• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Pencil Monkey, as I can't walk past a radio at the moment without Katy Frikkin' Perry coming down my ears (oo-er), I want to thank you for making it constantly remind me of Whartstock, and so making the cold turkey back to reality much more bearable :)

Cheers

That's was EXACTLY why I used that song! Honestly, Gilbert, all you silly accusations of me enjoying Katy Perry songs and singing along - pfft! :lol: For laughing! In fact, I find it very distracting to listen to the original version of a song when writing a filk to it, because the old lyrics keep overlapping the shiny new words blooming in the manure of my mind.

Of course, in order to test the new lyrics, I did have to sing the new version several times, dancing wildly around the room - purely to test the rhyme and meter, of course... ;)

#22 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

That's was EXACTLY why I used that song! Honestly, Gilbert, all you silly accusations of me enjoying Katy Perry songs and singing along - pfft! :lol: For laughing! In fact, I find it very distracting to listen to the original version of a song when writing a filk to it, because the old lyrics keep overlapping the shiny new words blooming in the manure of my mind. Of course, in order to test the new lyrics, I did have to sing the new version several times, dancing wildly around the room - purely to test the rhyme and meter, of course... ;)

I now have an image of a monkey dancing around in leg warmers in an 80's movie montage.

G :wink:

#23 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Mrs Weasel was extremely well enveloped in her towel

I mis-read that as 'developed' - gave quite the wrong mental image

Poor Thing must be all a-flutter over this thread :lol:

I have finally recovered enough to type safely and reply to the awesome thread, but my brain apparently needs a bit more recovery before I have anything worth contributing.

#24 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

I have finally recovered enough to type safely and reply to the awesome thread, but my brain apparently needs a bit more recovery before I have anything worth contributing.

help you if you'd seen her in the flesh then... 8O

#25 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

This is so unfair!

I have no bunk at work.

#26 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

This is so unfair!

I have no bunk at work.

Brisk jog round the office followed by an ice-cold shower under the water cooler? :)

Oopsie, Sara dropped her towel again! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge