#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

Character generation for a new game from a new group. All be welcoming and happy...

RPGLED Pathfinder Session 00

Filesize:19MB

Character Creation for the Paths of Gaeda campaign.

Follow along at http://www.obsidianp.../paths-of-gaeda

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

Thanks and welcome! :)

#3 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

I'm the DM for this game, and we've had a lot of fun with this system. We've recorded 21 episodes of this game thus far - so there will be plenty of audio for this game coming soon. :)

#4 Manzcar

Manzcar

Stirge

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

and it is all good

#5 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

I've begun listening to the group and I'm really enjoying it.

You mentioned the playtest aspect in the character creation session, I look forward to the comments on how this system can be improved upon as a GM who is running the system as well.

Cheers,

#6 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

I've begun listening to the group and I'm really enjoying it.

You mentioned the playtest aspect in the character creation session, I look forward to the comments on how this system can be improved upon as a GM who is running the system as well.

Cheers,

Most of the playtest aspect comes in the form of us grappling with getting rules right (or more frequently, wrong) since all of us have experience with many different RPGs, but none of us are deeply fluent in D20, which always seems to have some extra rule or exception that we can never remember.

We also discuss the sourcebooks, what we like/dislike about certain classes and rules, etc etc.

#7 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

What are you using for recording it? :)

#8 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

I use a Zoom surround recorder (with 4 mic elements for either 2-channel surround or 4-channel surround) that has excellent pickup. There is SOME variance in the sound quality, because we change venues a few times, and during a lot of our sessions after a certain point, we have people leaning back on the couches a bit far from the table. I try to do what I can in post to even things out, and I keep telling people to speak up! :P

#9 roarmalf

roarmalf

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:04 AM

I just finished Session 7, can't wait for #8!

Just wanted to say that the recording quality is excellent, and very much appreciated. It's one of if not the best audio mix of a group like this that I have heard.

I love hearing the characters and the world being wrought together as you play.

Keep posting episodes! :-D

Random fact: my name is Joel and I live in Maryland. Tell Joel I said "way to represent" ;-)

#10 roarmalf

roarmalf

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

Also a warning to anyone who visits the obsidian portal site and views the logs: there are logs from quite a few sessions that haven't been posted here, so watch out for spoilers!

#11 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

Another warning about Obsidian Portal. I really like their site.

I haven't gotten to really put it into play, since I'm still GM'ing Council of Thieves, but I've already started putting up a few odds and ends for the homebrew campaign I'm planning beyond that.

#12 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

The Obsidian Portal site has been a real boon for me in keeping track of what goes where in the campaign. The worst of the spoilers are all in the adventure log, so they should be easy enough to avoid. You'll probably pick up one or two things just trolling through the wiki, but nothing that would ruin your enjoyment of the audio.

We just recorded session 27 last night - it was a particularly fun one. Also, I uploaded a couple of more sessions to the non-patrons area over the weekend, so hopefully those will post here sometime in the next 24 hours.

#13 roarmalf

roarmalf

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

Hmm, I'm new to the site. I didn't realize there was a patrons/non-patrons area. I found the info link though, so I'm straight. I might have to finally get a paypal account so I can donate.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not trying to bash Obsidian Portal at all. I was just warning others not to start reading on the first page if they're new to the series. I may or may not have started looking at the site while one of the characters was in mortal danger. Which is really just silly on my part ;-)

Thanks for the awesome podcast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge