• Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Another game from Whartstock 2011.

Mystic Force - Super Agents Session 01

Filesize: 89MB

Whartstock 2011: Hero System 01 Super Agents! Mystic Force

Posted Image

The backroom boys who support the magical Mystic Force are thrust into the foreground as their employers unexpectedly disappear...
The Hero System is available from Hero Games
The Players:
Mark: The GM
Weasel: Karl Mordern
Sara: Sophia Ford
Martin: Hans
Ross: Seymour Seabeast
Chris: Jimmy Jones
This adventure occurs simultaneously with Whartstock 2011: Hero System 02 Super Agents! Tech Team

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Thank you Whartstockers :D

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

"How do you send all those faxes?"
"In the middle of combat?!"
"I simply need to... escalate to the next level!"
"An iPad?"
"No: iLegal!"
"That would be spelled: illegal, wouldn't it?"

It's amazing what you can get away with when you have a lawyer on your side. :)

"We have the right to smack you around the head with rubber tubes!"

#4 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

... or how NOT to run a game, 101... ;)

A word to all you newbie GMs out there, LEARN the system before you game, especially if it's going to be recorded! :D

Seriously, all power to the players (especially John and Sara playing a style of game they don't particularly like), who took my rambling plot and turned it into a great game! :)

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

... or how NOT to run a game, 101... ;)

A word to all you newbie GMs out there, LEARN the system before you game, especially if it's going to be recorded! :D

Seriously, all power to the players (especially John and Sara playing a style of game they don't particularly like), who took my rambling plot and turned it into a great game! :)

Stop being so harsh on yourself - that's what the internet trolls are for. ;)

Honestly, you managed just fine; an integral part of GMing, IMHO, is improvisational skill and fancy footwork to cover any minor gaffes that the players (those unsophisticated louts) might misconstrue as 'mistakes' - case in point, when you noticed that you hadn't named the Bad Guy HQ, you quickly jumped in with "Let's call it Whartson Manor." All you need is a bit more agressive attitude backing it up, and any cynical players piping up with "Made that bit up just now, eh?" could quickly be squashed with the argument that you were making an homage to your noble hosts, rather than pulling a random name out of your arse. :)

Admittedly, you might not want to take my advice on GMing - my players have often complained about my habit of equating 'improv' with 'TPK'. Posted Image

#6 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Rather scarily, (and here Dr J can back me up), we had actually plotted most of it out. :)

My normal way of GMing is that I design up the world, know the rule system, then let the players do as they will. :) There generally is a plot behind everything, if the players ignore it bad things normally happen to the world (they ARE the Heroes after all!).

In this case, I knew the world, just not the system, or at least not well enough to GM it. However, we knew enough to have combats, and could kind of do spot checks, so what else do you actually need?! :D

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Rather scarily, (and here Dr J can back me up), we had actually plotted most of it out. :)

My normal way of GMing is that I design up the world, know the rule system, then let the players do as they will. :) There generally is a plot behind everything, if the players ignore it bad things normally happen to the world (they ARE the Heroes after all!).

In this case, I knew the world, just not the system, or at least not well enough to GM it. However, we knew enough to have combats, and could kind of do spot checks, so what else do you actually need?! :D

As Sara seems wont to tell people, all you really need is a Streetwise skill. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge