23 replies to this topic

#21 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

Look, I'm sure we can all agree that the important thing here is: His pants stayed on. :)

Wait, why is that important?

#22 errand

errand

Errand

• Patrons
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChilliwack, BC

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Yes, suspenders over there would bring something rather Monty Python.
Same applies to pants there Pencil-Monkey LOL
He is rather to have around. Fixing the inlaws trailer etc. He built the log cabin you see later himself back in the day.
As for getting his pants off... no problem.
Especially when he smells of sawdust and chain oil. I'll rip through the kevlar with my teeth if I have to.

#23 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Look, I'm sure we can all agree that the important thing here is: His pants stayed on. :)

Wait, why is that important?

Pants in the US are the same as what the rest of the world calls 'trousers', correct?

#24 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

Pants in the US are the same as what the rest of the world calls 'trousers', correct?

Within a certain degree, yes. The term trousers is somewhat arcane here in the States. Typically, the term 'trousers' referred to the bottom half of a man's purchased, two-piece suit (blazer, being the jacket). You're more apt to just hear 'pants' when referring to any bifurcated garment worn below the waist that extends to, at least, the ankle. "Slacks', "khakis" and "jeans" all have very specific connotations and are relatively accepted terms within the fashion community as well.

G :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge