#1 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

Just a thread for me to post random updates and such. I suppose other folk might just make a Twitter account, but I have an unfounded dislike for it.

Currently feeling well spoiled with new ipad, new android phone, and new vehicle. Isn't technology great?
Despite being way overcommited, still want to run more games. Kinda want to run tomb of Haggemoth for a third time. Also have shackled city sitting on my bookshelf. Not to mention there's all those wonderful pathfinder adventure paths. Then there always the non-d&d/pathfinder stuff i could do. I got savage deadlands, Forge: dawn of chaos, a few other indy games. So many games, so little time.
Happy that I'll get to run ptolus again this Monday.
Get to see pirates number four tonight. Have high expectations.
Also, bored at work.

#2 undecided44

undecided44

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

I saw the 10AM show of "Stranger Tides" in my local theater, and was not disappointed. Not sure if you'll read this in time, but I suggest staying until the end of the credits for 20-30 seconds of opening for another movie.

Plus, you get another Transformers preview before the opening (if you get the same real we did here on the east coast.

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

I saw the 10AM show of "Stranger Tides" in my local theater, and was not disappointed. Not sure if you'll read this in time, but I suggest staying until the end of the credits for 20-30 seconds of opening for another movie.

Plus, you get another Transformers preview before the opening (if you get the same real we did here on the east coast.

The Yorkton Theatre is a little different from most theatres these days, so dunno if I'll get to see this transformers trailer or not. But glad to know that Pirates is decent. As long as they're enjoyable swashbuckling romps following the adventures of lovable Captain Jack, I don't care if they milk that series for a long time.

Also, I'm kinda starting to get in the habit of watching to the end of movies of certain types. The marvel movies and these ones and so on. It's a clever way to have all those people who helped make the movie get recognized (even if nobody really pays attention), but it's a bit annoying too.

#4 undecided44

undecided44

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

It's a clever way to have all those people who helped make the movie get recognized (even if nobody really pays attention), but it's a bit annoying too.

I like to see movie credits, usually because I want to see what the music was, but in this case it, got a little old when they listed the fourth group of digital artists from the third digital effects company involved in the production.

Regardless, if it's swashbuckling you're looking for then you'll have it, in spades, from this film. Hope you enjoy your night out...

#5 Kleedrac

Kleedrac

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationYorkton, SK

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

You could have started a blog, twitter account, or forum post on our own forum. Instead you make one here?! You suck dude :)

#6 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

You could have started a blog, twitter account, or forum post on our own forum. Instead you make one here?! You suck dude :)

See first post regarding twitter. I suck at blogs, too one way. Our own forum is filled with the guild people anyway, and I either get to either talk to you guys in person, or on the irc, I doubt you want to hear even more from me. :P

This is more so to keep in good touch with the rpgmp3 community, cause it's fun here too.

Anyway, Pirates was fun. Good swashbuckling indeed. A very good movie for inspiring roleplaying. Kinda makes me go back to my earlier comment of wanting to give tomb of haggemoth a third go almost, some good high seas fun in that.

#7 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

Saw Pirates again last night (mostly cause my sister didn't want to go by herself, but I wasn't adverse to seeing it in theatres twice). It really feels like a well executed tabletop session of swashbuckling fun each time I watch it.

Just finished audio editing on the latest session of Ptolus, which is good cause we're going to be playing again tonight (hopefully). I should do some prep because they've kinda wrapped up the latest plot point.

#8 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:53 AM

Happy and satisfied right now, finished catching up with the last ptolus session and have it currently being loaded into the tubes for patrons. It's all in Hal's hands now :P

This week is looking to be a bit of a break from DMing the games. I need to use this oppurtunity to catch up on prep, oh, and probably work on catching up with the huge dragon's delve backlog.

Been reading Paizo's release for free rpg day, 'We be goblins', looks like a fun and silly one shot, considering running and recording it for fun. Gives me a chance to use squeaky goblin voices.

Found a new guilty pleasure last week. My little pony: friendship is magic. I can't see a reason why, but I kinda adore the show. Flutter shy is awesome. Don't judge me until you've watched a few episodes. I actually recommend watching at least up to the third, or just the third maybe, the first two had an element of camp that isn't present in the other episodes, to give it a chance.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:29 AM

Found a new guilty pleasure last week.

Oh, I think Gilbert will have to find a special place in his Lockhart-lovey-dovey folder for this little nugget - c'mon, spill! What is it?

My little pony: friendship is magic.

...A VERY special place, mmm! :)

#10 undecided44

undecided44

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

-- snip --
Found a new guilty pleasure last week. My little pony: friendship is magic. I can't see a reason why, but I kinda adore the show.

I got a little worried when my 5 yr old (son) came home from pre-school asking to watch the show, but I have to admit, this is one of the ones I don't mind watching with him. Mind you, it's no WonderPets or Dinosaur Dan, but it has much broader appeal than Dora or Diego.

:oops:

I just re-read what I typed, and I'm realizing that I really am giving up on life as an adult and accepting a role as parent. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

#11 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Currently feeling well spoiled with new ipad, new android phone, and new vehicle. Isn't technology great?

Ipad 2? See, now you have NO excuse not to Facetime me... :wink:

Wha'cha drivin'?

G :D

Oh and Mr. Monkey... The special place I keep for Lockhart is one of friendship and nerdiness and nothing else. I assure you we are just cyber friends...

On a personal note... I had an obsession with the original MLP when I was a kid. My favorite was Gusty. She was a unicorn whose magical power was causing a small wind storm to kick up. She was kinda grumpy and cynical, but was always ready to face a challenge. I identified with her ALOT! I need to find her and a copy of both movies. Off to Ebay...

G :wink:

#12 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Ipad 2? See, now you have NO excuse not to Facetime me... :wink:

Wha'cha drivin'?

G :D

Oh and Mr. Monkey... The special place I keep for Lockhart is one of friendship and nerdiness and nothing else. I assure you we are just cyber friends...

On a personal note... I had an obsession with the original MLP when I was a kid. My favorite was Gusty. She was a unicorn whose magical power was causing a small wind storm to kick up. She was kinda grumpy and cynical, but was always ready to face a challenge. I identified with her ALOT! I need to find her and a copy of both movies. Off to Ebay...

Yep, Ipad 2, but my excuse is, I dunno your facetime address :P

My new wheels is a 2011 Hyundai Tucson. I likes it.

And cause I cannot resist, Some reasons why MLP:FIM is wonderful.

#13 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

Curse you Lockhart! Guess what comes on right before Jem an the Holograms? That's right, MLP. And guess who watched it? That's right. Me. I noticed they used a lot of names from the original show. I think Applejack was one of the original ones. I like her much better as a cowgirl. Good lord, what am I saying...
G :D (I had to use the smiling emoticon because this site doesn't support the face palm one)

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

My favorite was Gusty. She was a unicorn whose magical power was causing a small wind storm to kick up. She was kinda grumpy and cynical, but was always ready to face a challenge. I identified with her ALOT! I need to find her [...] Off to Ebay...

You're gonna buy a unicorn on Ebay?! Where, oh where hath gone the wonder and child-like innocence of yore?

(I had to use the smiling emoticon because this site doesn't support the face palm one)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

(I had to use the smiling emoticon because this site doesn't support the face palm one)

Let me rephrase... Within the readily available emoticons of RPGMP3, there is no face palm.:roll:

Moreover, my Little Pony the movie is NOT available on streaming video from Netflix. Posted Image

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:15 AM

Let me rephrase... Within the readily available emoticons of RPGMP3, there is no face palm.:roll:

Well, Hal had to make room for the most important emoticons, i.e., the ones that get used most often. :knit: :sew: :punish:

#17 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

Curse you Lockhart! Guess what comes on right before Jem an the Holograms? That's right, MLP. And guess who watched it? That's right. Me. I noticed they used a lot of names from the original show. I think Applejack was one of the original ones. I like her much better as a cowgirl. Good lord, what am I saying...
G :D (I had to use the smiling emoticon because this site doesn't support the face palm one)

Mwahaha, join the herd of fans. As a side note, Hasbro has been pretty lenient, and one can find all of season one on youtube.

And I've only this to add to the smilie debate...CTHULHU! :cthulhu:

#18 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Posted Image

#19 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

See, when you put it like that, it makes me seem like an incurable geek. But its coupled with a MLP picture, so instead of feeling hurt, i feel the warmth of friendship :P

Though MLP is totally a gateway to roleplaying. Magic and adventure, mythic creatures such as dragons, hydras, manticores, and cockatrices.

#20 MorkilRocks

MorkilRocks

Ghoul

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

See, when you put it like that, it makes me seem like an incurable geek. But its coupled with a MLP picture, so instead of feeling hurt, i feel the warmth of friendship :P Though MLP is totally a gateway to roleplaying. Magic and adventure, mythic creatures such as dragons, hydras, manticores, and cockatrices.

The only reason I banter with you is because you are an incurable geek.. a My Little Pony loving, geek :D
I did find a pic of the loyalty traits (good, chaotic good, et al.) and pics of the characters from MLP:FIM associating with each. Clearly, you are not the only roleplayer afflicted with the pony love. Hmmm... My Little Pony dice bags....

Oh geez... don't get me started on Manticores... wait till session 2 of Trial of the Beast... ugh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge