• Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

The second part of the second session of Saturnine Snows

Rise and Fall: Saturnine Snows Session 02b

Filesize: 41MB

Rise and Fall - Saturnine Snows
Penticani Boxing

Violence and oppression both find the company as they huddle, alone, on their way to Glacendia. Yet two more strangers find themselves drawn into this tale as paths collide and swords are drawn.

Episode 2 has been split in half to accommodate those who just want to listen to the story (this part) rather than Alex & Natasha's character generation (part a).

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

Time for the Viking Lady to punch someone's face off! Thank you Hal and Campies. :)

#3 stefman123

stefman123

Raven

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Really enjoying this so far the music etc in the background really does add to the feel and over all quality and productionvalue.A few annoying moment in there with you having to repeat yourself that would have annoyed me as a dm but once that was ironed out it was really good.

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Really enjoying this so far the music etc in the background really does add to the feel and over all quality and productionvalue.

Glad you approve, unfortunately time restraints have meant I can't keep it up for the duration of operation catch-up - like a lot of the groups prior to Christmas we fell behind on our uploads, but I've managed to edit & upload 13 of our 18 episodes*. Once I've caught up we'll be returning to this style of edit again - as I do prefer it, even if it does mean 3 evening's worth of man-hours to produce.

Out of curiosity, did you listen through all the Tropis stuff when you followed the Pantsless? I'm constantly looking for new ways to improve my method both behind the screen and in post-production so any feedback related to how the project has grown over the years (yes, it is actually years now :D) is appreciated.

Best wishes and I hope you continue to enjoy the fruit of our labours - we have quite the adventure in store for you with a few familiar faces a few episodes in. :)

Daniel.

* Accurate as of posting, we've another episode recording this Friday and guesstimate this story arc to last for around 25-30 episodes.

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

Really enjoying this so far the music etc in the background really does add to the feel and over all quality and productionvalue.

Glad you approve, unfortunately time restraints have meant I can't keep it up for the duration of operation catch-up - like a lot of the groups prior to Christmas we fell behind on our uploads, but I've managed to edit & upload 13 of our 18 episodes*. Once I've caught up we'll be returning to this style of edit again - as I do prefer it, even if it does mean 3 evening's worth of man-hours to produce.

Out of curiosity, did you listen through all the Tropis stuff when you followed the Pantsless? I'm constantly looking for new ways to improve my method both behind the screen and in post-production so any feedback related to how the project has grown over the years (yes, it is actually years now :D) is appreciated.

Best wishes and I hope you continue to enjoy the fruit of our labours - we have quite the adventure in store for you with a few familiar faces a few episodes in. :)

Daniel.

* Accurate as of posting, we've another episode recording this Friday and guesstimate this story arc to last for around 25-30 episodes.

What happened to you, man? You've changed! You're polite and well-mannered, you've combed your hair, you're not wearing the spiked black leather choke-collar anymore - you're not Danny, you're... Daniel! *Sob* Posted Image

#6 stefman123

stefman123

Raven

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

Daniel.

What happened to you, man? You've changed! You're polite and well-mannered, you've combed your hair, you're not wearing the spiked black leather choke-collar anymore - you're not Danny, you're... Daniel! *Sob* Posted Image

LMAO

and no daniel(as you shall now be known :-P) I haven't listened to the original tropis stuff I may do at some point if I find an empty slot I need to fill.I pretty much just listened to the DA stuff from pantsless as that's what im working on a campaign for at the mo and i found it really usefull.

stef

#7 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

What happened to you, man? You've changed! You're polite and well-mannered, you've combed your hair, you're not wearing the spiked black leather choke-collar anymore

PENCIL MONKEY, IF YOU HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF ILLIANI IN A SPIKED LEATHER CHOKE COLLAR, I DEMAND YOU RELINQUISH IT AT ONCE!

G :D

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

PENCIL MONKEY, IF YOU HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF ILLIANI IN A SPIKED LEATHER CHOKE COLLAR, I DEMAND YOU RELINQUISH IT AT ONCE!

When I was involved with some folks on the BDSM scene a few years back I constantly wore a leather dog collar. No photographic evidence however. ;)

I haven't listened to the original tropis stuff I may do at some point if I find an empty slot I need to fill.

Well, I hope you enjoy what you hear here then. :)

What happened to you, man? You've changed! - you're not Danny, you're... Daniel! *Sob*

I prefer the term "Digivolved". :D

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

What happened to you, man? You've changed! You're polite and well-mannered, you've combed your hair, you're not wearing the spiked black leather choke-collar anymore

When I was involved with some folks on the BDSM scene a few years back I constantly wore a leather dog collar. No photographic evidence however. ;)

Oh, you're so cute when you're lying. :P I think I'll just send you an email with a broadly suggestive set of business terms, so that we may discuss how badly you want to *cough* pay me lots of money *cough* keep that photo to yourself. Of course, Mor'kil might be prepared to express his fiscal gratitude more strongly than you money money money; the pound may be outweighing the dollar, but horny half-orcs are known to be more willing to spill some green, *nudge nudge, wink wink* ;)

Blackmail? No no, that's such a terrible word - I prefer extortion; it's much cooler, with an X. Posted Image

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

One emergency [retracted] account closing later...

...I now have absolute faith that no such picture exists, nor is there any existing evidence of the existence of a teenage Danny.

#11 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

...I now have absolute faith that no such picture exists, nor is there any existing evidence of the existence of a teenage Danny.

Well darn it! I live by a few rules. One of which is: If it ain't on paper, it never happened. Oh well... :wink:

G :twisted:

#12 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well darn it! I live by a few rules. One of which is: If it ain't on paper, it never happened. Oh well...

I'm doing it for the lulz, ladies gentlespoons and Monkeys of all ages, I give you the photo of 17yo Danny Monkey's spy network managed to unearth.

Posted Image

#13 stefman123

stefman123

Raven

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Looking sexy danny :-P

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Well darn it! I live by a few rules. One of which is: If it ain't on paper, it never happened. Oh well...

I'm doing it for the lulz, ladies gentlespoons and Monkeys of all ages, I give you the photo of 17yo Danny Monkey's spy network managed to unearth.

You firp fwackin' smeghead! What possessed you to go ahead and post the picture?! I was gonna start a bidding war to drive up the price, and then when I'd sold it to Mor'kil for a medium-sized fortune, you and me could've split the profit and laughed at him for blowing his cash on a totally innocuous photo!

"Mmm, I'm Duh-niel, I'm a silly twat - I don't like to take money from gullible half-orcs coz that would morally reproachful and bla bla bla, also it smells icky and it's stuck together in a gross way."

:P *Blows loud raspberry* ;)

#15 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

Illy, the only thing I would change in that picture is the Murderdolls poster. I pegged you for more of a "Hang in There Kitten" kind of guy. :wink:

Posted Image

Also, it would be interesting to see a comparison of what you look like now. Just sayin' :wink: :wink: :wink:

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Illy, the only thing I would change in that picture is the Murderdolls poster. I pegged you for more of a "Hang in There Kitten" kind of guy. :wink:

I think he used to have one of those, but he had to dismantle the gallows when his parents complained about the smell.

...Oh, that's not the kind of hanged kitten you meant? And here you provided a picture and everything. :)

Also, it would be interesting to see a comparison of what you look like now. Just sayin' :wink: :wink: :wink:

You're on Facebook, both of you - just poke him and ask if you can see his photo album.

#17 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Technically, its not my murderdolls poster, I was around a friend's stealing his internets (we never had the internets till I moved out and got my own in 2006-7ish).

This is the most recent, non-larp, photo I have. It was taken for the 2010 Secret Santa. The eagle-eyed among you may note a picture of Junior School Danny in the background. I look a little anaemic because I'd just finished spending 5 years living on the dole.

Posted Image

#18 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

This is the most recent, non-larp, photo I have.

I love the Burt Reynolds lounging pose! LOL
Thanks for sharing!

#19 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

I love the Burt Reynolds lounging pose! LOL

Well, I need to shave my jesus-beard, so I may actually do something well lulz-worthy...hmm...dare I...?

#20 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

Is this not RPGMP3.com? What does that collar have to do with gaming?

Now, THIS collar has to do with gaming. :wink:

http://pics.livejour...ce/pic/000wb277

Sooner or later I'll have to post pics of our hand-painted Temple of Elemental Evil battle mats. Six 3.5'x4.5'ish maps and three 1.5'x3.5' ones so far, and we're only down to the first level of the temple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge