• Create Account
DriveThruRPG.com
Photo

Last Christmas On Earth (2010 Christmas Special)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

Once more it is time to assail your ears with sweet festive joy and wonder. To make things all light and filled with happiness and the sounds of little children singing carols like darling angels...

OK! Who am I kidding... its the RPGMP3 2010 Christmas Special. This was kind of an impromptu recording using a scenario for the boardgame Last Night on Earth by Flying Frog.

I mean what says Christmas more than a town full of zombies. This is also the first time to the mic for our friend Gilbert so be nice :)

This is just a three player game so hopefully we manage to keep the longstanding tradition of the RPGMP3 Christmas Special alive and kicking.

Last Christmas on Earth

Filesize: 121MB

Lindsay does have some photographs from this session. I intended to make a video with this audio and some of the photos but I may not manage to get time to do this but we will post up the photos shortly :)

Let us know what you think...

Merry Christmas to everyone - hope you enjoy it...

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Thank you Hal, Lindsay and Gilbert I look forward to listening to this Christmas joy. :D

#3 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

Oooh, the Christmas Special. How shall we force Santa into this scenario, I wonder...

Ah, who am I kidding, I'll love it even if he's not there. Thank you, Hal and Lindsay, and welcome to the recordings friend Gilbert! Downloading...now.

#4 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:39 AM

Oooh, the Christmas Special. How shall we force Santa into...

It's usually been who rather than how... :D

An unexpected early Christmas present, this. Thanks to all of you for facing down the undead for our entertainment.

#5 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

I finally finished it, and this has been bugging me: what was that music in the background? I recognized it, but I couldn't remember what it was...

Yeah, this was fun. It does seem very, very hard to win as the Heroes, especially if someone like Gilbert is playing the zombies. ;) And while there was a distinct lack of Santa...last years Special had enough of him to go around. He he he...

But yes, lots of fun. Thank you all for taking time out of your lives to amuse us. :D

#6 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

One of the tunes is the tune he used as the backing track to the intro of the thousand thrones game. A wonderful piece of music. I'm not sure what its called though.

I've only listened to half of it but so far its good fun. well done guys :D

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

Thanks folks :)

I think it is a little change of beat for one of our Christmas Specials but nothing too bad and Gilbert's inherent evil definitely spills out onto audio. I think he was made to play a Zombie Overlord...

The music in the background is a looped soundbed of The Music Box. Something I picked up as stock music for a the site a while ago from stockmusic.net. I have used bits and pieces of it a lot in various bumpers and intros but this is the full piece looped a few times.

I thought it was creepy and a bit Burtonesque and also a bit Christmasy...

#8 sturtyt

sturtyt

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationManistee, MI

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Yea! this may be the actually be the first Christmas special I've actually listened to during this Holiday season!

#9 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

No Santa? But who is going to offer everyone a ride on his magic candy cane?

I'm sure all will be well. We have a long drive to visit relatives this season and I'm bringing this one for listening in the car.

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

Santa is kind of an incidental character in this one...

He lands and gets attacked by zombies, drops his book and buggers off and sends the heroes back in for him.

Quite Santa like behaviour. I am sure he gave all those young girls a run around the sleigh before he sent them off...

#11 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

Something to compliment the zombie and Christmas mood :)

A VERY ZOMBIE HOLIDAY (Instructional video)

#12 muradib

muradib

Stirge

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

It does sound like you handicapped the heros for this, normaly you can roll your movement dice and then decide to move or search. I also think that unless it's agreed before game any item collected is shared by the group unless alt. rule where if character dies all their "items" fall into their square and the first hero to enter the square can pick them up as a free action not needing to search. I haven't seen the pictures but also you can shoot from inside a building outside, the wall the character stands next to is assumed to have windows to shoot out, so when it sounded like the zombies where outside the police station and the hero with the shotgun was in the station the wall/s next to the hero would have allowed you to shoot out. Normally heros have a good chance of winning if they stick together and work as a team, which you did, but it seems the zombies did get an unusal amout of bonus points (special rules/abilities) where the heros didn't recieve the same.

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:09 AM

Oooh, the Christmas Special. How shall we force Santa into...

It's usually been who rather than how... :D

An unexpected early Christmas present, this. Thanks to all of you for facing down the undead for our entertainment.

Seconded! :D Many thanks.

Santa always arrives in time to fill all our empty holes... in our schedules, that is! 8O

#14 Hagen

Hagen

RPGMP3 Addict

• Patrons
  • 213 posts
  • LocationConway County, NJ

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

So next year, can Santa send the Heroes to get his book back from a Great Old One attacking Arkham?

:P

#15 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

A good spot of fun!

for those wanting more Santa content

#16 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

I really enjoyed playing this game, it was fun, even though the Heroes are totally shafted :D

It was also nice to play with Gilbert, it was his first real foray into gaming, and he really enjoyed himself, although he's a little scared to actually come online and read the forums!!

He has even hinted at perhaps wanted to play in an "actual" RP game, so you may see more of him in the future... :wink:

#17 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:16 AM

He has even hinted at perhaps wanted to play in an "actual" RP game, so you may see more of him in the future... :wink:

I certainly hope we do. It was a delight to hear his sheer glee at the successive drubbings he delivered to the heroes, his laugh veering heavily into the style of Paul Lynde as The Hooded Claw.

#18 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

I also really enjoyed this year's Christmas special. Thank you :)

#19 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

Indeed, Gilbert was a joy to listen to as he argued and his slightly demented glee at the heros troubles

#20 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

It was good to hear you in a game again Lidsay :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge