#15 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

Cute!

If only it was light that exited my Pugs bum...

:D

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

The webcomic Blue Milk Special is a funny and loving lampoon of the Star Wars saga, and I recommend it to anyone who won't blow an artery when they clasp eyes on a bad-ass chain-smoking Princess Leia, Darth Vader with a Star Trek coffee mug, or Yoda mangling the lyrics to a Metallica song. :)

The reason I'm advertising it here, rather than one of the official webcomic-plugging-threads on the site, is that the writer of the series has suffered spinal injuries and gone through the same surgery that Lindsay endured. If you read the commentary below the comic strips from the last few months, you may get an impression of what the Halpins have been going through, although with a gender reversal - in the case of Blue Milk Special, it was the wife (who also illustrates the comic strip in a very endearing and clear style, I might add) that ended up shouldering the dual burden of nursing her ill husband whilst being the main breadwinner of the household.

#17 thranduul

thranduul

Wizard20 / Archmage6

• Patrons
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan USA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

VERY happy to hear that you're recovery has gone so well and you're feeling better. I've been a 'listening lurker' and haven't posted in a while but I wanted to jump on and give a shout out. :)

#18 Jules

Jules

Goblin

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Best wishes, Lindsay, for your recovery. Hope to hear you in upcoming episodes of whatever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge