5 replies to this topic

#1 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Just some ideas for a scenario that sprang to mind after downloading Cat, the Whartson Hall's latest (looking forward to the steampunk one), and having way too much time to think at work.

Some sort of post-apocalyptic future (aren't they always) where cats have mutated, or been bred by humans, into human-sized warriors. There are far too few humans to fight off the evil, and cats make better fighters: faster reflexes, better senses.
What's the evil? Other mutated animals? Bad humans? Darkness from beyond? Not sure.

Of course most of the world is ruined: acidic deserts, carnivorous jungles, endless wastes so transport and combat are aerial. Airships and zeppelins! Flown by giant cats! :D (The thought of a cat in a greatcoat and goggles was just too good to resist...or possibly this is all going a bit furry, yikes).

Hmm, the humans get protection, what do the cats get out of this? Possibly humans are still better thinkers, tacticians, scientists, so communities of people and felines have grown up for the benefit of both. Probably there are mean cats (bad kitty!) who keep humans as slaves just to do the fiddly jobs that claws and paws can't handle. Also exist the likelyhood of 'hunts', mmm crunchy humans. :twisted:

Can humans and giant cats interbreed at this point? How would hybrids be viewed? (Think we're wandering off into furry territory again, best avoided.)

I'm definitely thinking a world similar to the one in Philip Reeves' Mortal Engines. System would need to be quite 'real world', maybe slightly above normal but not as survivable as pulp. You're a hero (furry or otherwise) and you're good at your skills but a bullet/fall/clawswipe is still going to take you down.

Anyhoo, just some ramblings.:D

#2 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

Sounds brilliant. :D

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

Any chances of this turning into an Isis Special at Whartstock 2011, later to be released for our audio enjoyment? :D

#4 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:56 AM

Err, no. :)

#5 Martimus

Martimus

Ghoul

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

I dont see why not...leave it with me :D

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

I dont see why not...leave it with me :D

Famous last words. ;) But yes, looking forward to hearing any audio adventures that may come of this. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge