Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

OK!

Back at things after the new year and whatever... ;)

Alien0 Session 04

Alien0 Session 05

Alien0 Session 06

Alien0 Session 07

Alien0 Session 08

Alien0 Session 09

Alien0 Session 10

Filesize: All About 18 - 20MB

Lots of Alien fun for the new year ;)

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

Thank you Mr. Hal!

#3 Jules

Jules

Goblin

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

Yes, thanks Hal!

(I'm fairly certain these were around 20-30MB when I uploaded them; did they overindulge over Christmas? Or are files just bigger when they come out of Texas?)

Posted Image
Kane overindulges. Again.

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

Fat fingered it in my brain :)

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Updated the dates on the podcast to be 2012... :)

Thanks for the heads up folks...

#6 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Yes, thanks Hal!

I think Jules thought this day would never come...

Now I can add the photos from the other thread to my iPod and check them out while listening.

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

Fat fingered it in my brain :)

From the director of Human Centipede and Big Momma's Orifice, here comes: Fat Fingers in the GM's Brain, starring Megan Fox, Rob Schneider & the ghost of the Boston strangler.

#8 LordCrom

LordCrom

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, Ca.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hello Jules,

Just wanted to say, thanks for creating and running this Aliens0 podcast. I've burned through the first 6 chapters in 2 days and am looking forward to the home stretch.

Listening to it caused me to go back and enjoy the original film again, now that's a powerful creation. I hope that you have another project coming up soon? Maybe based on another classic sci-fi property (Blade Runner:) possibly.

Oh, I also picked up the Aliens RPG and Traveller book because of your work. You made a big impression on me with this one.

Keep up the good work. Take care.

#9 Jules

Jules

Goblin

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

Hey LordCrom, thanks for the feedback.

I listened to it through again (mostly) about a month back and mostly was struck by the problems; the ending (as should surprise no-one) is not exactly a happy one for our antiheros.

There are a couple more one-shot games recorded, one set in the mountains of France in 1940 concerning a party of pre-teen player characters, and another set in Cambodia during the Vietnam War involving some air rescue player characters, which Hal may consider posting.

The idea of a Blade Runner game is interesting: if it were a prequel, it would need to go well beyond the question of how well Deckard was known to the other replicants. (Oddly enough, the leaked 'Prometheus' treatment suggests that you could even bind the Alien and Blade Runner universes together at both ends, given that the human species is apparently suggested to be the result of a tampered android, via some time-travellin' retrocausality.) Maybe I'd go for a story which suggests that Deckard's investigation (or non-investigation, if we're feeling critical) isn't the first to have taken place, and by that I don't mean Holden's abortive attempt involving Leon. More interesting to suggest that there really was something special about Batty's crew beyond their rebelliousness and lethality, and my story would look into the causes behind their actions, as described by Bryant. (He's a liar, remember.)

#10 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Wanted to say that, while the ending was a bit rushed obviously by time constraints, I really enjoyed the plot twist at the end.

I don't know if it has been asked an answered...you can definitely hear pool/billiards being played in the recording, so are you recording in a pool hall, a bar, a student lounge or something else entirely?

#11 Jules

Jules

Goblin

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback, MW; concerning time, the dice were (rightly and fairly) dictating the action towards the end, and I feel a Ref has to do what they can to render that into a plausible series of events which (as a consequence) may mean for an abrupt ending.

Keep in mind, though, the basic requirement for Alien0 to establish the state of affairs discovered in the opening scenes of the original film; the Nostromo encountering a bizarre transmission, its computer interpreting it to be a distress signal requiring the interruption of the ship's passage, and the awakening of the crew to offer assistance, one of whom was a recent addition.

Alien0 manages this, I believe, and so it seems fitting, overall.

Glad you liked the twist (although I think I should have liked to have had minatures to help keep track of the physical location of the PCs and NPCs during that phase). The twist (which is a logical result of the PCs actions, I believe, particularly towards certain NPCs, and not something abritrarily foisted upon them) is designed to offer a plausible basis for the many implausible aspects of the behaviour of the WT company in the decades following the events on Acheron (i.e. the canonical films after the first). It does rely upon certain S8 personnel playing their cards close to their chest, but that is all part of basic training for such types, after all.

(To be more explicit, Alien0 reveals that a group within WT is using the company as a mask to disguise actions which should rightly seem to be beyond the realm of human rationality, given that they seem to passively-aggressively engage in an existential threat to human civilisation. Sounds like anyone we know by now?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge