#1 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hello, friends,

Today I would like to talk to you about RPGMP3.com, as a site, and the awesome audio that we Groups have worked hard to produce. From the original Haunting to the Long-tall Texans, Pantsless Gamers, Whartson Hall & of course the Thistledowns (to name but a few), we have entertained you and given you hours of enjoyment.

EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

I am Danny Lammas, from the Pantsless Gamers (and more recently Gate Campers project). I am not writing on behalf of anyone other than myself. I am not writing to represent anybody's stance other than my own: that stance is that RPGMP3.com is under threat from the SOPA Bill.

Any recording of a pre-written module, or even a games-system, can be considered by SOPA as the illegal use of copy-written material (and thus piracy). The results of this is the complete-and-utter removal of the http://www.rpgmp3.com site and your access to it - and if the censors don't remove us, then our Hosting Company will have to, lest they face legal action.

Indeed, even a Troll who posts a link to copy-written material can result in this site (and thousands of others) being shut-down - without due process. Imagine that kind of power in the hands of Trolls.

So, this is my humble plea, if you enjoy the Free Internet and live in the States educate yourself, before it is too late and don't just assume somebody else will - if not for RPGMP3, Wikipedia, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, CraigsList, or Webcomics then do it for those of us who live outside of America and thus have no voice.

Thank you.

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

The fight against Protect-IP and SOPA continues: not in the US, but want to do your part to help protect the Free Internets? The following Link will show you how. :)

Sign the Non-US Petition Now!

Thank you.

#3 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

Signed

#4 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Also signed.

#5 Jodast

Jodast

Stirge

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, UK

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Signed

#6 Peanuts

Peanuts

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Ditto, and good luck you guys. Sounds like we'll lose about half the internet (or the good parts anyway) if this thing goes through. How ridiculous...

#7 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Sign the Non-US Petition Now!

I'm afraid this may be the link for an American poll as it claims I have an incorrect/non applicable post code. Having lived with the same post code for the last 28 years I'm pretty sure it's correct. And yes I tried taking the gap out of the middle in case they didn't recognise it that way. This leads me to believe that it might only be recognising US based post codes (or ZIP codes as they call them).

So since I couldn't put my name to this list I added it to the Avaaz one instead.

#8 Blaggard

Blaggard

Inky Bloater

• Patrons
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSurrey, U.K

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

Just added my name to the Avaaz list. I would urge all non US residents that frequent this site to do the same.
I've also posted a link to this page on YSDC.

#9 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

Signed!

#10 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Me too!

#11 Annatar

Annatar

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Signed the Avaaz list.

#12 Jodast

Jodast

Stirge

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, UK

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Signed

#13 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

Signed! :)

...well, I signed a few dozen other petitions. The non-American one has some rather hefty requirements I just can't live up to. ;)

#14 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Signed.

#15 forgedchaos

forgedchaos

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationCanton OH

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Also singed

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

...well, I signed a few dozen other petitions. The non-American one has some rather hefty requirements I just can't live up to. ;)

All it wanted was a email address when I signed up o_O

#17 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

All it wanted was a email address when I signed up o_O

Well now it wants first name, sirname, city (as if people only live inside cities) and a post code (wich it then fails to recognise). Possibly country as well.

I've just checked your link again and that really isn't the page it directed me to earlier. Now I've been able to sign up to that petition too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge