• 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

And... I'm spent...

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Session 30

Filesize: 108MB

"At Least We Know Where to Bury Them"

The party passes through the Valley of the Dead and into a massive Tomb. Are they prepared for the challenges they will find there?

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

I very much enjoyed seeing how the Strand group tackled the entrance to the Tomb. I also look forward to seeing how the use of the Ring and the events of the Cult work out, lots of fun waiting there I am sure. Also glad the witch pulled through and is still with the group as of this episode. The game wouldnt be the same without her taxkeeping. I have been enjoying running Kingmaker for my own group, but I have to say that for a section so map dependent it seems as if the cartographer didnt read half the descriptive text in a number of places. The tunnel to the right of the map in the pool room is supposed to be purely underwater according to the description, with no land except where the pc's enter, yet the map makes it look like the tunnel continues. The same goes for the cliffs outside the island. The description of the River Crossing area made me think the path led right down to the water level, but the map was drawn with cliffs on both sides of the river. The cliffs make sense, but there should have been mention of them and their climb check like on the other side of the river if they actually were there.

I completely missed how many secret doors blocked the way though. Very good observation that it probably isnt the best design to block off the route you want players to go multiple times with hidden doors unless there is no way they can miss the information that the plot lies in that direction.

#3 Mirdan

Mirdan

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

The same goes for the cliffs outside the island. The description of the River Crossing area made me think the path led right down to the water level, but the map was drawn with cliffs on both sides of the river. The cliffs make sense, but there should have been mention of them and their climb check like on the other side of the river if they actually were there.

As one of the players (Halungalom/Zarzuket), I also felt like the description, the map, and the skill checks we made didn't quite match up. I suspect any climb checks may have been swept under the rug the same way we started skipping swim checks for crossing rivers.

I very much enjoyed seeing how the Strand group tackled the entrance to the Tomb.

We were somewhat competent in that section, weren't we? Hopefully you'll enjoy our handling of the rest of the tomb.

#4 MrQuizzles

MrQuizzles

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

Are they prepared for the challenges they will find there?

Goodness, no. That should be obvious to anyone who's been following us. This tomb is serious business.

#5 Skyth

Skyth

Kobold

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

If you are looking for a good program for mapping/etc for online gaming I would suggest maptool

#6 elvendude

elvendude

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'd just like to say for the record: none of that is the cartographer's fault.

Generally, the cartographer is given a rough map drawn by the author and told, "Make that look good." If something isn't clear on the author's map or isn't included, the cartographer won't know about it.

It is then the *developer's* job to make sure the text matches the map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge