• Create Account
Photo

OUT!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Your thoughts... (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Your thoughts...

1. Watching a male Halfling do push-ups turns me on like a freaking light switch (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. I start to feel funny when I look at Pencil-Monkey's drawings of Mor'kil. (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. What happens at GenCon, stays at GenCon! (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

For those of you thinking that I was joking - perish the thought! - about my status as an Honorary Homosexual, I unearthed the certificate I was awarded by the Grand Pooftah himself and scanned it in:

Posted Image

See, it's official :D

#22 StirringSagacity

StirringSagacity

Lucid Patron

• Patrons
  • 154 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

For those of you thinking that I was joking - perish the thought! - about my status as an Honorary Homosexual, I unearthed the certificate I was awarded by the Grand Pooftah himself and scanned it in:

(picture removed to save space)

See, it's official :D

HAHA that's awesome! :D

#23 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

I started gaming when I was 16, and there was a fella by name of John who was often in the group. Very often he was the butt (no pun intended) of many a gay joke. There was even an apocryphal tales of others in the gaming group helping him move once, and finding a large dildo amongst his possessions.

We always said "John, no kidding, the gay jokes would stop if you just came out..."

Well, about 10-ish years ago, he did come out, and by golly the jokes DID stop (save for a Shadowrun game where I was giving code names, gave him "Mr Pink", and being the good sport that he is he immediately gave the response from Reservoir Dogs, cue "Because you're a...", and he and I commenced laughing like morons).

Also having been a LARPer in the Cam, I've gamed with and hung out with every possible point on the gay spectrum - from the closet bi to cross-dresser to a couple of guys so flamingly gay I was shocked that sprinkler systems didn't go off when they entered the room.

Guys that make Andy Dick look butch.

Personally, I've never much cared who someone enjoys bedding, no matter I'm at work or at a game.

#24 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

When I was 11 (I was 5 foot 10 at the time so this wasn't exactly a pedophilia thing, Yes I'm extremely tall - 6 foot 6 today) I was attacked and very nearly raped by 2 gay men.

I don't want to give any more details but the only reason i wasn't sodomized right then was that I was stronger than both of them combined due to living and working on a farm.

I'm happy that everyone else can be all happy and laugh and stuff about this, but some of us have good reasons to back away from the whole gay thing.

Ironically everyone thought I was gay growing up because I have and still have difficulty letting down the barriers and even acknowledging any kind of my own sexuality. I wonder why that could be. Hell when I finally got my first girlfriend at 24 my mother drove us around showing her to all her relations to show them I wasn't actually gay.

So yeah I'm homophobic because I was sexually assaulted, was then accused of being gay myself as I hate sports and shied away from intimacy because I had been sexually assaulted, and then to ad insult to injury I even had all the closet gays propositioning me as they thought I was a sure thing, which got me so sexually confused and resentful of the whole damn thing that I've been alone most of my 39 years. Seriously, fuck gay people.

But the Wartson hall recordings have really helped me as its helped me laugh at the whole thing of sexuality which has helped me relax about it a bit more as I near middle age. So thanks guys.

I really don't know why I'm telling you all this but basically just saying some people might have good reasons to be a bit upset all this happy rainbow shit. And maybe its actually ok to admit that one is upset,

#25 Nicholas

Nicholas

Stirge

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Pheonix, I understand pain is not a rational thing but does that justify hating an entire group of people based on the actions of two perverted people?

The sexual seclusion you write about suffering from is how gay people in many communities are forced to live their whole lives. Do you want millions of other people to have to suffer like you did because over what two poor examples of humanity did you? I'm sorry that something so awful happened to you, but your anger isn't hurting the people responsible, it is hurting you and a group of people who just want to feel free to express sincere love.

#26 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Pheonix, I can't imagine what kind of trauma that must have been to live through. I would hope that, over time, you will learn not to judge the actions of a few against the group as a whole.
Having said that, please know that in the Fashionista Gamers section of the forums, everyone is welcome... Gay, straight, bisexual or otherwise.

Gilbert

#27 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

Wow Jack Brass! A certificate and everything! Please tell me you are going to have it framed and hung over the mantle. Emphasis on "hung" :wink:

G :D

#28 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

Wow Jack Brass! A certificate and everything! Please tell me you are going to have it framed and hung over the mantle. Emphasis on "hung" :wink:

G :D

Considering it's been - surprise! - hiding in a closet for more than ten years I'm not making any promises :D

#29 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

That there are men who want to be with other men baffle me, but as far as I am concerned people can do whatever they want with other consenting people. I have however played in a group with a player who was gay for a short time. Never played any gay characters as I never thought I could get my head into it seriously. I am running a super flaming ball of stereotypes npc for my traveller game though. One of the players decided his character "Lord Byron" was pretty much the embodiment of every hedonist and gay stereotype. As he wasn't able to play much after the first session the group kind of took that and turned it into the camp comedy relief. I admit some curiosity as to whether Byron will offend people or so much of a caricature everyone else finds him as funny as we did once those episodes are posted.

#30 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

That there are men who want to be with other men baffles me, but as far as I am concerned people can do whatever they want with other consenting people.

Oh wow, I was with this one guy who was into baffling. He had a huge conundrum. Let's just say we got confused together... A LOT!

G :wink:

#31 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

One of the players from the marvelous Monkeys Took My Jetpack RPG play session podcast, a guy called Pat (see below), dropped a few comments in a recent session to the effect of "being able to get married in New York" and "making an honest man" of his boyfriend (or possibly vice versa). You might wanna drop over to their forums and say 'hi', but be careful: he seems like a nice, quiet guy, so try not to frighten him with all your "mothers, lock up your daughters - and lube up your nephews!" palaver.

...Although, come to think of it, one of his recent characters was a dwarf cop who had an *ahem* inappropriate relationship with his Giant Spider mount, with the dwarf's twin brother looking disapprovingly from the sidelines. ;) Oh, and he also played Betty the Deep One, who was convinced every male entity they met (and some of the females) were totally digging her batrachian lips, her bulbous eyes and scaly hips.

Posted Image

EDIT: By the way, on the MTMJetpack forums, Pat goes by the handle of 'pfmdesigner'. That's right, he's a designer. Stop sniggering!

#32 mtmjPat

mtmjPat

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

When I was 11 I was attacked and very nearly raped by 2 gay men.

I don't want to give any more details but the only reason i wasn't sodomized right then was that I was stronger than both of them combined due to living and working on a farm.

I just joined the forum but I wanted to respond first to this post. Pheonix, you were lucky -- you got away. On my 18th birthday, the summer I graduated from high school, a former teacher knew I was home alone and brought over a bottle of rum, because he wanted to be with me the first time I got drunk. Nevermind that I had no real desire to drink at all. I had just completed four years being groomed to do whatever this trusted teacher told me to do, so I drank. I wasn't out yet. I was still in the "please God don't let me be a homosexual" stage. It was a horrible, frightening, scarring experience. But I don't hate homosexuals, and I don't hate teachers. I do hate predators and I will admit I don't care for rum.

But I do laugh. I love being with the girls, sharing jokes that only other combat vetrans can understand. Because when you wake up from passing out and find yourself being sexually assaulted you can basically do one of two things: die inside or realize nothing else is ever going to be quite so bad.

#33 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Hi everyone, BJB here, making a rare appearance in Moderator Mode, signified by this harder-to-read text colour.

A topic like this one, however well-intentioned, always has the potential to go awry, be it by attracting trolls, awakening unpleasant or difficult memories, venturing that bit too far for some people or simply pushing the wrong buttons. It's a tribute to the RPGMP3 community that this thread has been as open (no pun intended) and active as this without things really turning very nasty indeed. Can you imagine if it had been posted on, say, RPGnet? Bans galore, I'd wager.

We don't want to get even close to having to ban people, or shut down a thread, or even delete individual posts, so I'm jumping in here not to issue warnings or point the Official Finger at anyone, merely to remind you all that this is a gaming forum; and a pretty friendly one, too. Please bear that in mind if you do post anything, regardless of which "side" you might be on or what the purpose of your post might be. My only concern is to avoid an unnecessary escalation in the future.

Thanks for doing your part to keep the boards civil, open and friendly. I'm off to change into my usual colour.

#34 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

First of all Mr. Brass, green is not your color.
Secondly, the next time you get serious on us, I expect at least 3 more puns.

G :twisted:

#35 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:06 AM

Hi Pat! Welcome to the forums - normally, someone would direct you to the Introductions section and invite you to tell us something about yourself, but, ah... I guess you already did. 8O

#36 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

Hi Pat! Welcome to the forums ...

"Hi Pat, welcome to our igloo, how was your..."
GUESS THAT REFERENCE PENCIL BOY!

#37 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi Pat! Welcome to the forums ...

"Hi Pat, welcome to our igloo, how was your..."
GUESS THAT REFERENCE PENCIL BOY!

An intellectual half-orc/half-carrot? The mind boggles. :)

#38 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

An intellectual half-orc/half-carrot? The mind boggles. :)

I hate you.

G :wink: :D

#39 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

Secondly, the next time you get serious on us, I expect at least 3 more puns.

It's a pity you didn't ask for an innuendo. I might have given you one ;)

#40 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

It's a pity you didn't ask for an innuendo. I might have given you one ;)

I don't think I've been on the receiving end of your sharp tongue before, 'cause I think I'd remember that.

G :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge