• 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Kingmaker continues...

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Session 44

Filesize: 113MB

"Prize Fights"

The party has two epic battles against an animated statue and an insectoid demon that summons insects and walks on insects.

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

It walks on insects? Darn, that must make it difficult for the PCs to set up a Men in Black reference: "Ooh, I'm sorry, was that your uncle? I guess it means that this one's your auntie, huh?" SQUASH!

Thank you, Hal and Strandies. :)

#3 SavageHenry

SavageHenry

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

just catching up and wow the derghodaemon is one bad mother. it made sense when i saw it was a revamp from tomb of horrors.

where was the anklyosaurus getting its smite ability from though ? was that one of the summoner's ablities adding to his summon ?

#4 Dungnmaster001

Dungnmaster001

Goblin

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

just catching up and wow the derghodaemon is one bad mother. it made sense when i saw it was a revamp from tomb of horrors.

where was the anklyosaurus getting its smite ability from though ? was that one of the summoner's ablities adding to his summon ?

certain creatures (marked with an asterisk in the list) summoned with the Summon Monster spell (or ability in this case) have the celestial creature template which gives it the smite ability 1/day among other things.

#5 SavageHenry

SavageHenry

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

ah thank you very much. learn something new every day.

i own all the pathfinder books and was having a heckuva time trying to figure out what the centaur character was. somehow i missed the synergist when reading through ultimate magic. i think i read the magus and just stopped.

#6 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

It's been fun listening to these sessions again with my wife (GM'ing the campaign for us).

Our party finally reached this point last night and it was one to remember - we teleported out on the 1st go with the insectoid daemon before we even went a round. 2 members feebleminded? Yeah, get us out of here. We came back with silence spells up front and firepower in the rear and aligned weapons and managed to snuff the thing quickly. But the iron golem, we weren't ready for.

The mage had seen the sigils on the walls and while we were gone, grabbed an adamantine longsword, which saved the day. The barbarian's player had a birthday party, so we didn't have a melee fighter - just 4 casters (oracle, druid, wizard, bard). But the druid kept the golem slowed with lightning and there was a blessing of fervor, haste, bard song, greater heroism, bull's strength, greater magic weapon, and a load of defensive buffs (life bubble was important) to keep the mage with the longsword alive up front while he hacked the iron golem to pieces. It was a ton of fun and saw one of the best exchanges of the campaign:

Bard: "I can't hurt it"
Wizard: "Pee on it, maybe it will rust?"
Bard: "I have performance anxiety!"
Wizard: "It's ok, you're a gnome so we expect it to be small."

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

Bard: "I can't hurt it"
Wizard: "Pee on it, maybe it will rust?"
Bard: "I have performance anxiety!"
Wizard: "It's ok, you're a gnome so we expect it to be small."

"Your idea of sex revolves around a clean-shaved maiden?! That's like a halfling with a pituitary syndrome; it's like a gnome with a small penis; it's like an elf with a Y chromosome - IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!" [/RjägjüjärHjëllstrjömm] :D

#8 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

The weird thing PM, is that's exactly what I thought of at the moment the dialogue took place.

"Gnomes, they're nature's tripods." The Glen has ruined us all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge