12 replies to this topic

#1 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

The Not So Secret Origin of OOTAK (TNSSOOOOTAK?)

The first day a group of strangers got together to play a little 3.5, someone decided they’d throw all their character’s extra cash into buying a donkey. The rest of the party made fun of this decision until it was seen how useful a pack animal could be. The donkey, named Him, somehow had a knack for being right in the middle of combat and utterly unconcerned with it all as long as he had some shrubs to munch.

Him became somewhat of a mascot of the player group that initially wanted to call itself the Order of the Ass. After several successful melees with Him on the battlefield, they have changed it to The Order of the Ass, Kicking. Since then, the player group shrank by one and expanded into other game worlds. The spirit of, kicking, remains.

The standard depicts this noble beast, rampant as only a donkey would be, set among 5 stripes representing the number of the original group.

#2 Snappyapple

Snappyapple

Goblin

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Mule >> Donkey, bonus points if you get it trained into a warmule. That is all.

#3 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

OK, what's it with the beasts of burden? I guess it is a roleplaying tradition because the Fashionista Gamers just got a couple of donkeys/mules, in Trial of the Beast, named Burrito and Tamale, pulling a wagon named The Enchilada.

One of them (Burrito) desperately wants to become a unicorn...

G :D

#4 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Well, in out kingmaker campaign the group has a standing rule that if it is smaller than 3ft they try to tame it. This has met with mixed success. The primary fighter has also had his mount awoken as a sentient creature (who turned out smarter than anyone else in the party] and is now his cohort and the group's arcane caster.

#5 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

test post. test edit. and again. and finally works

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hah! Mine's bigger than yours.

...The annoying banner ad, I mean. :D

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Lets not get sizist now gentlemen :)

Am I going to have to start issuing rules about banner sigs to prevent proliferation? :P

I have to say the little animated ass is really cool... as has been most of the animated ass I have encountered throughout my life :P

Hal :hal:

#8 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

I have to say the little animated ass is really cool... as has been most of the animated ass I have encountered throughout my life :P

Hal :hal:

Really? What a short memory you have...

Posted Image

;)

One minor point: those huge sigs throw the entire forum off to the right on my screen, so I have to scroll across each line to read other people's posts.

#9 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I can test the ability to resize it, but when I was working on getting it to post right I got fed up and decided not to bother as it posting and linking correctly was good enough for me.

#10 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

One minor point: those huge sigs throw the entire forum off to the right on my screen, so I have to scroll across each line to read other people's posts.

I have that problem too. Perhaps we have a Strategic Banner Sig Limitation Treaty to hammer out? It's like SALT, but with BS instead of Arms.

#11 Twyst

Twyst

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Guess I have to work on a smaller but more ostentatious sig banner for LightPagoda to use. ;)

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

*Sigh* Farewell, sweet banner ad - I barely knew ye. :)

#13 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

I have that problem too. Perhaps we have a Strategic Banner Sig Limitation Treaty to hammer out? It's like SALT, but with BS instead of Arms.

I'm sure that if I'd been alive when those talks were hammered out I would be able to construct a funny around SALT and associated BS, but being a youngling nothing springs to mind. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge