#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

A character creation session for a Pathfinder game set in Ptolus...

Pathfinder: Ptolus Session 00

Filesize:122MB

Episode 0: Character Creation
A new campaign set in Monte Cook's Ptolus, converted to the Pathfinder system. A party of five interesting characters is created in this first session.

Featuring:
Carter
Aimee
Brian
Jack
Brad
Mandy

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

You guys really like Pathfinder, huh?

Thanks Hal and YGGers! :)

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well, mostly we really like DnD 3.5. But one day WotC said, 'We don't want your money anymore, so we aren't making new stuff for 3.5. We don't even want to sell you the stuff we've already made for 3.5.'

So when paizo said 'Hey guys, look, we're gonna make more 3.5 stuff for you, and let you try it before you buy it, and let you help playtest it, and try to make the mechanics a bit less broken' we were like, 'Okay, here's our money.'

That's the answer more or less in a fun little story. So yeah, like the pathfinder, and it's not too hard to convert the stuff from ptolus I need too.

#4 Calibret0

Calibret0

Kobold

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

Awesome!
I wish I could find a group like this...

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

Glad you enjoy Calibret. I'm sure you could find a group if you got out there and tried. Comb the game stores and libraries and what not. It also helps if you're willing to GM. Toss some posters out there looking for group with an e-mail address, or check the internet to see if some sorta group already exists. There are probably other gamers out there also looking for group :D

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

Psst... Hey, guys! Lockhart is starting to sound frazzled - let's pester him and see how long it takes before he cracks! ;)

To return to the audio for a moment: It sounds very promising, but I was most surprised to hear Aaron Eckhart in your gaming group, using the not-very-imaginative pseudonym 'Jack', no less. :) Chevy the Kobold Paladin sounds like an interesting character, along with the rest of the party:

"I touched her the wrong way, so the witch cursed me and turned me into a Halfling!"

"You weren't doing it wrong, you were just too short." :lol:

#7 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

Frazzled...when you run two games a week (ish) for players like these, you get a little frazzled. But then I just listen to Accordlands and laugh at the nimbic's antics. Emba' Emba' Emba'!

And yeah, with two couples in this group, there's gonna be some interesting character interaction. :D

#8 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

"Intro music provided by www.danosongs.com "

It seems I neglected to credit the maker of the wonderful background music for the intro of this one. Oops.

#9 Dac127

Dac127

Toad

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

Aaron Eckhart really i always thought i sounded more clint eastwood or brad pit i guess i was wrong

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

Nope, definitely Aaron Eckhart. :D I take it you're the aforementioned Jack, AKA Chevy the Kobold-turned-Halfling? When Lockhart mentioned there being two couples in the current lineup, does that mean that you and he are... shall we say, doing the full Mor'kil? ;)

#11 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

While I'm sure that Gilbert is tickled pink (well, maybe more pink than usual) that you've turned his PC's name into a verb, I must disappoint you in that I maintain strictly platonic relationships with my players, unlike some GMs who sleep with, or are even married to their players ;). I am therefore able to remain completely impartial to their begging and cries for mercy. Unless they bribe me with snacks. Delicious delicious snacks.

(However, in regards to my relationship with Kurtis in the Dragon's Delve game, I must insist that "I'm the Husband!")

And a big hello to Jack for increasing the YGG representation on these boards!

#12 Dac127

Dac127

Toad

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

yes sir i am so and wow me and lockhart a couple dear sir i say that is a little
wow i am a loss for words normally i would have some snappy come back but atm i have nothing well played sir

#13 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

I was discontent with the lack of new content on the site, so I went back to listen to some of these sessions again. Listening to this one, it's at least no surprise that the Yorkton group can't get together much. That sounds like a whole lot of kids to try to schedule games around.

Still, I really enjoyed these sessions while they lasted. Everyone seemed to be having so much fun.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

That's one plus about gaming over the net. Games can be scheduled for after kiddy bed time, reducing interruptions to being a bit late at the start. Then you just need an understanding other half about having a gaming night every so often... :)

#15 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I was discontent with the lack of new content on the site, so I went back to listen to some of these sessions again. Listening to this one, it's at least no surprise that the Yorkton group can't get together much. That sounds like a whole lot of kids to try to schedule games around.

Still, I really enjoyed these sessions while they lasted. Everyone seemed to be having so much fun.

I will have to give them a look - I've not listened to these games yet!

#16 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

I will have to give them a look - I've not listened to these games yet!

There's a LOT of miscellaneous noise in episode 00, but it quiets down significantly after that first (zeroth?) session.

I don't game much over the net, but I don't have kids and my wife GMs more games than I do, so the two of us thankfully don't have too much trouble arranging game nights personally, although they're usually more like 'gaming sunday afternoons'.

#17 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Currently few of my friends have kids so that is not a problem for me - getting them together is more of an issue. I have to say that Sunday afternoon gaming sessions seem a lot more civilized than gaming nights!

I'm currently listening to episode 0 and it seems to settle down after the first hour, and in any case is a fascinating insight into family life :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge